First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully this company is capable of producing these tops in large quantities. I wonder if they went with some one that builds aftermarket hardtops for the Wrangler?
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Given the Webasto debacle, surely Ford implemented a ton of performance guarantees to ensure the new vendor comes through. It must be a lucrative deal for the vendor if they pull it off but catastrophic for them if they don't. Not knowing anything about automotive development, I wonder why Ford doesn't just create their own.

Anyone with more in-depth knowledge of automotive supply-chain intricacies care to elaborate for the group?

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hopefully this company is capable of producing these tops in large quantities. I wonder if they went with some one that builds aftermarket hardtops for the Wrangler?
BINGO , YOU WIN A COOKIE
ford wouldn't sign over a new contract unless they got the company to be able to start fairly soon .
I'm thinking the same company that builds the jeep tops

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats to you mod top guys who are waiting. I'm just hoping ford gets Webasto to produce a decent MIC top to replace the one I'll need to file a warranty claim on. Lol.

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BINGO , YOU WIN A COOKIE
ford wouldn't sign over a new contract unless they got the company to be able to start fairly soon .
I'm thinking the same company that builds the jeep tops
You lost us at “Ford wouldnt…..” 😂

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since we have no idea what company is the supposed new contractor, maybe they already posses the ability in their facility to begin cranking out tops in no time at all. For all we know, Ford confiscated the tooling and process equipment for the MOD tops as part of an agreement in the contract separation. My only question is, have they also negotiated a progressive shift of the MIC tops to this new company as well. News like this makes my waiting a lot easier to take.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice. Hopefully I can get a painted Mod top and a Bronco truck at the same time. Ship has sailed for me to get a Bronco and I'm fine with it. I'm fine to wait until it's all been ironed out.

Crazy to think it will be a few years between what was shown in 2020 as being an option and actually having that option available.
Sponsored