Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody have a link to the right wiring adapters to buy? For my BMW I know there was an eBay guy who was selling the female connector with wires that would connect to the aftermarket speakers - no modification to stock stuff needed. Assume there’s something similar for Ford I’m just not sure what specifically to get.
If you find them let me know. I could take pictures of the harness if that helps. I haven't yet finalize our install and that would make it easier. I haven't had much luck yet but I still have some time to invest in searching the web.
Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you find them let me know. I could take pictures of the harness if that helps. I haven't yet finalize our install and that would make it easier. I haven't had much luck yet but I still have some time to invest in searching the web.
I found some on eBay but I’m 1. New to Ford and 2. Unsure what translates from current vehicles to new Bronco. This is the sort of thing I’d like to get…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metra-72-6...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

There was also a guy (TechnicPNP if you want to Google) who made add an amp or add a sub harnesses that you’d use for the signal to drive your sub. Again BMW but it was a very clean install - maybe something similar exists for the Bronco.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not quite sure about mounting the JBL? I considered doing something on the swing gate where the accessory ready points are. I wish it fit under the rear seat but it is just barely too big to fit on the ledge under the seat. It definitely needs to be secure before hitting the trails.

The JBL was wired to both rear speakers at first and was very underwhelming, I rewired it to the front drivers side kick panel and it became twice as loud, I do still need to wire it to the passenger kick panel 6.5 but I ran out of time before having to take the Bronco to 4WP for the leveling kit install. This will be the first thing I do once we get it back, after pictures of course.

The grommet in the firewall was already there, unused in our Outer Banks, not sure if it is used for the B&O or something else in other trims? I poked a hole just smaller than the power line to push through the power wire and still have a tight seal.

The amp install kit we purchased came with 18 gauge speaker wire.

Over all I did a ton of poking around to learn about the Bronco while completing the install. Now I have a few hours of finalizing the install and making everything look as clean as possible. Tesa tape, soldering, and some form of insulation in the pods are next up to wrap up this project.
Thanks! Can't wait to see and hear the finished product! My OBX will be all the more great from your efforts!

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, I was wondering if these Jbl’s would work in place of the kenwoods. https://www.jbl.com/car-speakers/STAGE3+427.html
They should fit, definitely diameter wise they will, depth looks the same as the Kenwood's we installed.

The stock 4 inch speakers are right at 2.25 inches deep and the stock 6.5 kick panel speakers are 2.75 inches deep. I am taking the speakers out soon to solder them and will measure the aftermarket speakers we install for a comparison.

We picked up JBL 6.5 and would have picked up JBL 4 inch speakers had they been on the shelf at best buy.

The last time I was in a car audio department it was full or people and speakers along with salesmen. It was a completely different experience 20 years later lol.

Sponsored

Orange_Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They should fit, definitely diameter wise they will, depth looks the same as the Kenwood's we installed.

The stock 4 inch speakers are right at 2.25 inches deep and the stock 6.5 kick panel speakers are 2.75 inches deep. I am taking the speakers out soon to solder them and will measure the aftermarket speakers we install for a comparison.

We picked up JBL 6.5 and would have picked up JBL 4 inch speakers had they been on the shelf at best buy.

The last time I was in a car audio department it was full or people and speakers along with salesmen. It was a completely different experience 20 years later lol.
Great! Thanks. Also would these fit in the rear speakers on the roll bars too? Thanks again!

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great! Thanks. Also would these fit in the rear speakers on the roll bars too? Thanks again!
As long as you can remove at least one of the mount points. The oem speaker have 2 screws and the lower inside mount point will not fit inside of the rear pod.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s interesting to me that the Knick panels have four wires. Wondering if all four are used on the base system or two are just there for the B&O

Jmschultz22

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Impala, 2017 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

~
For the dash and rear pods, I couldn’t find the speaker wire adaptors so I just cut them leaving me enough wire to splice the factory back in if necessary. For the 6-1/2” in the kick panel, you can use the same wire harness as the F-150 and Ranger. Just know, you will need the Ford speaker adaptor to go from 6-1/2” to 6-3/4” to allow for the 3 bolt connections. See my pics:

4D51C056-4D46-49D1-89B1-B3F4FF42A917.jpeg

20B80E70-F5C2-4BD4-8FD6-97625127BF7D.jpeg

1D975DB3-DAA4-4DA3-8FD0-6934CF562553.jpeg

3B252096-1414-4151-BF41-E988D1972879.jpeg

Sponsored

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a random question, somewhat related though. Trying to find out the thread size on the OEM antenna to see if the aftermarket stubby one I currently have will work.
Would you be able to unscrew yours and measure thread diameter and pitch for me? If you have a tap and die set they usually come with those little thread measuring tools. The antenna I have is meant for F-150 which has 1/4”-20 threads. Any info is appreciated

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent write up and video. Thank you

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s interesting to me that the Knick panels have four wires. Wondering if all four are used on the base system or two are just there for the B&O
The two systems are wired totally differently. On base the other two are passed through to the dash speakers. Only two wires from a dsp on B&O.

9151384E-0E22-442E-8782-23536EA01B61.jpeg
B27DB1D0-053E-481A-B763-088E0E09C7B7.png
B73B61F6-1FD0-4F19-A94C-0175AC9A33E9.png

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wonder if the stock kick panel speakers have a high pass frequency filter of some sort going to the dash.
Sponsored