Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone found how to make the switches always on rather than switched with the key. I've been searching the forums, but coming up empty.

Bumping this back up for this question. I have some interior lights that I added to aux 4.

Ideally, I’d like it to always be hot rather than depending on ACC…..for things like camping and stuff.

Anyone done this?
Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes I was able to this past weekend. I'll snap pictures of it and provide the proper pin/harness location. One wire feeds power to switches 1-4 and the other wire feeds power to switches 5-6.

Oh I just saw this

See my post above

I want to make my Aux 4 always hot, if it’s fairly simple.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I just saw this

See my post above

I want to make my Aux 4 always hot, if it’s fairly simple.
If you want switch 4 to always be hot, switches 1-3 will as well. No way around that. You can’t have switch 4 hot and not 1-3.

Same goes for switches 5-6 however they are not tied to switches 1-4. You can’t have switch 5 hot without 6 being hot.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you want switch 4 to always be hot, switches 1-3 will as well. No way around that. You can’t have switch 4 hot and not 1-3.

Same goes for switches 5-6 however they are not tied to switches 1-4. You can’t have switch 5 hot without 6 being hot.

Ok cool.

I’d be good with 1-4 always being hot.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And thanks. Any help on how to do this would be much appreciated.

Sponsored

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m a little old school here and trying to understand the Aux switch wring. Attached is a “old school” drawing of I would typically connect a switch to a device. Can someone please show me how this relates to a Aux switch wiring. Hope this makes sense.
Thanks.

FECEF8A8-5A16-4B34-A507-270B4835F31A.jpeg

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this is your video but I found this last night on another thread and you saved me so much time, thank you. I ended up cutting the wire along the rear passenger running board like you (?) suggested, popped on a butt connector, ran a new wire under the rear folding storage board and into the jack cubby to wire my rear bumper lights in.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions FECEF8A8-5A16-4B34-A507-270B4835F31A
Did you just wire in both lights into the supplied wire? And did you just ground it under the hood? I’m about to install a new bumper that has lights and trying to figure out how to splice in the supplies harness with the aux switch

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you just wire in both lights into the supplied wire? And did you just ground it under the hood? I’m about to install a new bumper that has lights and trying to figure out how to splice in the supplies harness with the aux switch
I wired both lights into the wire that I ran off the supplied wire (same as the guy in the video). I believe I grounded it out on an existing ground that was in the trunk area, you don’t need to run it up to the hood.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I was able to this past weekend. I'll snap pictures of it and provide the proper pin/harness location. One wire feeds power to switches 1-4 and the other wire feeds power to switches 5-6.
Hey did you ever post your pictures of how to make these to "always on"?

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey did you ever post your pictures of how to make these to "always on"?
This! I posted a new thread asking this question and it came up empty. @2Jeeps&PatriotX1 , we're all very interested in what you did! This is literally what I am working on today, I want my dashcam and Midland 275 switched always on.

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figured out the Upfitter relays are in the BCM, then figured out the BCM is below the steering wheel. I'm close, thinking I need to find the Green wire that is leading to switch E and F. Open to ideas!!

Edit: I never did find the green wires from the BCM, nor how to get into the Battery Junction Box. So I tapped in at the overhead console.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 1653003489642
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 1653003499879

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 1653003514880

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 1653003547563

Last edited:

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

AUX Switch Wiring Diagrams:

By @swooshdave
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 1653003547563

🎥: by Bronco Nation

How to access, connect, and use the auxiliary switches in the 2021 Bronco.
Hey, I've used several aux / uplifted switches and added a dongal to my rear view mirror. Mirror power turns off vehicle is shutdown.

The issue I need support with... Can I change an aux switch to be hot / live with power even with accessories off? My in car camera has 360° parking monitoring but needs power 24/7.

I can run a hot lead to the camera but thought connecting it to an aux switch would allow me to turn it off when parked in my garage.

Thoughts..... thx!

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you so much for the info! I am looking to add aftermarket heating to the passenger seat, for my Wife. What would be your recommended method for wiring to an aux switch? My limited knowledge tells me you could connect to the wires in the glove box, but it also appears you have to jump the wires there, to the fuse box, to access one of the aux switches. I am considering an aux switch, because other than adding the Oracle illuminated BRONCO letting, and Rough Country lights to the modular bumper, I don't see adding much more. I will let the vendor connect the wiring, I am simply trying to give them as much info as I can, to help simplify their process.
Thanks so much!!!! This is exactly what I’ve been looking for.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NP. Not sure if you saw my last update, I still need to figure out the power feed, just planning to do run a fused power run. That yellow wire is on a delayed relay that turns off after awhile. It was working every time I tested, even over night, I open the door and the relay turns back on. I may still use that line for LED interior lights, just as a sense to switch a relay.
Sponsored