First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands 2.3 SAS Lux Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know why switches 1,4,6 would work and 2,3,5 would not work? All do light up when toggled.
Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know why switches 1,4,6 would work and 2,3,5 would not work? All do light up when toggled.
Other than blown fuses, I don't see how you'd have that combo of working/non-working. Any more detail or how you're testing/verifying 2,3,5 don't work? Can you hear the relays clicking when you flip the switches?

Edit-the relays are under the main fuse panel in the engine bay, you can't get to the relays but can hear them.

RayB1969

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands 2.3 SAS Lux Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vehicle on. All switches are on and they light up. I can take wire from my light kit and touch each wire of the pre wired wires and 1,4,6 work and 2,3,5 didnt work. So I took fuse from switch that did work (it of course went off) put it in spot for the other switches and still no power. Its very confusing. I have not checked anything on relays

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vehicle on. All switches are on and they light up. I can take wire from my light kit and touch each wire of the pre wired wires and 1,4,6 work and 2,3,5 didnt work. So I took fuse from switch that did work (it of course went off) put it in spot for the other switches and still no power. Its very confusing. I have not checked anything on relays
Ford should of had the switch illumination connected to the relay output for this very reason. But cost and common sense got the better of them I guess...
I would guess you maybe have a loose plug leading from the AUX switches to the relays in the engine bay....? Wondering out loud if Ford used a plug for the even numbered switches and a plug for the odd...?
Are they individually fused, each circuit?

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see any correlation to 1,4,6 or 2,3,5 (A-F). Sure you're testing the right wires? Maybe you're testing the jumper wires that go to the glove box/cargo area? Can you hear each of the relays active/deactivate? Below is the full Aux circuit, there isn't much to it.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 1656368277123

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 1656368288117

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 1656368413794

Sponsored

Giddyup Buttercup

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So did I miss something, or if I wanted to run something to the cargo area, I'd use up at least 2 connections which means I can't wire in all 6 switches?
You did not miss anything. The video is terrible. Near the glove box you can connect either wire coming from the engine compartment to either wire going to the roof or rear quarter. Only connect 2 factory wires together.

Vladytom

Badlands
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where was it? Lol!
My two door doesn’t have the access panel shown in the instructions

Rocky Rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Spectre_Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

**MAJOR EDITS MADE**
I definitely got it wrong the first time but I've been set straight (thank you @mjcutri @peta8368)!
Below are edited examples/macaroni art level diagrams lol

----------------------------

I'm a very visual person - this is how I'm making sense of this:

*Disclaimer: Apologies to those who are pros at this! I just geeked out and decided to make these for me and whomever else is "newtothis"

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions 1656368413794

^^The red circle are the Aux Switches running into the engine bay
^^The blue circle are Circuits B1, B2, and C which originate in the engine bay

1) There are 6 Aux Switches...each that run wire down in the engine area. These are all powered, but none of them are connected to anything.
2) In that same engine area are 3 Circuits (B1, B2, and C) that you can connect to any of the Aux Switches in any order you choose.
3) The remaining 2 Circuits (D & E) do NOT originate in the engine bay. Instead they originate in the glovebox area. You cannot DIRECTLY connect an Aux Switch to Circuit D or E.
4) Doing the math...if you connect 3 Aux switches to 3 of these pre-made Circuits in the engine bay...that will leave 3 Aux Switches unused. You can run your own wire from any of these 3 remaining Aux Switches to anywhere you want in the Bronco.

Example 1:

Let's say you want to power something that requires a decent amount of juice. Let's say that item is a high-powered light bar that would be mounted where the roof rack would mount to the front.
You can connect the Aux 1 Wire (the wire with the most amperage) to Circuit B1 (this connection happens in the engine bay).
From here Circuit B1 runs all the way to the glove box.
In the glove box you will find Circuit D.
Here, you can connect Circuit B1 to Circuit D.
From here, Circuit D is already running wire up towards the passenger-side visor (aka the roof). You can use the end of this wire to connect your light bar.

Now Aux 1 powers your light bar.

Example 2:

Same thing. Let's say that "high powered" item you want to be able to turn on/off is a mini-fridge in the back of your Bronco.
The first step is the same. You connect the Aux 1 Wire (the wire with the most amperage) to Circuit B1 (this connection happens in the engine bay).
From here Circuit B1 runs all the way to the glove box.
In the glove box you will find Circuit E.
Here, you can connect Circuit B1 to Circuit E.
From here, Circuit E is already running wire back towards the rear. You can use the end of this wire to connect your mini-fridge.

Now Aux 1 powers your mini-fridge (instead of your light bar as in Example 1).

Example 3:

Now what if you don't want to power a light-bar on the roof or anything in the back? Do you have to use pre-made Circuits D & E? No you don't!

In this example let's say you just want to power some accessories inside of your bronco: maybe a CB radio and a dash cam.

The principles of the first two examples still apply here:

Aux 1 connects to Circuit B1 (this happens in the engine bay). Circuit B1 travels to the glovebox. From the glovebox you can directly connect your CB Radio. Aux 1 now powers your CB radio.

Aux 2 connects to Circuit B2 (this happens in the engine bay). Circuit B2 travels to the glovebox. From the glovebox you can directly connect your dash cam. Aux 2 now powers your dash cam.

Example 4:

Now this example is where I initially was woefully confused, but now I have been set straight!

This example is meant to illustrate why there are 6 total Aux Switches and "only" 3 total pre-made circuits that are available to connect to in the engine bay (B1, B2, and C).
In this example you, the Bronco owner, is using every single Aux Switch available.

Aux 1 connects to B2 which connects to E which in turn goes to the rear (example: for a mini-fridge)
Aux 2 connects to B1 which connects to D which in turn goes to the roof (example: for roof mounted light bar)
Aux 3 connects to C which goes directly to the front grill (example: for a winch or fog lights)

This leaves Aux 4, 5, and 6. All three of these Aux Switches still have wires leading from their respective switches inside to the engine bay. Sadly...they don't have partner wires to dance with! This means you have to use your own wire and run it to wherever you want it to go in the Bronco.

Take home points:

1) I was confused at first. I thought there were 5 pre-made Circuits available in the engine bay for the Aux switches to directly connect to. Instead there are only 3 (B1, B2, and C).

2) You have a choice as to which parts of the bronco get the most amperage (You can connect Aux 1 to whatever circuit you want).

3) Doing the math, there are 3 Aux switch wires that are left as "freebies" with no pre-made circuits to attach to. At first I thought that this was inconvenient. Why not have more pre-made circuits to attach them to? But all 3 of these "extra" Aux switches can still be run using your own wire to wherever you want! Cowl/pod lights on the hood? Extra accessories to the dash? The possibilities are endless!

4) My first foray at this was a disaster...so I apologize for the confusion! But the above edits should be accurate! And an additional apology if this is all horribly obvious to most of you...I just started geeking out and made all that haha
Best explanation on the web. Thank you

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Silly question...
What do fuses 32-34 (Auxiliary power points[20A]) connect to?

Sponsored

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added quick disconnects so i can easily move accessories to any switch…

3AC5602C-ADC7-4BED-83FC-EC2C743403C5.jpeg

B8B7435C-CBBC-4D0C-ABC0-64DF030E0139.jpeg
Hey @mtap how did you terminate the grounds from these connectors? Are both ends grounded?