First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not the Bronco, disappointing 10 second 0-60 for the Bronco.
Ford makes another horse for racing. This was built for a different track where it will impress quite a bit more.

tedsnephew

Black Diamond
First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I definitely did not need to see Nathan talking about manscaped

Zombienation

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4Xe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The race should have been even more of a blowout if they launched the 4xe properly in 4high auto with the gas engine on. I have a 4xe and when hitting the gas in this mode it is legit fast. Instant power! When in 2wd in first the engine restricts a lot of power.

Really interested to see how the manual bronco non sas will do.

Sponsored

Kfmathern

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And people said I was full of it when I said the 2.7 was "eh"

Didn't they just get this? Did they even break in the motor yet?

In this video Tommy the son said him and his dad drove the bronco all day to get it past the 1000 mile break in. had nice things to say about it's off road prowess though, videos to come wednesday.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The race should have been even more of a blowout if they launched the 4xe properly in 4high auto with the gas engine on. I have a 4xe and when hitting the gas in this mode it is legit fast. Instant power! When in 2wd in first the engine restricts a lot of power.

Really interested to see how the manual bronco non sas will do.
Are you going to be keeping the 4xE once you get your Bronco?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not about drag racing- it's about keeping up with traffic. I get my doors blown off every single day by all SUV's and commuter cars like Civic, Corolla, Altima, etc. When I am driving my big and heavy 2019 Silverado with only the 5.3 V8. My 97 Wrangler is even worse.

It's not so much about weight either- my GF's 2013 Silverado is pretty darn quick. It will blow the doors off my Silverado. It has 4.8 V8, 4 speed automatic, dual CAT back MBRP exhaust and she also runs E85- flex fuel vehicle. Engine is like 285 HP and 310 TQ but with dual exhaust and E85 it must churn out more. It also turns stock smaller tire size. The truck is pretty heavy at 4800 LBS but quick. I was hoping the Bronco would be as quick as her Silverado but from the video I don't think it's going to be.

I wonder of the 2 door Bronco will fare better as it is a little lighter?

Last edited:

Kfmathern

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not, but I don't have a lead foot either. I'm not worried. It's got 35's for F sake.
I drove a big bend with SAS and 2.3 and I'm in colorado as well as TFL, just down the road from them. It was impressive to me, but then again I was not drag racing it. I was using it like I normally drive. I found it to lag a little on the start and then it gets better as you go. Not meant to be a speedster but I thought it was comparable to my Subaru Outback with the 3.6R V6 engine, and it doesn't have 35" tires on it.

Sponsored

Zombienation

Base
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4Xe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you going to be keeping the 4xE once you get your Bronco?
Ya most likely, my wife loves it too. I just got it so I need to live with it a little longer and see the reliability before I decide. I have 500 miles on it and still have a half tank of gas left from when I picked it up from the dealer which is awesome!

I ordered a four door black diamond manual bronco. I still haven’t even seen one in person yet and I need to drive one hopefully soon. I’m a late order so I should have a year to decide.

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To all of the Ford owners-

Could it be detuned because of their transmission choice (which some believe is inferior)?
Probably not. It's not like the Wrangler's use a superior transmission with massive amounts of overhead capability. An 850RE is only rated for 500nm, which is not much more than the 2.0t has.

People are looking way more into this because they don't understand what it means and everyone is looking at this vehicle with 4.70 diff gearing, relatively low trans gearing (meaning lots of shifts before freeway speeds) and massively heavy 35in tires with a 5300lb curb weight and wondering why a vehicle with a lower curb weight, lower gear diff's, similar HP, and smaller tires is faster.

There is literally nothing going on here. It's common sense. If you have an issue with the side affects of massive tires and low gearing.. don't get a sasquatch.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a moronic comparison…the 4XE has the electric engine. That thing is stupid fast down low because all the instant torque. This is not a surprise at all.