Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure I missed it somewhere but did any of you get the sad attempt at appeasing us as we wait in the mail. The “Leonardo DaVinci” of the concept drawings plus a sticker. Showed up in my mailbox today. Talked to dealer yesterday and 8/16 build date is holding strong 🤞
Sponsored

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure I missed it somewhere but did any of you get the sad attempt at appeasing us as we wait in the mail. The “Leonardo DaVinci” of the concept drawings plus a sticker. Showed up in my mailbox today. Talked to dealer yesterday and 8/16 build date is holding strong 🤞
Not i, I might snap if that crap shows up lol

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ross, From what I understand a second Webasto facility in Michigan has a line to make hard tops now ready to roll ..

Any more info on this?

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I LOVE you Ross, but please don't be one of those people who calls an SUV a truck (despite the official reasoning for fuel efficiency standards 🤪)...
I would have agreed with you up until SUV morphed to mean a high profile, unibody, road oriented vehicle. Bronco should not be in the same category as Ecosport and Mach-E.

Stardust4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like most only crickets from my dealer, I don't believe they have any info to share but they did call me today to let me know they received their first two units. Both BB 4dr soft top, one Sas. Don't know if demo or orders. The very first Bronco I've seen in person. The wife and I left very glad we are waiting on 2dr. The gray was less than exciting.

20210728_164113.jpg

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What a time to be alive, right?

As many owners anxiously await word on their "traced" units produced a month (or more) ago, MAP will soon awaken from a week of production downtime and on Monday will mark "full speed" production milestone for 2021 Broncos. And yes, those traced units are being worked through and shipped out as quickly as they can.

It's true, there are still a LOT of rigs parked both at the factory and in satellite staging lots awaiting inspection, and in many cases, roof unit replacement. While quality issues with delivered MIC hardtops from Webasto have been extremely troubling, a somewhat steady of serviceable roof assemblies is still being trucked from Plymouth down to Wayne. I still have serious concerns with the design of the roof and the ability of Webasto to build them correctly, but at this point that's something for the warranty and customer relations folks to figure out.

When MAP fires up the assembly lines again on Monday, they'll be operating with a production schedule of 550 vehicles per shift. While I haven't seen the most current blend target of Bronco to Ranger, I believe it was set to be somewhere between 60/40 and 70/30 favoring Bronco.

Saturdays were set to begin on September 11th, but now appear to be kicking off at least 2 weeks earlier.

While there have been a few one-off issues with delivered units, no other major concerns have presented themselves. The MIC roof appears to be the solo major concern, forcing the reality of production scheduling even further out of line with ordered units. This will inevitably lead to the production of lower trim, soft top, 4 door units in the coming months, as dealers with promised allocation but no buildable units will need to have a deliverable product.

As for my rig, we're 1,250 miles and 4 weeks (yesterday) into ownership and I couldn't be happier. Yes, the hardtop has issues and I have accepted that mine will almost certainly be replaced in its entirety when a more permanent solution is achieved. However, the ease of use for open-air driving is phenomenal, and the NVH while driving top-on is completely livable. I LOVE my truck and I know that you all will too, once they show up.

I'm sorry for those of you who have tagged or messaged me without a response yet, I've been completely buried in requests and I have stepped back a bit from my "connected" time.

More as I learn it.

Q&A

Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

Two per day with Saturdays coming online earlier than expected.

I was told to expect normal scheduling to begin next week, but that was 2 weeks ago and the situation still seems fluid.
Thanks for the info as always sir

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum I saw you said Saturday production is starting earlier than expected. That being said, I have a build day of 8/21/2021 which is a Saturday.

Do you think they will be starting this early or should i expect to get delayed or moved up?

Thank you for all the info. it is greatly appreciated.

zoldham

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ram 1500, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope they are! Mine was built 7/22 still just shows “in production”. Hoping it’ll ship soon 🤞
Same here, built 7/22 and confirmed by Customer Service phone number but still saying production. Maybe one day we may actual see delivery!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ross, From what I understand a second Webasto facility in Michigan has a line to make hard tops now ready to roll ..

Any more info on this?
Oh great, lets build more crappy design tops that have all sorts of issues so they can scrap a bunch more of them.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8/28 reservation date

and maybe I’m asking too much too soon? I guess I felt like since they converted to an order early on, I was in a good spot. I’ve received maybe 2 emails from Ford and my dealership is basically non communicative unless I text my sales person.
I'd expect to be waiting a while, but it depends largely on what other orders your dealer has.
When they converted your order has little to no impact on your build date. Someone that converted a month after you could get their Bronco before you have a build date, depending on their build and reservation date.

I'm guessing your dealer never told you how many they've been allocated for 21 a and where you fall in the order of their reservations. If there aren't many reservations with your dealer - or if everyone else reserved FEs and WTs with a reservation timestamp around the same time as you or later - then you could see an MY21.

Realistically, you've got a few commodity-limited options in your build, and that's actually a late reservation date. (I know that sounds crazy, but unless you reserved in the first 72 hours, you're basically a late reservation. I'm in the same boat, and I reserved a full month before you.) Unless you just happen to be really lucky and everyone else at your dealer reserved after you or opted to wait for MY22, I'd expect spring or summer of next year.

Personally, I reserved on 7/27 and am hoping to get mine around that same date next year - 2 years after the reservation.

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any more info on this?
Nope, not the case.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@PREMiERdrum I saw you said Saturday production is starting earlier than expected. That being said, I have a build day of 8/21/2021 which is a Saturday.

Do you think they will be starting this early or should i expect to get delayed or moved up?

Thank you for all the info. it is greatly appreciated.
When MAP fires up the assembly lines again on Monday, they'll be operating with a production schedule of 550 vehicles per shift. While I haven't seen the most current blend target of Bronco to Ranger, I believe it was set to be somewhere between 60/40 and 70/30 favoring Bronco.

Saturdays were set to begin on September 11th, but now appear to be kicking off at least 2 weeks earlier.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you Ross. Much appreciated sir.

For those discussing Ford “delivering” on their commitment of 60k-80k units for MY21 based on the math, may I respectfully say…. who cares. I know I know…shareholders won’t know the difference. Ya I get it. I’m a shareholder.

There’s no denying if the majority of those units are stealership Broncos with 4 doors and softies, it’s an epic failure. Day 1 reservations watching 30k Broncos sold at ADM while they wait, will go down as one of the biggest screw jobs of loyal brand enthusiasts ever! I’d like to say it won’t happen, but the way things have gone, I can’t.

Where’s my beer?
Sponsored