Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The train may be officially coming off the tracks. Looks like there will be more downtime the week of 8/16 and/or 8/23. In the spirit of tempering expectations, I'd anticipate some of the August production scheule getting blown up.

Plant brass meeting this morning.
Welp.... Will be a lot of this meme being spread about!

20210731_112932.gif
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And that doesn't explain why they couldn't schedule all soft-tops.....something else is amiss.
just extrapolating data from other posts recently. I'm guessing the acceptance rate on hardtops is way way lower than Ford was hoping for. Like, they're rejecting more than 50% of what gets sent over for installation. Compound that with the fact that I think a lot less people switched to a soft top than they were hoping for, and now you have a perfect storm of no customer orders capable of being built. I'd also expect a rash of dealers having lots in stock shortly, since they're still building trucks, just not OUR trucks.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just extrapolating data from other posts recently. I'm guessing the acceptance rate on hardtops is way way lower than Ford was hoping for. Like, they're rejecting more than 50% of what gets sent over for installation. Compound that with the fact that I think a lot less people switched to a soft top than they were hoping for, and now you have a perfect storm of no customer orders capable of being built. I'd also expect a rash of dealers having lots in stock shortly, since they're still building trucks, just not OUR trucks.
Iā€™ve got a soft top they can build.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo 41 days is only a start to the wait to get my truck that is already built!!!!!!
Give me a break....be one of us first night reservation holders who've not heard a word yet from Ford. You are a lottery winner, don't forget that.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd also expect a rash of dealers having lots in stock shortly
Think "Snowbelt"....you think dealers are anxious to have a lot full of soft tops with a foot of snow on them.

Come to think of it....the hard top might not fare much better

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The train may be officially coming off the tracks. Looks like there will be more downtime the week of 8/16 and/or 8/23. In the spirit of tempering expectations, I'd anticipate some of the August production scheule getting blown up.

Plant brass meeting this morning.
Doesnā€™t look good for the stranded Broncos!

The 6/30 Blenders need to be paroled!

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™ve got a soft top they can build.
Same, I switched my order too, but I bet they don't bother firing up the ol' scheduling machine unless they can fill it with 4-5k worth of orders. not much point to building a bunch of trucks and then one-off'ing a handful of customer orders in there.

Still doesn't really make this level of fuckery acceptable, but suppose I could understand where they might be coming from

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Give me a break....be one of us first night reservation holders who've not heard a word yet from Ford. You are a lottery winner, don't forget that.
First night holder myself, and first produced out of the ones at my dealer, and they've had a quite a few delivered and sold built long after mine. Don't know what kind of lottery ticket that is, cause sure don't feel lucky.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@PREMiERdrum Any update you can offer regarding Traced Units vs what is moving down the line? It reads like full production will not occur in August due to insufficient quantity of MIC tops that can pass QC? Is there any estimate for how long it will take MAP to clear all of the Traced Units?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
same here!

But this is getting painful
Tell me about it! Ordered a Badlands for the wife and decided I might want to buy myself a Jeep or 4X4 too. Looked at Jeepā€™s, drove the Bronco Sasquatch and loved it! Iā€™ve been waiting on hers since last August. The 2nd order was an extra October order so I decided Iā€™d do it. Ford crushed all that enthusiasm I had so quickly after the test drive.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

also, in the spirit of "This fucking sucks", can we collectively agree right now to not go on rants about what Ford owes us (which is trucks, of course), and just agree to shitpost and daydrink at their expense instead?

I mean, honestly, it's that or the mods end up putting a chastity belt on this thread too.

Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.