Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good morning Softies,

Chances are, if you’re tracking this thread, you are like me and hoping for a schedule email. Take a moment and double check your Preview Order sheet sent to you by your dealer for two-line items. You should see “Job #2 Order” as well as “Soft Top, Cloth W/Prep Kit”.

We are in a fast-moving ball game, and we will benefit from sharing key information. For those of us who have dealers willing to work with us, ask that they contact you if they see you previewing on Tuesday. If you do preview, please post that information on this thread.

If you progress from preview to being scheduled on Thursday, post that information as well.

For those softies who might consider yourself late to the game due to a late reservation, do not lose faith! You may be pleasantly surprised.
Funny. I just emailed my dealer this morning to make 1 last addition to my order that should not affect production (the keypad). And I asked him to see if I was previewing
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I'm not 100% sure if my particular sales guy is fluent in WBDO, but normally my order shows NSP under the SVS status. I'm not sure what SVS is, but today it doesn't have the NSP under it. It's just blank. Does that mean I'm previewing?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So how soon until they run out of soft-tops??? You know that's coming, and if you didn't, well surprise!!! Soft-tops are the next ordering constraint!!!

As Oprah would say:

"You don't get a Bronco, You don't get a Bronco, You don't get a Bronco, and You don't get a Bronco!"

This is such a CF. Strong Work @Ford Motor Company, let me guess, the dog ate your homework while you were on vacation making dust and not collecting dust like the rest of us.
When they announced it that was the first thing I thought. During the info session nation put on they said their plan was 80% hard 20% soft top. There’s no way they can sustain 100% soft top production.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I switched to a 4-dr soft top OBX last week. Oct 15 reservation so I'm not holding my breath. I'm hearing that AMB will be discontinued so I figured I'd switch to see if I can get that color, but it seems like there are too many early reservations ahead of me. Good luck this week!

Sponsored

JoeyD577

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you take all FE's, Wildtraks, other 4 door MICs and all 2 doors out of the scheduling queue until sometime in October, I'd have to believe the only real commodity constraint left at that point is the number of soft top roofs their supplier can provide, since they only planned on about a 20% mix of soft tops. But I'd also imagine they have been communicating to their supplier since June that they needed more soft tops than expected, so that production should be ramping. Now, they need to ensure they have adequate supplies of all parts to finish the FE builds this year, so that could cause them to put certain items in reserve, but my point being, if you have a soft top order in the first several days of reservations, I don't think I'd worry too much about the other constraints at this point. I could be completely wrong on that assumption, but when you pull all those other builds off the table and look at how many Broncos they can put through the line, my gut says the 2.7 or the tow package are suddenly non-issues - in the near term. Thoughts?

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

anyone with visibility seeing any patterns on what's being previewed this week? Last week, someone mentioned that all the previews he saw was with advanced 4x4 (it could be just with his limited sample size). Wondering if a similar pattern is showing this week. Debating if I want to change trims to improve my chances.

Thank you.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anyone with visibility seeing any patterns on what's being previewed this week? Last week, someone mentioned that all the previews he saw was with advanced 4x4 (it could be just with his limited sample size). Wondering if a similar pattern is showing this week. Debating if I want to change trims to improve my chances.

Thank you.
Just have a soft top and a timestamp ahead of the other soft tops at your dealer…and you’re good. Changing trim won’t help under the one big constraint that’s in place.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just have a soft top and a timestamp ahead of the other soft tops at your dealer…and you’re good. Changing trim won’t help under the one big constraint that’s in place.
I do understand that. My order is already a soft top. But if there is anything else I can do(within reason) to improve my chances, I will consider it. Hence my question.

Last edited:

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can somebody explain what "previewing" means?

Sponsored

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you take all FE's, Wildtraks, other 4 door MICs and all 2 doors out of the scheduling queue until sometime in October, I'd have to believe the only real commodity constraint left at that point is the number of soft top roofs their supplier can provide, since they only planned on about a 20% mix of soft tops. But I'd also imagine they have been communicating to their supplier since June that they needed more soft tops than expected, so that production should be ramping. Now, they need to ensure they have adequate supplies of all parts to finish the FE builds this year, so that could cause them to put certain items in reserve, but my point being, if you have a soft top order in the first several days of reservations, I don't think I'd worry too much about the other constraints at this point. I could be completely wrong on that assumption, but when you pull all those other builds off the table and look at how many Broncos they can put through the line, my gut says the 2.7 or the tow package are suddenly non-issues - in the near term. Thoughts?
I think your logic is pretty good. My thought is that Ford wants/needs as many Broncos on the street as they can get and given the circumstances, soft tops are it for a while. Now we probably need to add a block of instruction to the Off Rodeo for soft top driving because everyone keeps crashing their soft tops into the garage!!! The Pickens Party of Five YouTube video was, well, just watch it. LOOK OUT!

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can somebody explain what "previewing" means?
Prior to the actual scheduling, Ford pulls the anticipated units that they plan on scheduling in a previewed state to give the dealers an idea what will be scheduled. This has not been super reliable for the Bronco scheduling. For example, a large chunk (if not most) that were previewed last week were not scheduled. My build was previewed in May and has not yet been scheduled.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Prior to the actual scheduling, Ford pulls the anticipated units that they plan on scheduling in a previewed state to give the dealers an idea what will be scheduled. This has not been super reliable for the Bronco scheduling. For example, a large chunk (if not most) that were previewed last week were not scheduled. My build was previewed in May and has not yet been scheduled.
Wow... Finally found another that had the excitement of a May preview.... ONLY TO HAVE IT RIPPED AWAY! 🤬🤬

Yeah, those were a couple of exciting days for me as well :(

Bd2008

Big Bend
First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7 dodge Ram Merc cls500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I swapped my BB AMB squatch with tow to a softtop on the first notification of problems with the MIC. An email from the dealer today says I am in line for a 9/8 build. Or it has been sitting out by the dirt pile! Either way the crickets went quiet!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do understand that. My order is already a soft top. But if there is anything else I can do(within reason) to improve my chances, I will consider it. Hence my question.
Become a social media influencer.
Sponsored