AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The train may be officially coming off the tracks. Looks like there will be more downtime the week of 8/16 and/or 8/23. In the spirit of tempering expectations, I'd anticipate some of the August production scheule getting blown up.

Plant brass meeting this morning.

LMAO
Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So wait, they are building this week? I thought I read production was cancelled this week? Or have they stopped scheduling orders as of this week?
My understanding was that they were still building, just not scheduling anything that didn't already have a VIN.

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wonder what the actual final 2021 year production numbers will end up being, and how many of those will be customer orders (compared to dealer demo units and dealer lot units like base and BB soft tops).

Will they even fulfill 30k custom retail orders for '21?
A 2021 Bronco might indeed be a rarity, 20 years from now on Mecum "and here we have a rare 2021 Bronco..."

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm.... did a quick search at 3 local dealers and one on the outskirts.... none have more then 10 wranglers in stock....
1 dealer literally has just 1 in stock....
You are correct. That’s why most people are just ordering them and getting them built within 8to 12 weeks ,pretty simple isn’t it.

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So is there a way to find out where the MAP is in production in terms of blend date/rotation#?
Call Ford customer service. They have the answer.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno. I'm a fairly patient person, and i'm not annoyed at the current Bronco situation.

It is what it is. Not much can be done to change it on a whim.

I've already got 3 cars (some of which actually run!) and learned a long time ago not to count my chickens until they have hatched. The only thing all these delays has changed is that i'll purchase the daily driver out of lease and will drive it until Bronco shows up.

Ford hasn't harmed me. They haven't broken any personal promises to me. They haven't lied to me. They haven't stolen from me. They haven't come after my family. They owe me nothing. I owe them nothing. It's just a business deal.

Ford asked for a refundable $100 deposit to get an order, that has fewer strings attached than a college kid asking their parents for money.

Dispassionately speaking, Ford requested customers to put exactly zero skin in the game, but now people are a little butt-hurt over this. Likely due to their individual financial decisions and poor planning. You know who else has some poor planning right now? Ford. Oooooooo, it stings!

36v7rb[1].gif
I'm not really going to say what I want to say here.... But maybe some empathy would go a long way. People are upset because they set expectations based on the information Ford has provided, why don't they have the right to be upset when Ford keep pushing things back?

Just saying, it's ok to want something passionately enough to be upset when you don't get it when you reasonably expected (and I don't think it would have been super unreasonable for anyone putting in a reservation in the first few days last summer to think they would have a Bronco by now...).

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Webasto is shutting down MAP routinely. And Ford is likely fining them in every instance and will likely look at future legal proceedings.
I realize Webasto is a top 100 supplier and deals with most of the manufacturers, but I have to think Ford is going to own a pretty sizable piece of their backside before this is all over.

tomwilli2025

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold mine in May soo much optimism.
I sold my 2015 F150 King Ranch last Monday. My BL with MIC top was in production 7/15 and have no update. Thinking I made a poor decision.

Last edited:

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i took 10 days away from this forum and thought I might come back to a little good news.

Ford, if you’re reading this, you owe us a very candid explanation. I’ve never owned a Ford and if I ever get this Bronco, it’ll be the only Ford I own

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ever the optimist - at least the Bronco will ba a rare breed when it finally does come out, and think of the re sale value forty Years in the future when it is a collector’s year for back in 2021!
I’ll be dead then.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well my sales rep and GM were both off work today, so I'll try calling them tomorrow morning to check.

There's a build whiteboard posted on Reddit:

1628020175624.png

Maybe the sky isn't falling after all... glad to see the line is running - thanks to everyone at MAP who is doing their level best!

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The last one was the Focus RS launch, I never got my order, it might as well sunk with the titanic from Germany. The Bronco is a second try at this special order stuff from Ford, its panning out about the same path except less water.
Also I have to say I think you may be onto something. I ordered Ford lightning the night of the launch and I’m trying to make a bet with the dealer which one well show up first. I think it is quite possible that the Ford dealers will have a lot of Broncos to sell right on their lots in 8 to 12 months. And this whole notion of a penalty for not fulfilling the original order well all disappeared.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just extrapolating data from other posts recently. I'm guessing the acceptance rate on hardtops is way way lower than Ford was hoping for. Like, they're rejecting more than 50% of what gets sent over for installation. Compound that with the fact that I think a lot less people switched to a soft top than they were hoping for, and now you have a perfect storm of no customer orders capable of being built. I'd also expect a rash of dealers having lots in stock shortly, since they're still building trucks, just not OUR trucks.
I switched! build mine! 😂

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm not really going to say what I want to say here.... But maybe some empathy would go a long way. People are upset because they set expectations based on the information Ford has provided, why don't they have the right to be upset when Ford keep pushing things back?

Just saying, it's ok to want something passionately enough to be upset when you don't get it when you expected (reasonably, and I don't think it would have been super unreasonable for anyone putting in a reservation in the first few days last summer to think they would have a Bronco by now...).
I guess not being upset is upsetting to some people?

Despite your assumption, I have a lot of empathy for folks upset not to have their car, we Americans have become entirely dependent on our purchasing power and instant gratification.

But it's just a car (and I say that as a HUGE car person who tends to spend hundreds of hours working on every car i've owned).

And I find a massive lack of empathy towards Ford. Covid has absolutely destroyed the just-in-time globally-sourced mass-manufacturing business model. As if somehow the customer needs a huge dose of empathy, but the manufacturer has engineered this entire situation simply to piss off John and Jane Doe from Shiboigan Ill because their Bronco is delayed 6-8 months? Seems to be a self fulfilling one-sided argument for the most part on here.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.