First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
The train may be officially coming off the tracks. Looks like there will be more downtime the week of 8/16 and/or 8/23. In the spirit of tempering expectations, I'd anticipate some of the August production scheule getting blown up.

Plant brass meeting this morning.
There is no excuse for it taking this long. No doubt Fomoco has screwed the pooch on this project. I bet the Chinese or Korean automakers could have done a better job.
I have no doubt the Chinese could roll out hardtops in no time. The Germans couldn't handle it.
The first year, there should have been minimum options....maybe Sasquatch or not and 4dr or 2 door. Keep it simple..then add some more as time goes by.
Frankly, all the GOAT stuff and cupholder bullshit is not what makes off roading fun.
A cooler of beer, a fishing pole is all I need.
Paul in Az

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is a screenshot of the new confirmation step and button that doesn't work.

Capture.PNG
It looks like a bug on the system. Let's wait until they contact you or go back to dealer.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
lol, what? I'm cancelling because they've stopped production, have 5000 vehicles rotting in a lot, and don't have a plan to fix the top issue.

I only own Fords and my 73 knows I'm a true bronco lover. šŸ˜
Canceling the order will make you get the Bronco?

As far as I know, they already got a second supplier for MOD top meaning that they are working on it and I have no reasons to think they're not working to fix MIC top.

Again, how cancelling the order will make you have a Bronco earlier?

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
They had a decision to make regarding Priority Ordersā€¦.this one is a bit more complicated, and I believe calculated. They chose dealerships over reservation holders once again and allowed dealerships to bypass the first come, first serve, reservation/timestamp plan and allow several thousand late reservation holders, that had curried favor with the dealership (for one reason/relative or another) to jump the line and in the process consume thousands of constrained items, pushing many day 1-3 reservation holders to MY22 builds. Decisions were made, and they hose dealerships over reservation holders and lied to Mr. Astley yet again.

Then there were VIP orders and allocations, both of which were not part of the publicized plan and further eroded the reservation/timestamp process (but pleased dealerships)ā€¦..pushing reservation holders back furtherā€¦ā€¦and lied to Mr. Astley a couple more times. Sure, Mr. Astley believes you Ford, but my tommy gun donā€™t. Now get down on your knees and tell me you love me.

I got your back!
I wonder where y'all get the information that reservation was the only thing to take in consideration to roll-out the production?

From the beginning they said time stamp was part of the formula, which it's really complicated because it takes in consideration the market share of each dealer, geographic strategy, quality service etc. Otherwise, only the huge dealers, which the majority of the reservation holders went, will have all the Bronco for themselves.

Going through allocation, reservation, quality service, geographic location, among others, is the smarter and logical way to do it.

Quality service is part of the allocation for each dealer as well, they reward quality service with more allocation.

They have this process for a long time and it's part of the agreement between Ford and dealer to comply with this allocation distribution when they got the dealership.

Therefore, reserved unit will be fulfilled first come first out WITHIN the dealer allocation. Not the other way around.

Again, this is not new, it has been always this way and I truly don't understand the surprise in this.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder where y'all get the information that reservation was the only thing to take in consideration to roll-out the production?

From the beginning they said time stamp was part of the formula, which it's really complicated because it takes in consideration the market share of each dealer, geographic strategy, quality service etc. Otherwise, only the huge dealers, which the majority of the reservation holders went, will have all the Bronco for themselves.

Going through allocation, reservation, quality service, geographic location, among others, is the smarter and logical way to do it.

Quality service is part of the allocation for each dealer as well, they reward quality service with more allocation.

They have this process for a long time and it's part of the agreement between Ford and dealer to comply with this allocation distribution when they got the dealership.

Therefore, reserved unit will be fulfilled first come first out WITHIN the dealer allocation. Not the other way around.

Again, this is not new, it has been always this way and I truly don't understand the surprise in this.
My point was, none of those other factors (priority orders, VIP orders, Allocations, dealer stock, service) were initially part of the formula/plan and yet they affected the reservation timestamps dramatically. And now no one even knows if timestamp is part of the processā€¦..or at least if itā€™s a prominent part of the process like initially advertised.

There was no mention of allocation, or any of those other factors at rollout. They made them up along the way and changed the rules to benefit dealerships at the expense of thousands of reservation holders.

I reserved in the first 10 minutes, and Iā€™m #1 of 56 dealer allocationsā€¦.if Ford was using their own playbook do you find it a little odd that I have not received an email going into the fourth month of notifications?

But my rant was mostly tongue-in-cheekā€¦..bored and having a bit of fun.

Last edited:

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, my order was finalized on 5/4/2021 through Military Auto Source (MAS). It's a totally different process and I was lucky enough to get one of their Bronco allocations. My VIN was assigned on 5/24/2021. My first build week was 7/26/2021 - but was bumped to 8/2/2021 - and my blend date of 8/5/2021 popped in the past 3 days. The only other information that I had was that my Freight Billing Number popped on 7/21/2021. I don't get the "pizza tracker" and most of the trackers don't reflect much of what is going on with Worldwide Direct Market Orders (WDMO). So consider most of the stuff related to my build as not consistent with what people who have ordered through WBDO (Web-Based Dealership Ordering) system orders.
My dates are exactly the same as yours (we kind of talked about that) except MAS which mine is not. Mine was WBDO.

Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soooo faaar i'm still 8/16.... šŸ‘€
original was 7/27.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
My point was, none of those other factors (priority orders, VIP orders, Allocations, dealer stock, service) were initially part of the formula/plan and yet they affected the reservation timestamps dramatically. And now no one even knows if timestamp is part of the processā€¦..or at least if itā€™s a prominent part of the process like initially advertised.

There was no mention of allocation, or any of those other factors at rollout. They made them up along the way and changed the rules to benefit dealerships at the expense of thousands of reservation holders.

I reserved in the first 10 minutes, and Iā€™m #1 of 56 dealer allocationsā€¦.if Ford was using their own playbook do you find it a little odd that I have not received an email going into the fourth month of notifications?

But my rant was mostly tongue and cheekā€¦..bored and having a bit of fun.
Did your dealer already receive any Bronco yet?

The only thing that changed to me was Dealer production stock and VIP orders. I fully understand both, however, they haven't been able to produce any of those yet. I haven't seen any of the influencer receiving a Bronco yet or any dealer with stock unit. Only for FCTP program (demo units).

I understand, I'm bored and having fun with some of the member as well.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did your dealer already receive any Bronco yet?

The only thing that changed to me was Dealer production stock and VIP orders. I fully understand both, however, they haven't been able to produce any of those yet. I haven't seen any of the influencer receiving a Bronco yet or any dealer with stock unit. Only for FCTP program (demo units).

I understand, I'm bored and having fun with some of the member as well.
Yes, my dealer had received 7 customer builds before this last mass round of mass emailsā€¦ā€¦.how many have been delivered? I couldnā€™t say.

We can agree to disagree, but I donā€™t think you will find any publicized mention of either allocations or priority orders or VIP orders at rollout, when reservation holders were notified of the reservation processā€¦ā€¦.reservation number, commodity constraints and maybe one other factor in the formula, but not the others I mentioned. In fact, to my knowledge, Ford never publicly commented on those aspects (VIP and Priority Orders) of the process until maybe just before implementation, and I believe it was selectively leaked in advance to lessen the the impact as opposed to a public acknowledgment.

Im not sure if VIPs have received their Broncos yet, or if dealerships have received any of their dealer stock. But, you can bet theyā€™ve been scheduled ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦and lots have received their priority orders as they were the first vehicles scheduled after being allowed to jump the line ahead of people waiting for over a year.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.