Sponsored

Mannequin demo purchase reservation legit?

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a late reservation holder and know that I most likely will not see my vehicle in 2-3 yrs, which has me searching what’s available now. I found a demo that a dealer is willing to allow a deposit and written purchase agreement for Jan, but another dealer has stated that is not allowed by Ford at this time. These vehicles are essentially Ford’s correct?

They assure me that I would get a purchase agreement, but when I offered half only before I see the agreement, I heard nothing back. They are supposedly getting verbal offers but no money has been shown and that’s what they are telling me they want based on just verbal offers with nothing in three weeks. So is this bs or should I just snatch it up? It’s only 5k over msrp and it’s very close to my chosen build.

My current order was 99 by my dealer for no real reason and they aren’t responding to me any more.
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not correct they can take deposits on them. the only stipulation from ford is they can’t sell them for 6 months.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not correct they can take deposits on them. the only stipulation from ford is they can’t sell them for 6 months.
Ok thanks. Should I go for it? I can’t believe no one has placed a deposit down for this vehicle yet. Just verbal offers. I told them I’m legit, ready to send the money if I can see a purchase agreement, but I’ve not heard back.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok thanks. Should I go for it? I can’t believe no one has placed a deposit down for this vehicle yet. Just verbal offers. I told them I’m legit, ready to send the money if I can see a purchase agreement, but I’ve not heard back.
Other members have done this. Get it in writing, it’s legit though. They are retail Broncos.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In the FCTP rules they are allowed to take a deposit. What’s funny is the person purchasing the bronco has to have a reservation at said dealership it can’t be someone hunting around for a bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As others said, the only in service requirement is 6 months. They can use it as demo, service loaner, or lock it up as on the showroom. They just can't sell them for 6 months. Some dealers have taken deposits. Others won't until the in-service requirement is met.

Lesymarie

Base
First Name
Lesy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D BRONCO 2.7L RAPID RED
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m a late reservation holder and know that I most likely will not see my vehicle in 2-3 yrs, which has me searching what’s available now. I found a demo that a dealer is willing to allow a deposit and written purchase agreement for Jan, but another dealer has stated that is not allowed by Ford at this time. These vehicles are essentially Ford’s correct?

They assure me that I would get a purchase agreement, but when I offered half only before I see the agreement, I heard nothing back. They are supposedly getting verbal offers but no money has been shown and that’s what they are telling me they want based on just verbal offers with nothing in three weeks. So is this bs or should I just snatch it up? It’s only 5k over msrp and it’s very close to my chosen build.

My current order was 99 by my dealer for no real reason and they aren’t responding to me any more.

I reserved a demo model. Put money down and signed a purchase agreement 🥰

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved one with some money down. As far as I know, there is only a requirement to keep the vehicle for 6 months at this time. There is no mileage requirement.

However, someone posted recently that they were told Ford is now stipulating dealers can only sell FCTP (demo/mannequin) vehicles to people with orders placed by 3/19/21 or whatever the cut off date was.

I am checking with my dealer to see if that is true or not.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved a demo model. Put money down and signed a purchase agreement 🥰
How much over msrp did you agree to May I ask? They are doing 5k and have just randos making offers, but they received nothing by any of them In three weeks.

I found it online and would have to fly then drive it back home. I guess all those making offers are not serious. I live in another city and I’m not sure how to move forward. I already told them I’m ready and no response. Maybe they think they will get more offers now and will try to bid me up. Who knows.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved one with some money down. As far as I know, there is only a requirement to keep the vehicle for 6 months at this time. There is no mileage requirement.

However, someone posted recently that they were told Ford is now stipulating dealers can only sell FCTP (demo/mannequin) vehicles to people with orders placed by 3/19/21 or whatever the cut off date was.

I am checking with my dealer to see if that is true or not.
Keep us posted. I don’t have a pre March reservation and it’s in a completely different city. What would happen if they sold it to the wrong person?

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer said it was 6 mo or a set amount of miles. I can't remember the number of miles, but it was in the 4-6K range. They said they already had a buyer for theirs. They are letting people take it out for 2 hour test drives in what I guess is an attempt to rack up the miles so they complete the sale. I took it for a 2 hour drive and helped them out with another 60 miles. ;)

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have a pre-March order either. I didn't even reserve until 7-7-21 I think, because I was waiting to drive one. So I'm waiting until MY22 ordering opens up.

I will update when I get updated.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local dealer said it was 6 mo or a set amount of miles. I can't remember the number of miles, but it was in the 4-6K range. They said they already had a buyer for theirs. They are letting people take it out for 2 hour test drives in what I guess is an attempt to rack up the miles so they complete the sale. I took it for a 2 hour drive and helped them out with another 60 miles. ;)
That’s interesting. The dealership stated they would not let anyone in, once they get a deposit, let alone test drive. They have the top off and said they would lock it up.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it’s 4K miles if they use it as a loner vehicle.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes that is what the local Ford dealership is doing near my home. They are offering rather lengthy test drive so they can rack up the miles quickly and unload the demo before the 6 months.
Sponsored