John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BRONCO RIPTIDE PROJECT VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS FACTORY ACCESSORIES FOR THE SUN-SOAKED COASTAL LIFE

Bronco_Riptide Concept_07.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 17, 2021 – Bronco® brand, the Ford outdoor brand of Built Wild™ and only-4x4 vehicles, today reveals the 2021 Bronco Riptide custom build vehicle, designed with West Coast fun and factory-backed accessory personalization in mind.

Following last year’s Bronco OG and Bronco + Filson Wildland Fire Rig concepts, the new Bronco Riptide project vehicle is designed for spontaneous outdoor adventures. With the roof off, doors removed and replaced with tubular doors, and surfboard rack and boards above, there is plenty of open air for the fun and sun to shine in.

The Velocity Blue exterior is meant to evoke tropical ocean hues. With durable marine-grade vinyl-trimmed seats in Black Onyx and Dark Space Gray and rubberized washout flooring, the Bronco Riptide custom vehicle never shies away from a carefree day at the ocean shore.

“For this Bronco Riptide project, we imagined a customer who enjoys the open air and a free-spirited West Coast lifestyle,” said Missy Coolsaet, Bronco color and materials designer. “We wanted the vehicle to demonstrate how Bronco customers can personalize their vehicle, letting different types of customers visualize what they might want to do with their future Bronco.”

Based on the 2021 Bronco four-door with Sasquatch™ Package for even more Built Wild capability, the Bronco Riptide vehicle features 35-inch mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch factory wheels with optional Ford Performance beadlock rings, Dana™ AdvanTEK® electronic-locking front and rear axles, a high-clearance suspension system with Bilstein®position-sensitive long-travel shock absorbers, plus exclusive Bronco Terrain Management System™ with seven G.O.A.T. Modes™ designed to help ensure Bronco goes over any type of terrain.

The vehicle showcases many Ford accessories available to retail customers at their dealer at time of purchase. Bronco customers can add the cost of factory- and dealer-installed accessories to their financing and roll it into their monthly payment. Accessories used on Bronco Riptide include a Bestop® mesh Bimini top, a Yakima® bike rack with Santa Cruz™mountain bikes, and a RIGID® LED lightbar and mirror-mounted off-road lights. In addition, a unique prototype front steel bumper gives the Bronco Riptide project vehicle added Built Wild durability and capability.

Like the two Almond™ surfboards inspired by surfers and craftsmen of all varieties, the Bronco design team came up with two prototype crossbars that are bolted to the sport bars to show how overhead racks can be easily mounted without interfering with the soft tops.

Powered by a 2.7-liter EcoBoostÂŽ engine with 10-speed SelectShiftÂŽ automatic transmission featuring Trail Control, Trail One-Pedal Drive* and Trail Turn Assist, the Bronco Riptide vehicle blends torque and performance that fits with its nature-inspired design.

“Thanks to the Bronco modular design, we were able to outfit the vehicle with adventure gear that allows for freedom and versatility,” said Coolsaet. “Whether heading off to the mountains or along the California coast, the Bronco Riptide custom vehicle is ready for adventure.”

Bronco_Riptide Concept_08.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_06.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_04.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_03.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_02.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_01.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_05.jpg

Bronco_Riptide Concept_07.jpg
I like that front bumper, that was in photos in 2020, and I hope it becomes available for aftermarket install on my OBX. I also like the fact that Missy & Co. are looking at other ways of imagining roof racks, that wont interfere with the soft top. And i like the positive post.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Folks: we're all very frustrated by the roof issues / delay problems, but let's not make every post about that. Plenty of other threads discussing those issues.
PS - if you don't want posts about roof issues, I suggest that you let @Ford Motor Company, know that they are ruining the Feng Shui of your message board.

Keep the replies on topic please.
Ya, but here they found a hardtop that isn't going to de-laminate and doubles as a pair of surf boards...

I like it and It looks good, too bad they won't deliver these accessories to my cell on Dirt Mountain. I really do like the tube doors and want a set. Also surprised they went with a BD instead of an OBX for a beach build.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks great. Makes me wish I went with this color instead of cactus gray.
Gotta agree, although I went with Carbonized Gray, Velocity Blue looks amazing.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Are they signaling VB is a keeper? 🤔

Last edited:

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This looks to have the black interior which I like.

I'd like to have a front bar mounted on where the light bar is and then some method on the back (maybe on the spare tire) to carry kayaks or a canoe with the softtop (whether on or off).

Like the front bumper. Glad I am getting a 2023 as I haven't submitted a reservation yet - looking to get the bugs worked out and have some more trim/options available.

BE5OME1

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice photos with backdrop. That has never been a problem for Ford. But it leaves me to question if there are actually enthusiasts that they consult on these concepts. We saw in the fishing rig concept the fantasy of mounting a Yeti cooler on the rooftop rack. And here we see two surfboards mounted on the roof the wrong way. Fins Always Forward. Such a simple concept that Missy once again missed.
Never knew that about surfboards see them all the time fins back.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never knew that about surfboards see them all the time fins back.
It's because they don't know any better and haven't had the worst outcome. Surfboards are designed with flex in the nose. They will flex when the nose is facing forward caused by aerodynamics. When they do straps can become loose. When that happens, there is nothing stopping it from sliding and becoming a speed bump for others. Fins Always Forward - prevents the flexing in the nose and if the straps loosen, the fins will prevent the board from sliding back.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's because they don't know any better and haven't had the worst outcome. Surfboards are designed with flex in the nose. They will flex when the nose is facing forward caused by aerodynamics. When they do straps can become loose. When that happens, there is nothing stopping it from sliding and becoming a speed bump for others. Fins Always Forward - prevents the flexing in the nose and if the straps loosen, the fins will prevent the board from sliding back.
Learn something new everyday. (y)

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder if this is the VB build they hinted at much earlier this year.

It's ok for a more-door, but they're showing a front bumper that may never see the light of day, outside of these concepts, and they let Missy touch it. (I have zero faith in her interior design/ taste after that infamous video)

I do like the gloss black Base/Black Diamond grill, though.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just can’t get excited by these concepts. They can’t even deliver their current variants
Sponsored