Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just talked to the manager -60 cars ahead of me for repairs. Trying to get me a rental car. I am calling Ford Customer service. They have not even looked at it yet.
That's every dealer right now. People are spending money on their cars again since they need them to go to work now. Fifteen months ago shops everywhere were empty and techs couldn't get their forty hours. Now they're playing catch-up in a world where there's no parts. It's a frustrating time for everyone, currently.
Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's every dealer right now. People are spending money on their cars again since they need them to go to work now. Fifteen months ago shops everywhere were empty and techs couldn't get their forty hours. Now they're playing catch-up in a world where there's no parts. It's a frustrating time for everyone, currently.
Plus, every shop I've talked to has fewer on staff. COVID stimulus plus surplus of other opportunities means a harder time getting/keeping employees.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Plus, every shop I've talked to has fewer on staff. COVID stimulus plus surplus of other opportunities means a harder time getting/keeping employees.
It's really, really hard just to get a warm body. Getting someone qualified? Actually a little easier since they want to work. The hard part is that the qualified guys are few and far between these days.

I'm actually going back to school to become a mechanical engineer. This workforce is screwed.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My brand new 2021 black diamond over heated today. I have to have it towed to a dealership. It started smoking / fuming. Has this happened to anyone??? It had less than 2k miles

DD64B3CB-065B-4E9C-A9D3-88AF5F427601.jpeg
Good afternoon, Kami. Would you please send us a private message with your VIN and mileage so we can look into this issue for you? I'd love to help you sort this out so you can get back to driving your Bronco carefree!

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good afternoon, Kami. Would you please send us a private message with your VIN and mileage so we can look into this issue for you? I'd love to help you sort this out so you can get back to driving your Bronco carefree!
^ This is very encouraging to see. Thank you again @Ford Motor Company for being way more engaged in our community.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Don't know the teething issues with the 2.7, but with our Ranger (first run of production, pre-order, 2019 model year) it had one instance of overheating in the first month.

Just had to burp the system and never had another problem. It's not like a human is hand-laying a bead of liquid gasket to seal the gaskets these days. Used to be that you would get a bit of liquid gasket stuck in the T-stat or blocking a water passage.

Would be interested to know if coolant was ejecting from the overflow tube or something worse. It can be difficult to tell what goes where when it's allllllllll hot and bothered like an adventurous couple poking and prodding around in a Turkish Bath house.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed mine was a little low on coolant yesterday was not significant amount but below min fill line, chalked it up to being an air bubble in the system that finally worked its way out and topped it off.

Not leaving any drips I have noticed anywhere but will take a closer look for sure now to make sure everything is tightened up and on secure.

OP
OP
Kamseyk

Kamseyk

Black Diamond
First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you- I sent a private message with info

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While you are at it @Ford Motor Company, will you ship me my Bronco??? I already paid for it. USAA wants to know why the title hasn't been recorded with them as a lienholder.

1FMDE5CP2MLA76229

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So i have to wonder that even though these trucks shuold be pretty much perfect that there are going to be some issues. The problem as i see it is the complete lack of mechanical ability with a lot of new car owners. i find it mind “bottling” (lol) that more information couldnt be ascertained by looking for where the coolent was expelled. as for the delay in servicing her bronco she did not buy it at that dealer and even though the’ll get paidby ford im sure repairs on vehicles purchased there will get preferential treatment. IMO

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, we usually have 18 loaners, including Lincolns. Due to backordered parts on non-drivable units we are down to a just a couple per day. Ford does NOT pay for loaners until the vehicle is diagnosed and meets certain eligibility requirements. If that dealer uses Enterprise for overflow they are probably in the same boat with no vehicles.

I know some don't like this answer but that's how it is. Dealers are not required to keep loaners and Ford doesn't care if we lose $$ in FCTP or the FRAC program. We are usually in the hole $60K at the end of the year due to loaners.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Queue the Found On Road Dead comments from the Government Motors and Fiat drivers in the peanut gallery...
Sponsored