SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I honestly don't get the big deal of 3500 vs 7k. Still just a small fraction ( likely 7% or less) of the MY2021 produced, and then decreasing after each model year after that. I think if it was originally 1750 then it went up to 3500 people would still complain

At the end of the day, having a 6g bronco in general won't be that unique after a few years
Sponsored

Duck

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This can actually turn out good for some. At the launch we all had to jump in line without the benefit of understanding fully what the hell the different options were. I jumped on the FE because I like limited run, well optioned vehicles. Now that this has come out, how special is an FE now? Iā€™m glad that I now know that I am not limited to my FE res. I may ultimately stick with the FE but now Iā€™m going too look around a bit. I want to make mine as retro looking as possible with the most appointments/options I can get.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is turning into a complete mess for Ford. If I canā€™t change my model at order to Black Diamond or Badlands I will be canceling for good. I will not be getting a First Edition anymore. Thatā€™s for sure.

Sponsored

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well I don't know about that since they do mention in the email that they understand the desire to cancel. I think they might even be counting on folks to cancel. They may have massively oversold the FE reservations to the point where 7000 doesn't cover it. I'm really wondering if anybody has gotten or will get an email stating that they didn't make the 7k cut. From Ford's perspective that sounds so unpleasant to have to decide when to send that email out. Glad I'm over here just consuming their goods. :)
I think their ā€˜understanding to cancelā€™ is because the FE is less rare now that theyā€™ve doubled the number because Increasing the production number may turn off buyers. I doubt the understanding comes from the disinterest in the interior color, lack of exterior color options, over valued, etc...

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is turning into a complete mess for Ford. If I canā€™t change my model at order to Black Diamond or Badlands iā€™ll be canceling for good. I will not be getting a First Edition anymore. Thatā€™s for sure.
Yes, the email today from Ford says you can switch at the time of order.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the talk of a blue interior? I missed something.
There are several threads on it. One of the ugliest interior color combinations (in my opinion and the opinion of many others) might be the only option for First Edition trims. Hopefully Ford will at least offer a solid black alternative or something.

Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Right, I was just saying that Ford can do this again and make 15K or more First editions since it's more profit margin for them. They probably found a stockpile of F150 blue leather in the abandoned warehouse.
My hope is that if they can make this change for the quantity, they can make a change for the interior. In fact, I am willing to wait a bit longer for my FE if I get a better interior. I always have the option to go to reservation number two, which is a Badlands. I am not stuck on it being an FE, especially since the future value of it was just diminished.

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not a huge fan of exclusivity, but I did like the fact that I reserved 1 of 3500 that would be made. Having that number jump to 7000 makes it a little less special and is making me consider just saving the money and going with a lower trim. The aftermarket parts I want like BFG 35's, Method Wheels, possibly an ICON suspension, etc... would put me in the same price range, I assume, and I wouldn't shell out the extra cash. Decisions decisions, we'll see what August brings with the Build site up.

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs