First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, a madman has done it. A bronco on 40’s and with a SFA swap! He says tons of other plans to come, I’m most curious about the link geometry and how it all came together. Looks pretty sweet!

Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco solid front axle (SFA) swap + 40's! 2021 Bronco SFA Solid Front Axle Swap on 40's tires

Sponsored

RHW

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At what point does a truck become a Monster Truck?? is it this?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That didn't take long. I wonder if he was able to retain the functionality of the push button 4wd selector and goat mode dial or if had to cut the floor boards for manual transfer case shifter? Looks like manual hubs were installed so I am guessing hero switches may be useless. Looking forward to more info.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That didn't take long. I wonder if he was able to retain the functionality of the push button 4wd selector and goat mode dial or if had to cut the floor boards for manual transfer case shifter? Looks like manual hubs were installed so I am guessing hero switches may be useless. Looking forward to more info.
I was wondering that also.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SFA but no Portals? It's for SEMA so you have to go big or go to the back of the hall

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Once you lock the hubs I don't see why you couldn't use GOAT.
Either way I'm stoked to see a SAS on one.
Spiders and portals would be sick.

Sponsored

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lost me at SEMA, mostly useless equipment is built for that show.

Not to say, it doesn't bring ideas to the masses. But a lot of it is like CGI. Just for looks, not functionality. When I see this rig put thru its paces. Then I will say it's been proven. Otherwise, congrats, looks good so far. And I'm sure you will get others to get to doing SAS. Good luck at SEMA!!

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah but has he even driven it? Looks extremely preliminary, posting pics for the clicks. I could fab wings to a Bronco but that doesn't mean it will fly.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh boy.....is everything over stock height now called "SAS'd" :rolleyes:

I guess I feel the same way about this that I do about the super built up Jeeps on 40's. This is cool for SEMA, and I'm sure it's cool to be a first build front straight axle new Bronco, but in real life it's kind of pointless. There's no where that you need 40's to go that you would do with a long wheelbase full bodied car. It ends up being over kill and goes so far as to be another level of mall crawler. If you want to do big rocks, spend half that and get a decent rock buggy. Besides, the sticky compound is what really makes the difference, not the tire size. But, I get it, somebody had to be first.

I'm a rock buggy driver. We see it all the time. Guys spend a fortune building big Jeeps, but will never hang with the buggies because of way too much weight and body and non-sticky tires. Then they buy a buggy and say they never should have built the Jeep that big because they are left with a crappy pseudo buggy and a crappy exploration and street driver Jeep. Other than trying to be cool (mall crawler stuff) it's kinda pointless.
Sponsored