Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great info! Thank you, sir.

In the video, is the overhead switch used to “arm” the locker switches? I could definitely see myself accidentally bumping the rocker switches on the center console and not realize the lockers were engaged.

When I get around to upgrading mine, I’ll wire them up to a couple of open SwitchPro buttons. Never dreamed I’d need more than 6 upfitter switches…. Lol!
No, that switch engages the relay to power my ham radio when the truck is off. It's automatically on when the power is on.

I am going to make a little guard to cover the side of the switches, but so far it hasn't shown to be an issue.

An arm/disarm switch isn't a terrible idea though.
Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, that switch engages the relay to power my ham radio when the truck is off. It's automatically on when the power is on.

I am going to make a little guard to cover the side of the switches, but so far it hasn't shown to be an issue.

An arm/disarm switch isn't a terrible idea though.
Ah, OK. Didn’t quite catch that in the video, but makes perfect sense now.

My HAM is currently wired directly to the battery, but it will be moved to the SwitchPro panel along with an ARB compressor, a Lowrance GPS, and the lockers. The fogs, spots, and ditch lights took 5 of the 6 upfitters…

As I mentioned in your King thread, I tried to talk myself out of adding too many accessories, but I just wouldn’t listen…😄

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ah, OK. Didn’t quite catch that in the video, but makes perfect sense now.

My HAM is currently wired directly to the battery, but it will be moved to the SwitchPro panel along with an ARB compressor, a Lowrance GPS, and the lockers. The fogs, spots, and ditch lights took 5 of the 6 upfitters…

As I mentioned in your King thread, I tried to talk myself out of adding too many accessories, but I just wouldn’t listen…😄
Were I to do it again, I'd likely change up a couple circuits.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Were I to do it again, I'd likely change up a couple circuits.
Probably the first guy I have seen that has swapped the axels in the forum. Thats awesome! How is it working for you as of now? Any issues? Lockers run well?

Leesnell91

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond Advanced 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably the first guy I have seen that has swapped the axels in the forum. Thats awesome! How is it working for you as of now? Any issues? Lockers run well?
I have done the same swap. 10,000+ miles, multiple offroad trips, lots of rock crawling and 0 issues.
At this point the best thing out there is the Spicer upgraded front drive unit. The M210 is great but still has a weak point with the axle tube being made from cast aluminum. The spice one is all cast iron and you can upgrade to 32 spline if you choose to.

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I posted it somewhere around here. lol

Other than wiring the lockers, and the yet-to-be-resolved FDU delete issue, it's 4 bolts. Be sure to install the drive shaft before you bolt the diff in place or it won't clear the mounting cup - at least mine wouldn't.

Locker wiring is trivial; 12v negative ground. I used an ohm meter to verify the polarity on the plugs, then made my own pigtails to run up into the cab.

Jeeps use 4-prong connectors with a "engaged" feedback circuit, Broncos are just 2-wire.

These are the connectors I used:

Molex Black 2 Pin Male and Female... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HQMH35T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the wire. It's a nice heavy jacket:

LuSumtly Electrical Wire, 16... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09V55Q3SY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

The switches:

FRONT DIFF LOCK - Blue - Switch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H421TLB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

REAR DIFF LOCK - Blue - Switch... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H431FQ3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

And the video:

I bought that same molex connector but it doesn't quite slide over the diff connector. Did yours fit just fine or did you have to "massage" it to fit?

Leesnell91

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought that same molex connector but it doesn't quite slide over the diff connector. Did yours fit just fine or did you have to "massage" it to fit?
i had to modify mine a little bit to clear.

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not the right pigtail technically, although they are almost the same.

Part # 2u2z-14s411-bb is the oem pigtail and I can verify it slides right on and matches the rear locker as well. eBay was the cheapest when I ordered mine

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have done the same swap. 10,000+ miles, multiple offroad trips, lots of rock crawling and 0 issues.
At this point the best thing out there is the Spicer upgraded front drive unit. The M210 is great but still has a weak point with the axle tube being made from cast aluminum. The spice one is all cast iron and you can upgrade to 32 spline if you choose to.
Got a link to that one?

Leesnell91

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reactions: OX1

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All is good with the exception of the front pinion seal leaking and my dealer refusing to handle it under warranty.

My new seal will be here Monday, so I'll get to find out what caused the issue in a mere 10k miles and why Ford is replacing whole 3rd members instead of just doing the seal.

Lockers work great! I would've been stopped dead in this stuff without them; instead, I drove 3/8 of a mile buried to above the frame.

Ford Bronco M210 Front Axle Swap? PXL_20230110_203307336

Ford Bronco M210 Front Axle Swap? PXL_20230110_203310722

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They were a little stiff going on, but haven't posed any issues to date.

Ford didn't have anything available last Summer when I did mine, so I was left to what I could cobble out of the myriad connectors in existence.
Sponsored