OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in Timber OR. The prob for Oregon buyers is that our state legislature passed an import tax if you buy a new vehicle out of state. I’m not sure if it would be worth the purchase price savings for OR buyers because of shipping and tax. Our best option is finding a dealer in state that is willing to play ball. If they were, I’m sure we could put together a purchasing group on here to that dealer. Hope something like this happens. Win win imo.
I’d be down for that. Invoice pricing gets us the same result. Any idea if dealers that may be interested if they could easily sell a half dozen?
Sponsored

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I might be interested in this. We're close to Corvallis. How would this work with the pre-order?
Are you talking about the $100 down through the Ford website? If so, we all just change our orders to one dealer when it’s time to order.

Duck

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m totally down with partnering with you guys on here. We just need a solid commit from an instate dealer. Maybe a small town dealer might like to get a volume purchase group??

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m totally down with partnering with you guys on here. We just need a solid commit from an instate dealer. Maybe a small town dealer might like to get a volume purchase group??
I’m happy to talk to Westlie in Camas. But I’m concerned with their ability to get units out of Ford vs a large volume dealer. Thoughts on that?

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m happy to talk to Westlie in Camas. But I’m concerned with their ability to get units out of Ford vs a large volume dealer. Thoughts on that?
Wait. Problem for you OR guys. I have no problem buying in OR. Anyone have connections?

Sponsored

Duck

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wait. Problem for you OR guys. I have no problem buying in OR. Anyone have connections?
I don’t have any connections but would be willing to call around. Maybe we get a list of ford dealers in Oregon and divide them up amongst the 6G group of buyers to contact with the same pitch?

Bronkbust23

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm going in with my folks on both of theirs down in the Medford area, sounds like they would probably be up to partner on this if it's in-state...

Reactions: fv9

ala53

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘91 Honda Acty / 2018 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d also be willing to go in on this as long as it’s an OR or WA dealer.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m happy to do my part and call some of the dealers. Can anyone get a list of all OR dealers?

JimmyT

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider, Ford Focus, GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just got a call from my local dealer, Bickford Ford of Snohomish. He wants to talk. No idea what sort of terms he is offering.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got a call from my local dealer, Bickford Ford of Snohomish. He wants to talk. No idea what sort of terms he is offering.
Can’t hurt. I know some OR members said there is an issue with them buying in WA. Would have to look back in the thread to recall what.

ala53

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘91 Honda Acty / 2018 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OR has an import tax on new cars. It’s either 0.5 percent or 1 percent of purchase price on cars purchased in another state IIRC, so as long as a WA based dealer ends up at least ~600 dollars cheaper than an OR based one, everyone should still benefit.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OR has an import tax on new cars. It’s either 0.5 percent or 1 percent of purchase price on cars purchased in another state IIRC, so as long as a WA based dealer ends up at least ~600 dollars cheaper than an OR based one, everyone should still benefit.
That sucks. WA residents face no such penalty for buying out of state. But OR loves it taxes! ?

Deleted member 5064

I have one reservation through Vancouver Ford and put in another placeholder reservation through Westlie a few days later to hedge my bets on best deal. I heard Gresham Ford will accept X Plan so may try and pull off the Mustang Club price hack there

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have one reservation through Vancouver Ford and put in another placeholder reservation through Westlie a few days later to hedge my bets on best deal. I heard Gresham Ford will accept X Plan so may try and pull off the Mustang Club price hack there
What is that hack? My rez is with Westlie.
Sponsored