Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there a reason why they do not cover the first couple of inches behind the front wheel?
Seeing the pinch weld is driving my CDO [I'm so OCD I alphabetize it] crazy
Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is there a reason why they do not cover the first couple of inches behind the front wheel?
I dont know first hand but earlier in the thread someone posted they line up with the stock flares and in the video they have different fender flares on and that is why there is a gap?

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ll take em if I can get em without the big branding badge.

Looks like the badges are pop riveted on. They look like 3/16 stainless pop rivets, a 3/16 drill bit will make short work of those. Yeah, for that price we shouldn't have to advertise for them. 😊

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I dont know first hand but earlier in the thread someone posted they line up with the stock flares and in the video they have different fender flares on and that is why there is a gap?

Yeah, didn't TC put those ugly steel flares on? That will damage the fender if you get hard up against a tree with them? 😁

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He's talking about the switches that will allow you to raise/lower the steps with no doors on.
Ahh. That would be a nice feature, such as while parked on the beach after riding!

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to know if that stupid red light on the dash switch is going to be lit up all the time? That would annoy me.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes because as someone mentioned earlier, just because you have your doors off doesn't mean you don't still want to use the step. If I have my doors off for four months out of the year and can't use the steps for that time, it would defeat the purpose. So this switch is in addition and when your doors are off you can push it to deploy the steps and retract them and it is right by the ODP port as well so you can push it easily for use. Once the doors are off, the kill switch won't do anything, it will just lock it in to which ever position you choose prior to taking them off and I wouldn't want to keep them locked in the deployed position personally and that would be your only option to use the steps without the "Door Delete" switch. Hope that all makes sense.
Good point. Hope you find the switch, once you're parked after off-roading, you'll want to get in and out of the vehicle. They look nicely made, especially if they have a dual purpose as rock sliders. Personally, my OBX comes with steps, and I'll only be upgrading to 33" tires, and I mostly drive on the beach, so I won't be needing this upgrade for now. But who knows what the more distant future brings!?

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is a link to the door delete kit on Jeep version but I would bet it is the exact same kit for all models. Adds what looks like a push button that you install somewhere and when you push the button it lowers / raises the steps:
Door delete kit

Note on the Jeep JL kit it states:
"The Step Slider is rated for moderate off-road conditions. More aggressive trails require the additional skid plate for the step slider to provide further stability and protection."

The additional armor is $549 for the Jeep JL 4 Door version and I would imagine the Bronco set would be around the same price.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been disciplined in not dropping any real cash on anything until I get the rig. Might have forgo that rule on this one.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here they are with the stock flares. Still looks like a pretty large gap to me ☹

I’m wondering if they just reused their Jeep sliders to save $$$. Are Bronco door widths longer than Jeep?

D230F3DB-CCFA-42E7-96E1-9B4E994E095D.jpeg

Last edited: