Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the side steps don't intrude into the wheel well opening there shouldn't be any problems installing mud flaps on the front. My Wrangler has side steps, and they are not in the way at all. But, I don't know what the side steps on an OBX looks like as I haven't seen one. If they don't fit I'm hoping there is a way to modify them to fit. I want them myself.
Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks Top down side

This gives you an idea of how tight things are in this area in the front. The flare is actually over the step and there is a tiny space between the crash bar and the step as well. We were thinking about getting some flexible rubber mud flaps that would we would mount on the liner holes. I just can't believe Ford didn't think about this.
Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 1630949654574

I have tons of mud piled up on my step after driving through state forest trails yesterday. It wouldn't be clean, but there would not be huge piles of mud on the step, or mud on the handles, if I had mud flaps.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This gives you an idea of how tight things are in this area in the front. The flare is actually over the step and there is a tiny space between the crash bar and the step as well. We were thinking about getting some flexible rubber mud flaps that would we would mount on the liner holes. I just can't believe Ford didn't think about this.

I have tons of mud piled up on my step after driving through state forest trails yesterday. It wouldn't be clean, but there would not be huge piles of mud on the step, or mud on the handles, if I had mud flaps.
Well crap, that's not good. You right sister, maybe some flexible ones could be used. If I go that route I think I'll try to use some cheap plastic push pins to hold them in place. That way I can remove them when not needed. Looks like one more thing the Ford designers didn't think through to a logical solution.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well crap, that's not good. You right sister, maybe some flexible ones could be used. If I go that route I think I'll try to use some cheap plastic push pins to hold them in place. That way I can remove them when not needed. Looks like one more thing the Ford designers didn't think through to a logical solution.
I'm going to wash this beast later this afternoon and then we will measure the space between the crash bar and step once all the mud is gone. That will give us a better idea of what will/won't fit.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I measured a 1/2" gap. I ordered these from amazon to see if they will work. If not, they can be returned. I will update when I find out how they work.

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 1631979272360

Apparently, a member of B6G owns the company that makes these!

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I measured a 1/2" gap. I ordered these from amazon to see if they will work. If not, they can be returned. I will update when I find out how they work.

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 1631979272360

Apparently, a member of B6G owns the company that makes these!
Thanks for all the leg work so far. Definitely looking forward to seeing if these work.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting for a dirt mountain non-sas 2-door BD.

What do you guys think of subbing SAS flares instead of flaps, at least on the front???
I think just swapping out the front will look odd. Also, the fender flares alone don't really stop stuff from spraying up the side of the vehicle/kicking up rocks. I think mud flaps will be the only way to go, sadly.

Sponsored

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, and the crash bar.
Ok, hopefully something gets figured out by the time I get mine. I belive I seen a post where the running boards were switched sides which sat them back further, also rumor of possibly taking the end cap off the running board and cutting an inch off and putting the cap back on. Not really a fan of mud flaps/splash guards but don't want a bunch of rock chips either...

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok, hopefully something gets figured out by the time I get mine. I belive I seen a post where the running boards were switched sides which sat them back further, also rumor of possibly taking the end cap off the running board and cutting an inch off and putting the cap back on. Not really a fan of mud flaps/splash guards but don't want a bunch of rock chips either...
Amen brother! I'm waiting for my Big Bend 4DR W/Side Steps! I ordered Ford mud flaps from Granger's Part Department and will be installed once it arrives at Grangers from the MAP LOT! I have stock wheels/tires, so hopefully the stock mud flaps will keep the rocks/dirt from damaging the body. Oh, mine will only stay on paved roads! Good luck to everyone!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw that someone switched the running boards. It's a good idea.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just being a smartass here, but Ford didn't think an OBX would get dirty 😂
Sponsored