Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is from a email sent out to dealers, Showing the standard lights being the reason why you cannot mount to a Base or Black Diamond even if it has the Mod Bumper. I have no idea why you need the signature lights for the winch mount. Going to see if my dealers parts dept can find out why. It is pricey but I was hoping it would mount to my Black Diamond.

B736BD81-9FAA-4F89-AED4-FDF596968E98.jpeg
It amazes me that Ford excludes any build with the Lux package to et a winch. I hope the Ford engineers look at this for the 2022 Model year builds.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is exactly what i was wondering about. If you have the LUX package you can not put a winch on your vehicle. I would hope that the Ford engineers address this for the 2022 models.
No, you can't put the Ford winch on there... I guarantee you that I will keep my lux package features and I will install a winch.

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you can't put the Ford winch on there... I guarantee you that I will keep my lux package features and I will install a winch.
I am with you. I like the Mod bumper and the thought behind it however I am not willing to give up the LUX package options to install it. Not to mention this price. I just hope someone releases a bumper that allows me to keep the Cruise control sensor and my camera with a mountable winch.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Compatibility - No Lux and requires Modular Bumper.

So why no Base and Black Diamond? It was suggested above that it may have to do with signature lighting. But there is no requirement for that to be optioned on the Big Bend which includes standard lighting. My supposition is that Ford is re-configuring trim options for MY'22.

Currently, the modular bumper can be optioned on all trims for MY'21. But for MY'22, we know the capable bumper will be an option and standard on the Black Diamond. Ford may be eliminating the modular bumper as an option for the Base and Black Diamond for MY'22. Thus, the restricted trim compatibility.

The increased cost might have the modular bumper "baked" into the cost for MY'22 with a discount for the Badlands as the modular bumper is standard.
I thought Badlands is getting the capable bumper. Sounds like "capable" may not mean winch capable? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you look at the photos, it almost seems like raising it an inch (possibly less) would have cleared the sensor, unless I'm misunderstanding what the issue is or where the sensor is located. It looks like it barely hangs into the cavity where the sensor is located.

I'm wondering if they were tasked with designing it in such a way that it doesn't block the logo, so it didn't get raised up further. I could see some program manager or marketing person think that was a good idea at the cost of Lux support.

It also looks like it could almost just be removed and installed when needed. The mounting bracket, if I read the instructions right, is only 4 bolts total, the plate itself is 6. It'd be annoying, but it looks like you could use some sort of quick release electrically and just bolt/unbolt it when you are at the trail or just use standard cruise control.

My only concern is that the collision sensors will go nuts and we won't have a way to shut them off on the trail. In any case, I'm not willing to spend $3k to be the test dummy, it is a shame they couldn't work this out it seems really close.

Last edited:

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will we got one aftermarket that works with lux so far.
6ace485f-16d2-4602-b0ba-e08d23f18dc0-jpeg-jpg.jpg

Hope more will come. šŸ™ƒ
I really like this design a lot. Bodyguard was nice enough to send me a profile view to see how much forward the bumper is.

bronco side view.jpeg

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is exactly what i was wondering about. If you have the LUX package you can not put a winch on your vehicle. I would hope that the Ford engineers address this for the 2022 models.
I would prefer a front camera and ACC delete option with the LUX so I can get the winch. I mean the Badlands will replace my Rubicon which goes wheeling often. I can easily do without ACC and the camera is a gimmick that some people will be fascinated with a few times but later will be largely ignored or forgotten about.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would prefer a front camera and ACC delete option with the LUX so I can get the winch. I mean the Badlands will replace my Rubicon which goes wheeling often. I can easily do without ACC and the camera is a gimmick that some people will be fascinated with a few times but later will be largely ignored or forgotten about.
I agree with you. I didn't order the LUX because all I really wanted was the dash USB and integrated garage opener, wish they would let us order some of that stuff al a la carte.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you. I didn't order the LUX because all I really wanted was the dash USB and integrated garage opener, wish they would let us order some of that stuff al a la carte.
Yeah I HAD TO GET the LUX because my wife wants the heated steering wheel,.. she will occasionally drive it. Lol :rolleyes:

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Use our front cameras in wife's GC and my f150 every time we're wheeling, climbing over rocks or on narrow mountain shelf road switchbacks. Try running the switchbacks on black bear pass without a front camera and spotter. Let me know how that goes for you.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
like they do with their f series trucks right? at least the garage door opener you can purchase a la carte.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the front & tire cameras a lot when doing the Off-Roadeo. I'm looking forward to having them on my BL.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Use our front cameras in wife's GC and my f150 every time we're wheeling, climbing over rocks or on narrow mountain shelf road switchbacks. Try running the switchbacks on black bear pass without a front camera and spotter. Let me know how that goes for you.
I've done that for over thirty years brother. I've never needed a spotter or camera. I wheel in Moab twice a year, Born in Durango and grew up around Ouray and Silverton. That's literally my back yard Lol. C'mon dude lots of people have been wheeling for years without this crap. LMFAO..:sneaky:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done that for over thirty years brother. I've never needed a spotter or camera. I wheel in Moab twice a year, Born in Durango and grew up around Ouray and Silverton. That's literally my back yard Lol. C'mon dude lots of people have been wheeling for years without this crap. LMFAO..:sneaky:
Not saying I couldnt do it but in a giant lifted f150 its definitely nice to have for sure. Would rather not have my wife standing out as a spotter when it rains either. My vertically challenged wife canā€™t drive my truck without the front/side cameras.

This will be my wifeā€™s BL and if spending $55k it should have all the cameras and ACC for her that sheā€™s accustomed to. Happy wife happy life! Im the one wanting the winch for it lol.
Sponsored