First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2016 TRD Tacoma & 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was thinking the same. Would’ve be cool to see a with/without comparison.
I’ll be posting a “Full Black Bear Pass” Vlog soon one of the badlands was a manual so it did not have TTA.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
^^^ This

I’m kind of scratching my head on whether there would be any issues making the turns without it. Others have been touting the amazing turning radius as is.
One of the badlands was a manual and Definitely couldn’t make most of the switchbacks without doing a 2 point turn.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good video but I don't care for TTA. One rear tire drags while the other spins...the extra trail damage is silly for a vehicle that has a very good turning radius as is. Maybe it will grow on me but I just don't like it.

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First off, loved the longer video you posted yesterday - think that was the first instance I saw so many new broncos bopping around my home state at once, and also appreciated that your OBX looked like, lived in; I don't know why but it was cool seeing one that wasn't totally pristine inside and had seen some shit.

Second, I've heard some people saying TTA can dig up trails and this is the first time I've seen it happening 😳 kinda worried about how those switchbacks are gonna fare if this is heavily used on them. I've got a manual coming and was bummed to lose out on that feature, but perhaps dealing with the pucker personally is going to be for the greater good 🤷🏼‍♀️ was mostly just that last turn before the drone footage, but seems like repeated use could really cause some extra rutting 👀
Awesome thanks for watching man! And yes I put 5000 miles on the OBX in 3 weeks. Black bear pass, top of the worl in Moab, engineer pass, and hells revenge. I’ll have videos up as soon as I’m finished editing. And your totally right TTA is a tool. To help aid navigating tight trails. Any vehicle in a trail is doing damage of some sort. It’s just us to decide when something is absolutely necessary. This was a day to see the features in real world scenarios vs a course.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The "giggle button" is cool. But should only be used sparingly. If you can make a 2-3 point turn, might be better to do so for the sake of the trail. But sand...it's on!!!
Totally agree👌 This was for demonstration purposes.

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Question on the BB Pass...did you use trail control and if so, how did it do?
I did actually! It works great. I did try it in hells revenge and it seemed as though some of those downward sections were a tad too steep for it.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really well shot video to show a real world application of the TTA feature

Loved seeing your dog just chilling out in the back.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think I would trust this more going uphill.

Downhill did not look comfortable control-wise: especially for the spotter.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

This does seem to be the case. And yes it does seem to kick the rear end over a bit fast if your not careful. However all of it is sketchy lol and half of the things we drive on or over are dangerous but we learn how to properly use our tools
Oh I agree, its all relative, there is a huge difference in what my wife thinks is doable and what I do, I'm just saying I wouldn't trust it completely but would definitely use it when I could. I can't wait to try it out.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Trail turn is the best thing ever, used it a couple of times on the Vegas Rodeo, no 3 point turns ever!

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll be posting a “Full Black Bear Pass” Vlog soon one of the badlands was a manual so it did not have TTA.
Ohhhh would love to know if they were using that crawl gear to get down at all! Super excited for this since that'll be my build 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 BBP is on my list to work up to being able to do soon so this absolutely tickles me

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice to see it in real-world use on a trail.
Looks like it almost works too well, taking you to the extreme inside on the rear.
Which is a good sign.
Means we can learn the radius a bit more as we drive them and learn which lines to take.

No room for error really there on BBP, and it handled it nicely.
Kinda jealous as I sit here in front of my PC, stuck in the office on a sunny fall day.

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used trail turn assist on the Las Vegas Off Rodeo course this past weekend. Made near a 135 degree pivot. There were a few infront of me that didn't make it because they cut the turn too soon or too shallow. So some of it is relying on a spotter (if you have one and i did) and knowing when to cut the wheel hard into the turn. Before this weekend, i thought it was kinda gimmicky. But not now. I also used trail control, set it at 1.5 mph and crawled down the hill easy. Have to say it felt odd not having your foot on a pedal though...OP, thanks for posting!!
Sponsored