Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s a contract. Especially since money changed hands for an agreed upon price - a non-refundable deposit no less. All the words are there for a promise by the dealership to deliver a particular product once it arrived. Report the dealer to the State including the State’s attorney general to charge them for fraud.
Right and if the dealer doesn't make good on that promise, customer gets their "non refundable" deposit back...

It's not a contract to take ownership of a vehicle with a specific VIN... that's the main difference.

So yeah if they DID breach the contract, the dealer doesn't have to sell them a VEHICLE, but they sure as hell have to return that non-refundable deposit since they are now in breach and that deposit has to be "refunded"

Basically all he has there is an agreement for the dealer to LOCATE or ORDER a vehicle for him... it doesn't state anything particular about a certain vehicle with a VIN.
Sponsored

Flicko's

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Signed purchase agreement with the broncos VIN pretty air tight. Providing the PA doesn’t say it can be changed at any time.
I agree, but you don't receive a VIN number until your order goes to build status, I believe.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shit. This is a thing of nightmares and will surely give me nightmares until I drive mine home.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we should all leave negative feedback on google at a minimum. These people are heartless and have zero consideration for their customers.
This guy gets it. Hit each and every dealership in the wallet that decides to rip off a Bronco customer. Negative reviews will cost them far more than they will ever make with ADM fees.

No need to break the law when legal methods work.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After looking closer, I'm losing sympathy for the buyer. He appears to be the owner of DreamCars Collectible Auto Auctions. He probably just bought this to flip it. Makes little difference to me if the dealer gets in the way of someone whose only interest in the Bronco was the flip.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Right and if the dealer doesn't make good on that promise, customer gets their "non refundable" deposit back...

It's not a contract to take ownership of a vehicle with a specific VIN... that's the main difference.

So yeah if they DID breach the contract, the dealer doesn't have to sell them a VEHICLE, but they sure as hell have to return that non-refundable deposit since they are now in breach and that deposit has to be "refunded"

Basically all he has there is an agreement for the dealer to LOCATE or ORDER a vehicle for him... it doesn't state anything particular about a certain vehicle with a VIN.
Not a lawyer, but I think similar to a real estate contract, you could sue for specific performance since the FE is a unique item. It is a contract as you've both agreed and consideration was paid.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After looking closer, I'm losing sympathy for the buyer. He appears to be the owner of DreamCars Collectible Auto Auctions. He probably just bought this to flip it. Makes little difference to me if the dealer gets in the way of someone whose only interest in the Bronco was the flip.
Shouldn’t matter what he does or owns. They agreed on a price, he gave a deposit it should be his bronco.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree, he ha

Not a lawyer, but I think similar to a real estate contract, you could sue for specific performance since the FE is a unique item. It is a contract as you've both agreed and consideration was paid.
Yeah but the paper he signed says a Badlands... not a First Edition. So i'm not sure what is going on.

MAYBE he reserved one truck but wanted to get a different truck instead, and the dealer won't budge, which is what Mike Levine was talking about? We have no clue, there's a lot missing from the story here. Because he keeps talking about a First Edition, but then why is he signing something to have them find a badlands??? Why would he even need to sign that if he's already got a reservation? No clue what happened here. Did the dealer mess up a deposit paperwork? Are they actually trying to screw him and make more $$. Or did this Tom guy leave out a lot of important details that might not make his case seem so good? Nobody can tell right now. TOO MUCH missing from this story. Just a few screen shots doesn't tell us anything about what actually happened. It's completely 1 sided right now.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that not his right? Is there something in the purchase contract stating this wasn't allowed?

If they can rip him off at will, they can do the same to you for whatever reason the next guy thinks is acceptable.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah but the paper he signed says a Badlands... not a First Edition. So i'm not sure what is going on.

MAYBE he reserved one truck but wanted to get a different truck instead, and the dealer won't budge, which is what Mike Levine was talking about? We have no clue, there's a lot missing from the story here. Because he keeps talking about a First Edition, but then why is he signing something to have them find a badlands??? Why would he even need to sign that if he's already got a reservation? No clue what happened here. Did the dealer mess up a deposit paperwork? Are they actually trying to screw him and make more $$. Or did this Tom guy leave out a lot of important details that might not make his case seem so good? Nobody can tell right now. TOO MUCH missing from this story. Just a few screen shots doesn't tell us anything about what actually happened. It's completely 1 sided right now.
The OP said the dealer made a mistake and put badlands instead of FE. I agree need more to the story.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shouldn’t matter what he does or owns. They agreed on a price, he gave a deposit it should be his bronco.
True, but as someone who is a professional in the car business., he can put on his big boy panties and take care of this himself. He shouldn't need the pion masses on FB to press his case.

Ricks73eb

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 bronco, 77f100, 90 mustang, 05 f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd like to know the full story. I'm involved in this thread on FB but there is a lot of missing info. It's just some photos of a reservation, and then a deposit agreement for a badlands, and part of a text message. There is no full story. Something doesn't add up here...
From what I got is this guy ordered a bunch of broncos to flip and the dealer wants their cut.. kinda absurd but like a car wreck hard to look away..

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The OP said the dealer made a mistake and put badlands instead of FE. I agree need more to the story.
Yeah. I was talking to the dealer on FB but they've since, shut their FB page down temporarily, so i can't even message them for details.

Regarldess if the deposit says badlands, it could say "Cup of Noodles" it's just a deposit so the dealer knows you are serious. He has a reservation, that we should all be able to agree on. So WHY isn't he able to get his reservation is the big question.

Did something else take place they could not agree on (maybe he wanted it under MSRP who knows we don't see that side of the convo).

Did the dealer actually sell it before he came by for more and screwed him? Possibility, it's happened.

I just don't know.
Sponsored