Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer allocation formula for the 2022 model year Bronco will be as follows:
  • 50% Overall Ford sales history for past 3 years
  • 25% 2021 Bronco allocations
  • 25% Bronco Sport % sales last year
oh my gawd! So infuriating when 2021 reservations have not been filled. All reservations need to be first. Period.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So 75% weighted towards big dealers who normally sell a lot of vehicles, 25% to dealers that made hay with Bronco orders.
My outsiders view- big gorilla dealers won
With a bias against colder northern states where a soft top is less desirable, so sales count suffered.

"Switch to a soft top for faster delivery" sounds much more enticing in Texas than Wisconsin.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big dealers got their panties in a bunch when dealers like Granger and Stephen’s outsmarted them and received a good chunk of 2021 allocations. Here in CO, local dealers lost out on at least 170+ sales ($7million + in sales) of those who went out of state.
yet they could have done the exact same thing Granger and SAC did but chose not to. I'm driving 10+ hours to SAC in order to get my Bronco and if local dealers hadn't been morons and gave a deal I would have bought there.

People are only going to tolerate so much of this bullshit before they simply move on. Ford has left a bad taste in many peoples mouths and are going to end up burning their brand. If I dont have my Bronco in a reasonable amount of time next year I'm buying something else and I'm done with Ford.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where. Did. This. Info. Come. From. Period.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The reason I didn't post this yesterday is due to the huge number of unknowns. On it's face it appears small dealers that got reservation/orders higher than their normal sales volume, will get the short end of the stick. Like @Zach@Granger said and I'm in complete agreement with, is Ford is trying to give more share back to the larger dealers. Practically speaking, customers are going to be the ones that win and lose.

Some issues I see if they stay with this formula. Customers at smaller dealers might see a longer wait time due to a decrease in allocations. If Ford allows people to move unscheduled orders, people will play the, "who has allocation and where am I in relation" game. Obviously, if the big guys get more allocation one can assume people will move to get built sooner but might be the next victims of ADM'ing. You want it sooner? You'll have to pay.

Small and medium dealers will completely lose the drive to push product if they know the metro store 40 miles away has all the product and allocation further increasing the divide with the sell to earn allocation formula.

When allocation was first announced the average was about 30% of your reservation/orders. Ford gave us that number but told us how it was figured. So how could all dealers get about 30%? Further, I have no way of making a calculation using my numbers in this formula to say if my '22 allocation will be more or less than '21. I've sold all of the sports we've gotten, our current name match is 100%. My assumption is we will get at least 50% of the original orders still waiting. None, and I mean none, of this matters if Ford still can't run wide open due to semi conductors, other commodities, shutdowns or other manufacturing problems.

Maths time...If I have 45 round 1 orders left and get the same allocation or 17 it will take about 2.6 years to clean all of them up. While we figure that was only half of a year of production, double it to 34 that's still over a year to satisfy those still in the system. Assume commodity issues don't loosen up much and they can make 8,000/mo reliably. How are any closer to filling all remaining original orders? Right, we aren't. So why change the model now? IMO, the big dealers threw a fit about not getting the lions share of vehicles by default so Ford came up with an "equitable" formula that just so happens to only benefit the huge metro guys.

Customers drove the demand, not dealers. This model punishes customers that wanted to do business with who they thought would best take care of them. So now they come up with this crap to tell aggressive dealers, something Ford has pushed us for decades to do, now have their customers punished because why? Oh yea, corporate politics.

I wouldn't do anything until Ford gives us our numbers whenever that will be. If it's bad I totally support customers contacting Ford and telling them how they feel. They can't punish a customer or blame me for not selling product we can't get because they can't make or in a smaller market where the volume isn't there.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s what I think- Ford is going to do what Forf is going to do and the vast majority on this forum will bitch and moan about it and say “I’m almost done with this” for the 10th time. Then a day later chat about how the bronco is worth the wait, a lot of the delays are not Ford’s fault, I’ve waited this long so what’s a little longer, etc.
Ford knows that very few early reservers will cancel so why do they care about your thoughts on how they will do things?

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't feel sorry for us. I'm not up at 1:30 a.m. worried about us and how we make it. At no recent time in history have we been able to sell vehicles at MSRP and make such good margins. Dealers and salespeople are in good shape if they are competent.

My worry is the obligation to consumers and in this case, they are being done a disservice.
This is why I am traveling over 1400 miles to buy a vehicle at Granger.....@Zach@Granger, thank you.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're reading the allocation algorithm wrong, the percentages or more like weighting factors, you don't multiple the percentages by actual 2021 allocations/sales. That said, your dealership didn't sell a single Bronco Sport in 2021? I don't know how that's possible.
They are a fleet dealership that only sells work trucks.

They have 0 vehicles to sell to buyers just off the street.

All non-work vehicles are all custom orders. Maybe someone made a special order for a Sport -but it seems unlikely.

Re: Algorithm
So you are saying, if the dealership sold 200 ford's (work trucks) their allotment would be:
201 (Ford trucks and that 1 Bronco)
6 Bronco 2021 Allotment
0 Sports

2022 Allotment 207 Broncos?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s what I think- Ford is going to do what Forf is going to do and the vast majority on this forum will bitch and moan about it and say “I’m almost done with this” for the 10th time. Then a day later chat about how the bronco is worth the wait, a lot of the delays are not Ford’s fault, I’ve waited this long so what’s a little longer, etc.
Ford knows that very few early reservers will cancel so why do they care about your thoughts on how they will do things?
that little longer you call it isn't just weeks but becomes an entire model year...who here that reserved on 7/14 LAST YEAR would be willing to wait if I said "you're not getting a 2022 Bronco and possibly not getting a 2023". Ford is going to screw themselves trying to satisfy shithead dealers.

Like I said in my previous post, if I don't have my Bronco in a REASONABLE amount of time next year I am buying something else. I do feel rather comfortable with where I was in allocation last year and shouldn't have an issue getting my Bronco within the first quarter of next year but if Ford allows transfers again or plays fuck fuck games this all goes out the window.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, 9 pages of people complaining because they decided to go to numerous small dealers offering a steep discount on 6G and wondering why they wont get their Bronco. Deja vu all over again. (Besides you 2 door folks - You got screwed by Ford.)
If small dealers can offer discounts why can't large volume dealers? because they're greedy shits, that's why.

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is why I am traveling over 1400 miles to buy a vehicle at Granger.....@Zach@Granger, thank you.

Yes, the peace-of-mind you get dealing with honest people . .

BTW, for people who may not know . . Zach@Granger is the owner of Granger Ford . .

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel it all changed when Farley took over.
Farley’s time should be limited by the shareholders because all of this bending over to outmoded dealers doesn’t show much auto business foresight.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Practically speaking, customers are going to be the ones that win and lose.
I agree with everything you said, but I missed the part where customers "win." Which customers are winning here? The ones who didn't make a reservation and are now willing to pay $5-$50K ADM to get a MY21 or 22? Are those the "winners?"

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem is that when people reserved, Ford said specifically that orders would be built in timestamp order. Later they backed off of that commitment; now they have abandoned it. I have a VIN at a discount dealer, so I’m not worried about myself…but it is wrong what Ford is doing here. Despicable.
Amen. And why should a small dealer be punished for attracting customers? It's not a free market when Ford uses it's stature to favor dealers.
Sponsored