Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not worried about this either way. I have an '06 pathfinder with those tiny rear A/C vents. They are pretty worthless and are either off or blocked most of the time anyway. It's never been an issue in the 2nd row. Third row yes, they could use something but in a smaller Bronco with no 3rd row I don't really care.
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rear vents for A/C Air Conditioning in 4 Door Bronco Are Located Under Front Seats IMG_20200727_131433647

This is the floor vent under the driver's seat on my 2020 F-350. Doesn't blow unless you have the vents set to floor. Doesn't seem to be as cold as the front, either. It's probably amazing in the winter when you need the heat, though.

But it doesn't really bother me. I'm not buying a Bronco for chauffeur duties.

smann93

First Edition
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor, 2018 F150 Regular Cab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
hereā€™s the answer... Donā€™t think this will make me change my reservation. Newer Ford AC isnā€™t awful. Just remote start to cool off sooner. Plus I live in West Texas... itā€™ll get hot. But we will live.
Sorry for those of you in the north when it gets cold.
Ford Bronco Rear vents for A/C Air Conditioning in 4 Door Bronco Are Located Under Front Seats 1B3C018A-340E-4202-A50D-210DAC20DB67

jimmycarter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hereā€™s the answer... Donā€™t think this will make me change my reservation. Newer Ford AC isnā€™t awful. Just remote start to cool off sooner. Plus I live in West Texas... itā€™ll get hot. But we will live.
Ford Bronco Rear vents for A/C Air Conditioning in 4 Door Bronco Are Located Under Front Seats 1B3C018A-340E-4202-A50D-210DAC20DB67
Ford Bronco Rear vents for A/C Air Conditioning in 4 Door Bronco Are Located Under Front Seats CD62C56C-9948-445A-A115-90ED56AE96D0

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1B3C018A-340E-4202-A50D-210DAC20DB67.jpeg
Well that sucks.........ā‡

So the 2 door doesnā€™t even have vents under the seats. Wow.....

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update July 27, 2020 - Ford confirms that the rear A/C vents are located under the rear seats.

Ford Bronco Rear vents for A/C Air Conditioning in 4 Door Bronco Are Located Under Front Seats CD62C56C-9948-445A-A115-90ED56AE96D0

Update July 24, 2020 - Ford has confirmed that the 4-Door Bronco has rear vents.

And the rest of us get black vinyl or leather in one of the most expensive trims, the Badlands. Have none of the Ford people ever visited California, Texas, Florida or any hot state in between? With not even perf holes for circulation, give them five minutes in the Texas heat and humidity in the summer and they will understand. We need perf and cooling fans or the option to select cloth interior for the Badlands.

I'm now looking for aftermarket seat covers to completly remove and replace the factory ones.
I'm assuming the vents are located under the front seats and pointed towards the rear, unless there's some other source that specifically mentions them being under the rear seats. (I mean, that's still something, but it seams odd.)

Overall, I'm happy there are rear vents. The placement may not be ideal, but it will work with heat in winter and should help with seat cooling in summer. So good enough for me. (Glad I'm getting a 4dr though.)

And glad we're still getting responses with updated info.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm assuming the vents are located under the front seats and pointed towards the rear, unless there's some other source that specifically mentions them being under the rear seats. (I mean, that's still something, but it seams odd.)

Overall, I'm happy there are rear vents. The placement may not be ideal, but it will work with heat in winter and should help with seat cooling in summer. So good enough for me. (Glad I'm getting a 4dr though.)

And glad we're still getting responses with updated info.
Unless you don't believe what the Ford spokesperson is saying, they'd be under the front seats. The only thing I see odd about them is they're located that low. I guess to put them on the back of the console would interfere with the power window switches.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you don't believe what the Ford spokesperson is saying, they'd be under the front seats. The only thing I see odd about them is they're located that low. I guess to put them on the back of the console would interfere with the power window switches.
That's what I took away from the tweet too. Was just checking since the edit to the OP specifically stated under the rear seats.
I'm hopeful they've taken some sort of precaution regarding the possibility of water getting into these (especially with the washout interior).

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well that sucks.........ā‡

So the 2 door doesnā€™t even have vents under the seats. Wow.....
Yea, overall the 2021 is an amazing design, but this is pretty much a fail. Might work ok for heat, but you can't do AC that way. I bet this gets changed in a year or two.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As has been pointed out, floor mounted vents work fine for heat, but that doesn't do much for A/C - especially when you have to divert some of it to the floor setting (meaning less is coming out of the main front vents).

I mean, reality is for me right now and the foreseeable future, it's just going to be me in the car most of the time, so it's not that big of a deal, but it'd definitely be better to have actual console mounted vents.

I've seen some people mention B-pillar vents. The problem there, is I believe that vehicles with them usually run the ducting through the front door itself, which would render the vents useless when the doors are off - granted I guess they're not doing a ton at that point anyway, but still.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well the floor vents under my f150 front seats are not that great for cold air. My dogs lay on the back floor and even sticking their heads near the seats I still see them telling me to turn on the vents on the back of the console, since they do put out more air. Every road trip I go on, at least 1 of 2 dogs goes with. When the wife comes, then both dogs do as well and it drives me crazy that she closes her vents because its too much air but yet I'm trying to get the air to the rear of the cab. I even have 15% tint on all sides/rear and 50% on the front window and it can get hot in the rear with the windows shut and air not maxed out.

And like I stated earlier, I don't travel 70-75mph with the windows down when I have the family on a trip. 55mph is about as fast as I'll let the dog stick its head out the window or ride in the back of the topless wrangler.