Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2008 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I told the dealer I wanted a Base, ended up ordering a Badlands V6 non-sas, changed my order to Black Diamond Squatch V6, then was like screw it, Wildlands is the looker has everything I want and is only 10k more, I mean I'm already at 50 with the Black Diamond. Finally, I ordered a Badlands Lux Squatch v6 for 2022. I just couldn't bear an empty hero switch spot. I'll use the swaybar disc, too. I did at Off Rodeo. Badlands is the only trim with everything. I just think it has the weakest grill. Wish I could get a wildtrk with swaybar disco, but, I think I can redeem the Badlands interior clash with Velocity Blue by adding VISCO retro stripe decal. So, I'mma do that. Good luck, have fun!! Hope this helps.

Jacobmic

Base
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150, 2008 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh yeah. And resale is a delusion. Never buy a liability, especially a motor vehilcle you want to drive for it's "resale".

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am 52 and contemplating retirement soon. I have only had two new vehicles and they were both leased VW's. Cheap to lease and decent cars for the money. Basic transportation though.

I may have this for the next twenty years. I couldn't see trying to save money. Like you said, you only live once.

I have debated about going sasquatch. My current order left the sasquatch off. But as far as upgrades go I can always throw 35's on it later. You can't easily add all the tech, 12" screen and heated steering wheel later.
You wonā€™t miss sas with BL. After driving one at the off rodeo I would have switched to it from my sas obx if I didnā€™t already have a vin.

Sponsored

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fun is never a waste of money.

TheBaadestMeinhoff

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I told the dealer I wanted a Base, ended up ordering a Badlands V6 non-sas, changed my order to Black Diamond Squatch V6, then was like screw it, Wildlands is the looker has everything I want and is only 10k more, I mean I'm already at 50 with the Black Diamond. Finally, I ordered a Badlands Lux Squatch v6 for 2022. I just couldn't bear an empty hero switch spot. I'll use the swaybar disc, too. I did at Off Rodeo. Badlands is the only trim with everything. I just think it has the weakest grill. Wish I could get a wildtrk with swaybar disco, but, I think I can redeem the Badlands interior clash with Velocity Blue by adding VISCO retro stripe decal. So, I'mma do that. Good luck, have fun!! Hope this helps.
You really think the badlands grill is the worst one?
ā€¦wanna trade for a big bend if they fit? Cause I think mine is the worst grill and badlands is the best.

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

same, same, same- almost same build just converted to a '22 and green. I find myself constantly asking the same questions. My order is in and I know it can be changed but I don't want to constantly change things. Although, I may drop non-essential extras soon such as PPF and others to make mine a little more buildable. I do see the only choice is between base and badlands. Any trim in between feels too close to the badlands to not make me want to get everything I want. If I convert to a '23 who knows?

Upper

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F150, 2000 Jeep TJ, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're definitely not alone. I had the manual badlands '21 and switched to the base man-squatch when I got pushed to the '22. Just got my VIN last week for a week 12/20 build. I also ditched the roof rails since it seemed like a pain to remove the roof panels.

Good luck!

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blue Book and NADA are based on model. You can put $10k in mods on a base. You will have a harder time trying to recoup the investment (money). Order what you want if itā€™s keeps you within your budget.

Example, a TRD Pro and SR5 will not fetch the same money even if you mod the SR5 slightly above the TRD Pro.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Paralysis by analysis.

(Deleted some text)

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blue Book and NADA are based on model. You can put $10k in mods on a base. You will have a harder time trying to recoup the investment (money). Order what you want if itā€™s keeps you within your budget.

Example, a TRD Pro and SR5 will not fetch the same money even if you mod the SR5 slightly above the TRD Pro.
The Harley crowd cracks me up when they list their's for sale. A whole bunch of chrome upgrades and add ons that they think added value and expect you to pay for. Individual tastes don't translate into cash on resale.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve got a 2 door basesquatch ordered. Best thing for me would be to stay off the forums, and ignore everything until I get a VIN so Iā€™m not tempted to rebuild and rebuild and rebuild. Or maybe I should just order a second one.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like many of you, Iā€™ve obsessed about this over the past few weeks. My basesquatch came to 44K and the of Badlands I wouldā€™ve built comes to 54K. While I can afford it, I canā€™t justify it as the base comes with everything I really need. 10K less and itā€™s just as capable as the badlands off-road. Canā€™t do that with the wrangler.
Sponsored