Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've lost count...is it 12 stranded with the 2.7; zero with the 2.3???
You realize this is the standard engine with the F150? A lot more of them are driving around than Broncos.
Sponsored

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know where your heads at but no brand is immune to this kind of thing.. I had a brand new Jaguar with 23 miles on it towed from my driveway the day I got it. Definitely embarrassing but it happens to all brands.
that sounds reasonable... but statistically, I wonder if there are truly a higher percentage of f*cked up Broncos than other vehicle brands, at this point in time only (because it only existed this year)

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Ford Motor Company tell us, is there a problem with the 2.7 engines? (maybe he used the wrong wax)

Or are you going to tell the OP that they should quietly DM you behind the scenes? This may not be the experience that Ford wants us to have, but it seems like more and more often that it's the experience that many people are having.

I can't wait to take delivery of my Dirt Mountain Edition 2 door with the 2.7 Grenade Spec motor this week. I anticipate mine will leave me stranded in the first 3000 miles.
I am anxiously awaiting my Dirt Mountain detainee (supposedly 12/1/21 delivery)
I am also anxious about the higher than normal potential that my vehicle will also leave me stranded. This is NOT a good feeling for a customer who pays 50K for a BRAND NEW car to concern themselves with.
Imagine a world where you buy a car and petrified to drive it on the highway, lest you never make it home to your family.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope the two door 2.7L I ordered that was built on 7/1 and have yet to receive already had an engine failure and is the cause of my delay. Would suck to wait so many months to have a stalled engine within a few thousand miles.
and still be expected to pay full price

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
these stories make me extremely nervous about taking the bronco anywhere even slightly remote, i.e. anywhere we're supposed to be able to take it
Im afraid to drive 15 miles to get to work

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Damn, yeah please post when you find out what the problem was. I plan on doing a lot of the in the back woods remote driving. This would be a nightmare. Especially in places you cant get cell phone reception. Guess I wont go solo camping until you reply back. !!!

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You realize this is the standard engine with the F150? A lot more of them are driving around than Broncos.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the Bronco 2.7 is not the same 2.7 that is in the F150's.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A guys car breaks down on the weekend, it is towed to a dealership that is probably closed. That leaves just enough time for the Nervous Nellie's of the forum to spin conspiracy theories about mysterious bad valves and other phantom tales before the shop opens on Monday morning. But sure, let's cause a tweet storm, see how many times we can tag Ford on this thread...that will surely help. 😂

I think some of you enjoy the bad news way too much.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
welcome to bronco6g

A guys car breaks down on the weekend, it is towed to a dealership that is probably closed. That leaves just enough time for the Nervous Nellie's of the forum to spin conspiracy theories about mysterious bad valves and other phantom tales before the shop opens on Monday morning. But sure, let's cause a tweet storm, see how many times we can tag Ford on this thread...that will surely help. 😂

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i am pretty sure it is the exact the same engine. It may a slightly different compression ratio but hardware wise it is the same engine.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that the Bronco 2.7 is not the same 2.7 that is in the F150's.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

this sounds like #FakeNews