BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In all seriousness…what is your take on the fox 🦊 2.5 PE?
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

These are 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers which is all pretty much all I need for now at least and things get super heavy past that. We re-geared to 4.88. Warning to those upgrading front axle to Dana 44 Ultimate. That comes in a variety of gearings but choose wisely. The rear Dana 60 has fewer choices and jumps from 4.88 to 5.29!
You mean 5.38s not 5.29

Excellent build, I have the ultimate 60 and Ultimate FDU 44 as well. great choices.
the U60 only added about 110lbs to my little 2dr...

OP
OP
KermitBronco

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In all seriousness…what is your take on the fox 🦊 2.5 PE?
1. On a positive note, I'll share my LOVE for the DSC ability. It's what sets Fox apart from competitors. It varies a lot! Best explanation I know is this video from highly respected Accutune (who also sell a ton of King):
2. On the negative side, the High Speed adjustment is super insanely tight and difficult to increase. I need gloves to do it. Way too difficult.
3. Depending on your rig, be prepared to need to change the springs which is another ~$700 (plus labor). So, budget accordingly (and same is true of King, Icon, etc.). One spring rate does not cover all.
4. Fresh start today, I'd go with the new 3.0 but I recognize that may not be in everyone's budget. Note - Fox Engineers made it clear that the 3.0 share the EXACT same springs with the 2.5. So, when we move to 3.0, we'll just port our 500/300 pound springs to the next units. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. On a positive note, I'll share my LOVE for the DSC ability. It what sets Fox apart from competitors. It varies a lot! Best explanation I know is this video from highly respected Accutune (who also sell a ton of King):
2. On the negative side, the High Speed adjustment is super insanely tight and difficult to increase. I need gloves to do it. Way too difficult.
3. Depending on your rig, be prepared to need to change the springs which is another ~$700 (plus labor). So, budget accordingly (and same is true of King, Icon, etc.). One spring rate does not cover all.
4. Fresh start today, I'd go with the new 3.0 but I recognize that may not be in everyone's budget. Note - Fox Engineers made it clear that the 3.0 share the EXACT same springs with the 2.5. So, when we move to 3.0, we'll just port our 500/300 pound springs to the next units. Hope this helps.
Def helps. Much appreciated. Minus the rci skids and rock sliders…my rig is stock. So probably about 200-250lbs in addition to the bronco stock weight. Would hope not to have to upgrade the springs but if needed it makes sense.

Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers which is all pretty much all I need for now at least and things get super heavy past that. We re-geared to 4.88. Warning to those upgrading front axle to Dana 44 Ultimate. That comes in a variety of gearings but choose wisely. The rear Dana 60 has fewer choices and jumps from 4.88 to 5.38!
If you want to keep near the Stock 4.7 at a 34" tire you'd need about a 5.13. I am thinking 39.5 swamper TSLs so a 5.38 is actually where I want to go.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fantastic build.

OP
OP
KermitBronco

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you add a body lift? what size?
Great eye!
As a stop-gap measure for our 37", we used the BroncBuster 3" body lift kit first on the stock Bilstein shocks and then with the Fox 2.5 which were under sprung for our weight. They served their purpose but it was a wee bit scary on off-camber stuff. It is also why I've refrained from posting until now - I didn't love the look.
The before w/ 3" body lift and droopy rear and then after with no body lift really shows how preferable it is to have properly calibrated coil-overs.

Ford Bronco @KermitBronco ULTIMATE Badlands Build Coyote1023@KermitBronco-55

Ford Bronco @KermitBronco ULTIMATE Badlands Build WR11 Kermit

Ford Bronco @KermitBronco ULTIMATE Badlands Build ElSegundo@KermitBronco

Last edited:

autodemic

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We got it weighed and confirmed we added ~1,500 pounds.
My Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 Hardtop only has 929 lbs of cargo capacity including occupants. I would assume yours would be nearly identical. Is that 1,500 lbs a typo or am I missing something here? If that doesn’t include passengers you are easily hitting double the cargo capacity rating.

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are those aftermarket wheel well liners?

OP
OP
KermitBronco

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are those aftermarket wheel well liners?
Stock liners for now - rear are stock and front we had to cut out the felt liners. Waiting on American Adventure Lab to release liners for Bronco. Their Jeep liners are considered best-in-class.

OP
OP
KermitBronco

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 Hardtop only has 929 lbs of cargo capacity including occupants. I would assume yours would be nearly identical. Is that 1,500 lbs a typo or am I missing something here? If that doesn’t include passengers you are easily hitting double the cargo capacity rating.
Ha, ha, ha - no typo. Since this is public forum, I'll offer this - I worked with a bunch of engineers at Ford Performance, Dana and Fox. 90% of the weight is down super low (steel bash plates, rock sliders, Dana 60, Dana 44, Spicer XTreme splines, 37" wheels, RTR rear bumper, hitch, Eibach springs, etc.). And a bunch of that weight is unsprung. The only weight up top is the AAL storage which isn't that heavy, the Dometic Fridge and 60 pounds of Dakota Lithium batteries + RedArc electronics and the TrailRax rack and lightweight Heretic Studio lights.