Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Haven't tried it since the first week..... waiting for others to say "It's fixed"
I haven't had a chance to test it, but with a trip I'm taking next week I suddenly have little faith in it.
Sponsored

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like the Android play store app was recently updated on October 26, 2023. I also downloaded the Avenza app since Hidden Falls Adventure Park has free trail maps and layers for it. Only have a couple park roads and one trail in the Bronco Trail app so far compared to the full listing and offline map with GPS on Avenza. However, interested to see if my Pixel 8 Pro can record video in 1080p on the Bronco Trail App latest update without freezing, etc.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey everyone, I am involved with the development of this app. To start, anying I say/my recommendations/etc are all my own and do not represent the views or statements of Ford. I will try to answer questions that I can, but will not be able to give out any timelines/upcoming features/etc.
Any idea what needs to be done to get past the "Vehicle not supported" error message when launching the app on the SYNC screen? App works on the phone. All permissions are enabled. Bronco is a '23 OBX High package (built after the launch of this app).

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe need to have the NAV subscription for it to work?

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea what needs to be done to get past the "Vehicle not supported" error message when launching the app on the SYNC screen? App works on the phone. All permissions are enabled. Bronco is a '23 OBX High package (built after the launch of this app).
Maybe try looking at this post. One of the users reports disconnecting Car Play (maybe it's the same as AA) and then enabling permissions and hooking it up again?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe try looking at this post. One of the users reports disconnecting Car Play (maybe it's the same as AA) and then enabling permissions and hooking it up again?
I'll try it again. I've already did so. I'll start by deleting the app and downloading it again. Just think it is a buggy piece of crap developed by Ford's Rockstars.

Neverowneda4x4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The app was connecting to my vehicle as I was preparing for a trip. I downloaded some trails and when I got to my first one, it ran fine. I stopped for a bit, about 5 minutes in, to air down and take some photos. The tire pressure monitor said I lost connection to my vehicle. I tried turning it back on to reconnect but it said the applink was not connecting. The app disappeared from the mobile apps list in the bronco settings. I've tried to get it to reconnect since returning to civilization. It does not even appear in the play store anymore. Was the app recalled/ removed? I'd love to hear an official answer so I can start looking into a new trail app ( before spending money on a subscription).

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The app was connecting to my vehicle as I was preparing for a trip. I downloaded some trails and when I got to my first one, it ran fine. I stopped for a bit, about 5 minutes in, to air down and take some photos. The tire pressure monitor said I lost connection to my vehicle. I tried turning it back on to reconnect but it said the applink was not connecting. The app disappeared from the mobile apps list in the bronco settings. I've tried to get it to reconnect since returning to civilization. It does not even appear in the play store anymore. Was the app recalled/ removed? I'd love to hear an official answer so I can start looking into a new trail app ( before spending money on a subscription).
The app was indeed pulled man. I answered this in another similar thread just now.

Weā€™re never going to get much for free anyway. There is a reason for the subscriptions, as land usage and permits change often, so keeping up with all of that mapping is done by people and people must be paid to be motivated to work. Iā€™m sure you donā€™t or didnā€™t work for free either.

I use GAIA GPS and recently started paying for and using Trails Offroad. I donā€™t pay for OnX or use it, but many love it.

Paying allows for downloading maps which can be critical in the backcountry.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The app was indeed pulled man. I answered this in another similar thread just now.

Weā€™re never going to get much for free anyway. There is a reason for the subscriptions, as land usage and permits change often, so keeping up with all of that mapping is done by people and people must be paid to be motivated to work. Iā€™m sure you donā€™t or didnā€™t work for free either.

I use GAIA GPS and recently started paying for and using Trails Offroad. I donā€™t pay for OnX or use it, but many love it.

Paying allows for downloading maps which can be critical in the backcountry.
I want to inject a point Iā€™ve made on a couple of these threads now just so peopleā€™s expectations donā€™t get too highā€¦.

NONE of these services - paid or free - are usable on the dash screen of your Bronco.

Lemmie splainā€¦

They all have 2 interfaces. The cool phone/tablet/laptop interface that you see screenshots and videos of. And the Bronco dash interface. Not same. Not even similar. And nothing resembling useful.

So when you see people here or elsewhere reviewing them with ā€œoh GAIA is greatā€ and ā€I used Trails Offroad for this and thatā€œ keep in mind they are talking about using it on their computing devices. Not the Bronco dash screen. Once you cast any of these services to the Bronco dash - they all instantly become retarded.

Oh sure, youā€™ll see a pretty map. But a map of what? You canā€™t know. It wonā€™t tell you. What scale are you looking at? Is that next turn a few hundred feet ahead or a few miles ahead? You canā€™t know. It wonā€™t tell you. The names of roads/mountains/places are all stripped away so you donā€™t even know WHAT road that is up ahead even if you did know how far away it was.

Just donā€™t want anybody being like me and thinking any of these services is something that can actually be used on your nice 12ā€ Bronco display. The companies all say they can. But thatā€™s just a bullshit sales pitch so they can sound mod. There are zero useful features available on the Carplay interface.

Nowā€¦.go ahead and use them on your phone/laptop/tablet and youā€™ll be good, however.

Caveat Emptor

tobyw

Wildtrak
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want to inject a point Iā€™ve made on a couple of these threads now just so peopleā€™s expectations donā€™t get too highā€¦.

NONE of these services - paid or free - are usable on the dash screen of your Bronco.

Lemmie splainā€¦

They all have 2 interfaces. The cool phone/tablet/laptop interface that you see screenshots and videos of. And the Bronco dash interface. Not same. Not even similar. And nothing resembling useful.

So when you see people here or elsewhere reviewing them with ā€œoh GAIA is greatā€ and ā€I used Trails Offroad for this and thatā€œ keep in mind they are talking about using it on their computing devices. Not the Bronco dash screen. Once you cast any of these services to the Bronco dash - they all instantly become retarded.

Oh sure, youā€™ll see a pretty map. But a map of what? You canā€™t know. It wonā€™t tell you. What scale are you looking at? Is that next turn a few hundred feet ahead or a few miles ahead? You canā€™t know. It wonā€™t tell you. The names of roads/mountains/places are all stripped away so you donā€™t even know WHAT road that is up ahead even if you did know how far away it was.

Just donā€™t want anybody being like me and thinking any of these services is something that can actually be used on your nice 12ā€ Bronco display. The companies all say they can. But thatā€™s just a bullshit sales pitch so they can sound mod. There are zero useful features available on the Carplay interface.

Nowā€¦.go ahead and use them on your phone/laptop/tablet and youā€™ll be good, however.

Caveat Emptor
I dunno about all that... As an onX user, I can say with certainty that the map in satellite image mode is extremely easy to comprehend in terms of speed/distance. I grant you there isn't a scale, but I can sure tell where I'm at and when to expect that next turn within a pretty reasonable margin. Similarly, the roads/trails are all labeled and legible just fine on the Bronco screen, not just my device of choice.

Just some feedback from a simpleton onX user, I cannot speak to any of the other options out there.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lemmie splainā€¦

Caveat Emptor
Dude, I donā€™t need you to speak for me or try to translate; particularly when youā€™re dead wrong.

I can and DO use GAIA and Trails Offroad ON MY BRONCO SCREEN. You can also interact with the apps. Itā€™s CarPlay and thatā€˜s what CarPlay does, not just serve as a mirror of the phone.

I can mark a waypoint, start or stop recording a track, etc using GAIA.

Think you maybe want to actually use the apps in your Bronco before pontificating nonsense. So, all of these top companies are all wrong, but you, YOU are the all knowing?

Get lost with the yapping man. :cautious:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Further, until you pay for the subscription, trail Apps are useless, even on your phone. Why? Because thereā€™s no cell coverage off-road or at least not enough to depend on.

So, when you subscribe, you get to download offline maps. I subscribe to GAIA and Trails Offroad to have full access since I actually go out off-roading. None are too expensive and theyā€™ll all save your butt from getting in bad situations.

If you donā€™t wish to pay the people who keep tracks updated, cool, use a paper map and feel all retro, but paper maps should always be backups in your rig. Plan and youā€™ll stay safe and have a good time.

Learning GAIA was fun and there is a lot to nerd out on.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dude, I donā€™t need you to speak for me or try to translate; particularly when youā€™re dead wrong.

I can and DO use GAIA and Trails Offroad ON MY BRONCO SCREEN. You can also interact with the apps. Itā€™s CarPlay and thatā€˜s what CarPlay does, not just serve as a mirror of the phone.

I can mark a waypoint, start or stop recording a track, etc using GAIA.

Think you maybe want to actually use the apps in your Bronco before pontificating nonsense. So, all of these top companies are all wrong, but you, YOU are the all knowing?

Get lost with the yapping man. :cautious:

:oops: yeow!! Anger management issues much?

I wasnā€™t speaking for you. Donā€™t know you. Donā€™t wanna know you. And personally donā€™t give a flyinā€™ f what you do with your screen.

But I do know what you DONā€™T do with your screenā€¦..you do not have any scale on your screen indicating distance with those apps.

If Iā€™m wrongā€¦.take a pic and Iā€™ll admit it. Iā€™d actually be happy to be wrong.

(I doubt Iā€™ll get the same courtesy from you)
Sponsored