Sponsored

Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small

Which looks better on the Bronco - Large or small ditch lights?

• Total voters

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there's lots of posts on B6G around ditch lights and the various types, but I didn't come across one that asks this question: Which ditch lights look the best on the Bronco?

I realize there's light output, pattern, back lighting, etc. as all other features to consider too, but if we're just talking aesthetics in a general sense, which would you go with? Something small and low profile, or something much larger and aggressive? Please note: The examples in the attached poll are not the specific models I'm looking at, and only provided as examples of size.

Interested to hear your insights - Would love to see some pictures of your setup. Also curious if anyone has ditch lights that are easy to turn? What I mean is I may need additional auxiliary lighting when parked, pointed a certain direction (kind of like a spotlight I suppose). Curious if there's anything on the market which allows for easy movement without tools (or minimal tools/ease-ability)?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hard to go much larger than LP4’s in that space.
Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small IMG_6852

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simply from an aesthetics perspective, all the square shaped ones look stupid.

A round light works with the Bronco. Ridgid 360 4" would be at the top of my list, but I also have a pair of their 6" lights on the winch mount.

If you want a light that moves while stationary, get a handheld spotlight.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a big fan of a light with a square bezel on the A Pillar. The square form factor aesthetically matches the rectangular windshield and framing.

Where as rounds look great bumper mounted, matching the headlamps/fog lamps. and oddly enough, up top on the roof line - but I suspect thats the retro flavours coming through.

These design choices are shown on my ride.
SS5 Sports A Pillar
LP9 Pros on the bumper

I feel that size really isn’t a contributing factor, if the vehicle has a nice flow to it. Personally, LP4/6’s don’t belong on the A Pillar. Too round, too powerful, not enough flood (unless you are actually throwing the light straight down range)

Bad ass mounts makes an adjustable cowl bracket. Do note, that the bigger the light, the more strategic the mounting has to be with the antenna in the way

Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small December 09, 2023_2020

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some really good comments so far - Thanks folks.

For reference, this is an old head-on view of my Bronco, so it might help in the conversation:

Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small IMG_2604

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

True. Sorry… didn’t really address your post. I just couldn’t remember the manufacturer of the LP4s so I googled. The y-shaped light was in the search results.

Anyway, I’m with the first response to this thread… LP4s all the way!

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with Morimoto 4 Bangers with the HXB led chips. They are very bright and have a small footprint. I like them alot! And not to mention the Rigid light bar on the bumper.

20240119_074836.jpg

20240119_074658.jpg

20230903_202034.jpg

20230903_201948.jpg

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know there's lots of posts on B6G around ditch lights and the various types, but I didn't come across one that asks this question: Which ditch lights look the best on the Bronco?

I realize there's light output, pattern, back lighting, etc. as all other features to consider too, but if we're just talking aesthetics in a general sense, which would you go with? Something small and low profile, or something much larger and aggressive? Please note: The examples in the attached poll are not the specific models I'm looking at, and only provided as examples of size.

Interested to hear your insights - Would love to see some pictures of your setup. Also curious if anyone has ditch lights that are easy to turn? What I mean is I may need additional auxiliary lighting when parked, pointed a certain direction (kind of like a spotlight I suppose). Curious if there's anything on the market which allows for easy movement without tools (or minimal tools/ease-ability)?

Thanks!
My favorite are the XL80 from Baja Designs. I think they are just the right size. I've ran them all and currently run the Diode Dynamics SS5.

The XL80 just seem to fit great and offer a tremendous amount of light. If you didn't want to pay the $$ for the XL80 you can do the XL series (which is a larger version of the Squadron).

Our MOST POPULAR kit that we sell however are the Diode Dynamics SS3 (similar in size to the Baja Designs Squadron).

So maybe check out the Diode Dynamics SS3. You get a lot for your money over the Baja Designs Squadrons. But the next step up in size with Diode Dynamics would be the SS5, which are big.

Baja Designs A-Pillar Kit for 2021+ Ford Bronco w/KR Off-Road Brackets
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-a-pillar-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-w-kr-off-road-brackets/

Baja Designs Squadron
Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small 1712596344435-re

Baja Designs XL
Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small 1712596354738-e

Diode Dynamics Stage Series SS5 Ditch Light Kit for 2021+ Ford Bronco
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss5-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small DIode2

Diode Dynamics Stage Series SS3 Ditch Light Kit for 2021+ Ford Bronco
https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small 317680893_1165745397702348_4138906612042622584_n

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking at BluMak for minimal wind noise, minimal hood glare, and minimal view blockage.

Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small 1712598515020-ey

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the XL80s for true ditch lights, they are on the larger size from my other rig with squadron pros. The squadron pros definitely look better IMO but the light output does not compare.

Most night runs I will take the bronco with the XL80s rather than my jeep with the squadron pros. There is a night run with the XL80s in my signature through different types of terrain/environments.

Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small FB_IMG_1695217663730

Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small 20231130_112125

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since you already have a pile of square lights probably some 3-4” square pods would match best…for me I like the look of old school round lights so daylighters are it, but I actually went with SAE fog and driving pods with small ditch pods, saving the Daylighters for up top…plenty of light for me…
Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small IMG_0559
Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small IMG_3045

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking at BluMak for minimal wind noise, minimal hood glare, and minimal view blockage.

Ford Bronco Ditch Lights - Large vs. Small IMG_3045
Dang it, I forgot about this option. I do like the look of this...
Sponsored