4L reverse camera issue on 8 inch screen.. Ford what is update

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish the "fix" Ford would provide for this issue, was to completely delete that stupid screen from the dash. I hate having that ridiculous TV in my vehicle.
Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish the "fix" Ford would provide for this issue, was to completely delete that stupid screen from the dash. I hate having that ridiculous TV in my vehicle.
You know you can do this, right? Nothing on the planet is stopping you. Cover it. Install a fiberglass cap. Fill and bondo over it.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know you can do this, right? Nothing on the planet is stopping you. Cover it. Install a fiberglass cap. Fill and bondo over it.
I don't know that I'd put Bondo over it... For the most part, I turn it off before driving, but I wish there was a way in Forscan to have it default to "off".

Had there been an option to delete the screen and have the climate controls where the screen is. I would have definitely done that.

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know that I'd put Bondo over it... For the most part, I turn it off before driving, but I wish there was a way in Forscan to have it default to "off".

Had there been an option to delete the screen and have the climate controls where the screen is. I would have definitely done that.
Yep, everyone wants a huge screen to further distract their eyes from the road. Most vehicles now that get the bigger screens looks like the engineers said, "I'm going to throw this television here". It looks completely non-integrated. I'm with you, I have purchased radio delete plates for every one of my vintage vehicles. Having the option for no screen and climate controls where it was would've been killer.

I specifically ordered the smaller screen, rubber floors, and MGV because I didn't want any fluff. I like to drive with the window down and enjoy the outdoors.

Yeah I'm old and crotchity and I just prefer a simple off road rig.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base

You can turn it off. I think there is either a fuse or a wire you can snip. I’d need to dig a bit but I’m 110% sure a wire cut would shut it right off.

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any update on this? My bronco is at the dealership for multiple recall/warranty issues and this is one of them. Ford is sending them a new APIM. Mine’s a 2022 with 8” screen

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any update on this? My bronco is at the dealership for multiple recall/warranty issues and this is one of them. Ford is sending them a new APIM. Mine’s a 2022 with 8” screen
Mine was fixed by an OTA update in December. 4.2.2 I believe. The compass on the infotainment screen is now stuck on North however.

Eljohno

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm thinking that an update must have fixed mine, it hasn't happened in awhile.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine was fixed by an OTA update in December. 4.2.2 I believe. The compass on the infotainment screen is now stuck on North however.
I'm thinking that an update must have fixed mine, it hasn't happened in awhile.
8" screens? The ford engineer had the dealer replace the APIM which didn't fix it and dealer is now saying it's just a characteristic of the vehicle. Pretty sure I had a safety recall show up in the Ford App initially, but it's gone. I didn't think it was legal to sell highway vehicles in the US that leave the video on while driving, with no way to get it to turn off. What's up @Ford Motor Company ?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

8" screens? The ford engineer had the dealer replace the APIM which didn't fix it and dealer is now saying it's just a characteristic of the vehicle. Pretty sure I had a safety recall show up in the Ford App initially, but it's gone. I didn't think it was legal to sell highway vehicles in the US that leave the video on while driving, with no way to get it to turn off. What's up @Ford Motor Company ?
Yes, 8". Working since December OTA,, north arrow still messed up though.
Sponsored