First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for your reply on this thread. It saved me a lot of time. My battery had run low because I was having the bronco on in accessory mode a lot while I worked to install some lights. Then only the driver's door would recognize the key. If found this thread, your answer, and that was my problem too.
Glad it helped! Really was a head scratcher for a while. Keep an eye out for it to happen again. Got my battery replaced under warranty because of this.
Sponsored

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
2021 OBX 4-Door. Can't find any threads on this.

Anyone else had their Keyless Entry (not the number pad, but by touching the door handle) stop working at the tailgate? Was working fine until a week or two ago. Still works at the driver's door. Can't find specific settings for it in the manual (below). My tech brain makes me suspect an OTA software update gone bad. Anyone have a fix? Trying to avoid needing a dealership service appointment.

1670272269745.png
How does the Bronco know it is you?
Seems sketchy.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad it helped! Really was a head scratcher for a while. Keep an eye out for it to happen again. Got my battery replaced under warranty because of this.
Granted this is an old thread but definitely useful. My previous fords all showed little electric gremlins before the battery's died out. Focus the power windows started acting goofy, Explorer the powerlift gate would get a mind of it's own when the button was pushed and everytime it was just a sign the battery was on it's way out

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Granted this is an old thread but definitely useful. My previous fords all showed little electric gremlins before the battery's died out. Focus the power windows started acting goofy, Explorer the powerlift gate would get a mind of it's own when the button was pushed and everytime it was just a sign the battery was on it's way out
Yeah, I've seen silly things like that related to the electrical sysetms. My last car was an '05 Mustang GT Convertible, so my '21 Bronco is lightyears ahead technologically. Seems that the electrical limp mode caused by a low battery is by design in the computer system.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model