Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I criticized people here for taking crappy photos and here I am taking crappy photos :( I screen shot some of these from a video I took of the car because the video show better then my photos. Also I think the car looks better in person then what this photos show

67E25204-13F6-4264-948E-C85AF6F71816.png

5416DBED-A861-4930-BDAE-BE457915C8FF.png

30D08E7C-37CC-499D-97A3-292F2142A074.png

DF058842-45F2-4D0A-B07C-7461A5302BC0.jpeg

0C6BD0FC-44A6-4163-91AE-A278C57D1E67.jpeg

D372DE4C-BA81-4E19-B5A3-421F9FF39FB0.jpeg
Just when I decided on Iconic Silver, these pics are pulling me back into the Cactus Camp ?
Sponsored

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well now, i have changed my whole build.. from OBX to BD... the 1 thing that didnt change was color.. CG all day every day.. on youtube vids with it, its the only color that changes as the light changes as the angle changes... i was all OBX w eventual white MIC top.. not anymore.. BD with all my black.. here is my new build.. what ya'll think?? this is for mudding in New Jersey and riding on the beach in Seaside State Park...

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/exterior/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|322A.E5D..NE...96B.AAMBA.47B.D5HAB.60R.63C.RET.EMT.99P.64H.]
How’d you save your build? I didn’t see a Save button on B&P. I used an iPad.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got to see the color today on a sport. In overcast it’s definitely more minty than I’d prefer in the color. Not sure it’s my top choice anymore.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 6FBFB33D-ECE0-4F56-ACF8-915F5069D7C2
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 6FBFB33D-ECE0-4F56-ACF8-915F5069D7C2

Where is this one at?

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mustang in fighter jet/cactus

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here's some of the first looks of Ranger in CG, to give you an idea of what the 4-door Bronco could look like with the big slab sides:

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. CG Ranger

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. CG Ranger2

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Screenshot_20201219-212740

And another user saw the color in person so they took a pic. I like that snow is in the foreground to give some white balance to the optical sensor:
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. F6A26B19-D993-438C-B437-9A4CDA8BD1E8

Plus the factory pic posted a few days back for comparison with different lighting:
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Ranger in Cactus

My overall impression of this color hasn't changed in the past 2-3 months. This is the goo left in condoms. Whatever this color is trying to do, it's doing it poorly all over the board and comes up with more questions about why it is the way it is rather than appreciating the way it is. Hopefully this will be a short-lived pallet option in Ford's fleet.

Sponsored

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oxford white is VERY white in factory lighting, leading many to believe the picture I used above is CG.
I agree Rick. I am pretty sure it was confirmed by Legend that was a ?G. I know you absolutely detest this color, but thanks anyway for posting the other pictures for us messed up folks that like it;)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree Rick. I am pretty sure it was confirmed by Legend that was a ?G. I know you absolutely detest this color, but thanks anyway for posting the other pictures for us messed up folks that like it;)
I was soooooooooo on board with the showcase paint color! Cannot stress enough how it would have been an excellent color to bridge the gap between generations of Bronco and a wonderful nod to the historic color pallet, really offering something fun for a year or two to those folks who don't like everything ultra-modern.

But hey, they offered a Deception-Gold dashboard for some trim levels, so there is, um uhhhhh, I guess that? Yea, that. (facepalm)

Condom Goo is the color that initially drew my eyes to Bronco an got me researching it more. I've never had an off road vehicle and never really considered having one. It's been a rocky ride since then!

Let us walk down memory lane of what the Showcase color was, and how beautiful it is. Because let's be serious, if you need a car in grayscale, and CG was actually a mint or pastel, there are still 5 other paint options for you. CG didn't need to become the 6th grayscale color in the same year's paint pallet, this isn't Mercedes or BMW.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. bingo

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 2021 Ford Bronco Employee Roundup 117467227_655201575182640_3226994505222005227_n

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. IMG_2209

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was soooooooooo on board with the showcase paint color! Cannot stress enough how it would have been an excellent color to bridge the gap between generations of Bronco and a wonderful nod to the historic color pallet, really offering something fun for a year or two to those folks who don't like everything ultra-modern.

But hey, they offered a Deception-Gold dashboard for some trim levels, so there is, um uhhhhh, I guess that? Yea, that. (facepalm)

Condom Goo is the color that initially drew my eyes to Bronco an got me researching it more. I've never had an off road vehicle and never really considered having one. It's been a rocky ride since then!

Let us walk down memory lane of what the Showcase color was, and how beautiful it is. Because let's be serious, if you need a car in grayscale, and CG was actually a mint or pastel, there are still 5 other paint options for you. CG didn't need to become the 6th grayscale color in the same year's paint pallet, this isn't Mercedes or BMW.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. IMG_2209

I actually agree with you 100% in this. This showcase color literally took my breath away on the reveal day. If they told me that model cost 70k I would have sent them a check that day. I would have been pretty happy if there was a old school green color offered (Filson concept) as well. I see a wrap in my future.

In the end it turns out that I am a fairly uninteresting basic girl ;) and cactus gray i like quite a bit....or enough till I can wrap it in that gorgeous showcase color. Absolutely agree that there were plenty of grayscale colors to choose from and bummed they moved away from the showcase color(my F150 is carb gray and I would have been happy with that...except matchy matchy isn't my jam.) Even I have to admit there have been some massive face palms on the color schemes through out.

I have grown up in 4x4 rigs my whole life so my excitement lies with the build itself. Good luck with that "rocky road" and I hope you get out there and enjoy one.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Found this ranger in cactus gray over the weekend. Great looking color on a truck. I was dead set on this color for the badlands but with the B&P fix for pricing I may now go wildtrak, which with the Area 51 accents, will not go well with cactus gray in my opinion.
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 1608582109939
Sponsored