Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
They put a lot of effort into that "bed" with the sculpted fenders and no camo- odd detail before it reaches the cab. The metal work is perfect. I am guessing it is about 5.0' long.
Appears quite similar to the ruby red one shown on Motor1.com a few months back.

I think this is the 2 door, Coyote powered Bronco without it's lid...
Sponsored

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So F150 cab only is 80 wide. Wrangler rubicon is 74 outside tire to outside tire.
If you want top one up that, with an even wider OW to OW (say 76), is an 80 wide cab
for testing that far off??

f150-raptor-singlecab-012-1559845835.jpg

1" or so more BS on each wheel and you are right around 2" between edge of body and OW.....

And if you wanted to make sure your top line offroad mid size truck was beefy, why not use what
you have already with your half ton susp components and axles.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure how much I can say without getting myself in trouble but those aluminum plates are not functional bumpers in any ford vehicle. They are however used to mount additional equipment during testing, most often wide skid bars for testing on the skid pad. (an anti-rollover feature) I don't think that's a secret. The bronco will be based on the ranger program but will need to perform significantly better offroad. The engineers know this. I am glad that we are bench marking a chopped raptors off-road performance but I am also glad that this bronco will officially be a midsize vehicle.

NM Design

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2010 Raptor, 2002 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting take from TFL on what they think of the spy shots. They seem to be on the not a bronco side.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's a test mule. Without knowing what is being tested, everything is speculation.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, then I say it's a drivetrain mule.
That's the only thing I think this is likely to have in common with Bronco. Can't fit the parts in current gen Ranger body, so lets put them in this full size Raptor body, which might be about the same wheelbase and weight. Could explain why the exhaust system got chopped up. We know the Coyote can fit in there, and plenty of room for pretty much any other engine setup -- or for that matter, it could be testing the 7-speed manual and no one would even notice. Most people will be distracted by the obvious exterior.

No polkadots. :thumbsup:

78CreamBrownie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I think this is Ford being sneaky. This is probably them just testing something we cannot see and decided to put it on this weird mule and drive it around to get press. I would bet we never find out what this is or what they were testing.

It sure is heck isn't a Bronco.

Sponsored

cobalt1365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 4Runner V8
What's up everyone! I've been lurking for a while, and I just signed up to comment on this thread.

Since all we have to go on is wild speculation, I had a thought...
The FSB shared a lot with the F-150, and the Bronco II was based on a Ranger, which was closer in proportion to the original Bronco than the FSB. Since we know that the announced Bronco is based on the T6 platform shared with the Ranger, could this be a mule for another Bronco based on the F-150? Ford did have 2 Broncos at once in the 80s and 90s in the Bronco and Bronco II...

If Ford wants to spin off Bronco as its own sub-brand, could we be getting 3 trucks in close succession? Something like:
Full-size Raptor Bronco, analogous to the FSB
T6 Bronco (the one we've been teased about), analogous to the original Bronco & Ranger-based similar to the Bronco II
Baby Bronco ("Maverick?") on supposed unibody Courier platform?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IFS and solid rear?
Is that front axle even driven? I can't tell on this phone.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Upscaling to the F150 Raptor in order to get wider than a Wrangler just isn't necessary. The Ranger Raptor is less than an inch narrower than its big brother, 85.6" v 86.3" -- they are both ridiculously wide.

https://jalopnik.com/how-the-ford-ranger-raptor-measures-up-to-the-real-rapt-1822810030

Yet strangely enough, with all those ponderously large dimensions, they still just manage half the wheel travel that a factory side-by-side can get -- their arms are just too short to be useful, even the 'long' ones the Raptors get ...

Velociraptor-info-graphic.png
Sponsored