Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has nothing to do with it being "plastic". As you say they are all plastic these days. It's that the plastic is thin, wavy, flimsy, ill fitting and feels cheap, just like my F-150. A $20k Hyundai Elantra makes my $63k trucks interior look like an absolute joke in every single regard and category. The Bronco is better than my F-150, but certainly still not up to par with foreign car manufacturers, and not even as good as other new Ford Products like the Mach E, new F-150, etc.

I think ford was too obsessed with competing with the Wrangler on base price and so made huge compromises with interior quality to get there. The interior is just ok for a $30k base SUV, but most of these are going to be between $50k-$60k, and they did very, very little to improve the quality in upper trims.
The base 2-door Wrangler comes with soft top and doesn’t even have air-conditioning, and is priced higher than the Base Bronco. I require air-conditioning.

The Bronco value proposition whips Wrangler’s ass in every regard.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until I found this forum, I’d never heard discussion of “hard” vs. “soft-touch” plastics regarding car dashes or anything else. I’ve never even thought about a need to be touching and feeling the dash. The Bronco dash looks amazing to me.

I got a chuckle out of the idea that plastic fake “wood grain” is a higher grade of plastic than plastic that is grey.
I wouldn’t say it’s a higher grade; it has a higher quality look. Looks can be deceiving though.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2020 ranger... And not until this forum did I notice that everything in the interior is plastic. Dash, door panels, it has a cheap steering wheel... Plastic console...and now.. I still don't care. It's a truck and it looks good. Regardless of what I do to it. I like the bronco design even more. Y'all whine about pretty much everything. You'd bitch about the soft touch and higher end materials too when they either de-lame due to sun and water or are a pain in the ass to clean and fade and stain.... So there's no pleasing some of you.
dumbledore-frustrated.gif
I drove my sons Ranger yesterday out to a family vacation spot in Western MI. I hear reviews where people say the interior is dated, plastic is hard, whatever. I think it looks good and is comfortable. But more importantly, when I tried to turn around at the beach when we missed our turn, the sand was pillow soft and we sunk immediately. I put it in 4H, locked the rear axle and and drove right out. All that with three of us in the truck, comfortable for 3 hrs and 23mpg. I love it and the Bronco builds on that platform!

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We had a Mazda 6. One of the reasons we bought that car was because it had a really nice interior and for the money spent a really well rounded $27k sedan. Our other vehicle at the time was an 07 Taco. For me at least, when I was bouncing around the property in the taco, working on whatever project at the time, I just didn't worry about getting in with dirt on my hands, or mud on my feet. Completely different story when we were headed out in the Mazda. Some folks are gonna get the Outer Banks for the nicer interior and will treat it accordingly. Others will get a base and use it to carry Kayaks, and dirt bikes, mountain bikes and won't think twice about getting in and out covered in dirt and sweat! It's all in how you think, look at things....Type a: That cheap ass interior just doesn't work for me!. Type b: That interior is amazing, I can't wait to go to the car wash after the races to wash the dirt bikes and then just hose out the Bronco! My 2 cents!

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone on here lately seems to want a Bronco with a Bentley interior, F350 tow ratings and Prius mileage. Good luck with that.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove my sons Ranger yesterday out to a family vacation spot in Western MI. I hear reviews where people say the interior is dated, plastic is hard, whatever. I think it looks good and is comfortable. But more importantly, when I tried to turn around at the beach when we missed our turn, the sand was pillow soft and we sunk immediately. I put it in 4H, locked the rear axle and and drove right out. All that with three of us in the truck, comfortable for 3 hrs and 23mpg. I love it and the Bronco builds on that platform!
I damn near bought a Ranger in 19! I really like that truck, but the F150 towing ability won out!

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone on here lately seems to want a Bronco with a Bentley interior, F350 tow ratings and Prius mileage. Good luck with that.
Well, how about Ford Explorer tow rating? 😃 I kid….sort of….

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This plastic feels cheaper than other plastics. I can't think of another way to say it, wife said the same thing. It's not throw your hands up forget it , but it feels cheaper than my f150...which is plastic. I don't think anyone is looking for exotic woods...but some of it feels like a 15k honda civic, not a 60k truck.

just my 2c
I think the problem with all the references to a 50 or $60,000 car, is that the money in this case is not going into the interior, but into the off-road capabilities and tech. You can’t expect to get everything for that price.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you think about it, why do most cars even have carpet? Because at some point many decades ago it was added back when people thought the car should be their living room.

Kind of surprised nobody here complains there is no vase on the dash for a flower arrangement.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With washout floors, I just realized that technically I no longer have to stop to pee on long trips. 😂

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My level of concern over this is none. None concerned.

My Colorado's interior is a potpourri of mismatched tackle box plastic. The Bronco will be a lateral move, if not a step up.

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was going to make this a reply in a thread, instead of a new thread, but it seems to be mentioned and griped about in every thread eventually.

What cars have y’all had in the last few decades that DIDN’T have plastic dash materials? What do y’all think dashboards are made of? Unless you have maybe a Jaguar Vanden Plas with luxurious, exotic woods on top of—you guessed it—plastic, your dash is made mostly of plastics.

I’ve had some pretty nice vehicles, and every dash of every car since the Spartan metal dash panel (with vinyl padded dash top added) of my early Bronco has been plastic.

I’m just curious, because the griping about “plastic interior” has become its own culture, and I’m puzzled why.

When I rushed to reserve a Bronco on 7/13/2021, I didn’t even care what the dash looked like. Turns out, it looks like a space ship, it to hear y’all tell it, it’s a Barbie Jeep.
Well, my Mercedes, which cost a little more than my Bronco will, and my Alfa Romeo, which cost a little less than my Bronco will, both have a stitched leather dash.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My $82k RAM is sooooo much nicer than what my $41k bronco that will be used, abused and driven through the woods will be. Ford really dropped the ball on this one.

lol.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.