redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the second video of the How To Bronco series, Vaughn and Loren share their knowledge on how to lift your Ford Bronco. They go over the types of lift options and encourage you to select the best option that best suits your lifestyle. Check out the video below to learn more about the lifting options for your Ford Bronco.

Vaughn and Loren go over several styles of lift options such as spring perch collars, coilover suspension and the new RTR Spacer Lift Kit. Below you can see the RTR Spacer Lift Kit installed on a non-SAS Bronco Black Diamond equipped with factory wheels and tires.

BroncoSpacerLiftKitBeforeAfter.jpg

Thanks for posting. Very informative and not just for Bronco, many points can be used in any lifted application. Glad to see you are working with Weld74 to get their portals out for the Bronc. And remember to take it easy on us common folks when pricing them ๐Ÿ˜„ Many of us do not have an unlimited racing budget. j/k.

Keeping my eyes peeled for the Fun-Haver bumpers by far the best bumper out there. IMO. ;)
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awsome vid and info!!! I love the smirks on their faces when they were talking about all the crazy shit they did with a stock SAS.

I remember seeing a very early IG post that had Loren getting out of the Bronc, with I huge smile on his face, walking over to Lovell and saying "You just should not be able to do that" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

orange_methodology

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video! Thanks for making it.

OP
OP
RTR Vehicles

RTR Vehicles

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
RTR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rtrvehicles.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RTR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Informative video, but I can't help but feel this was Ford going hey guys we need to get some info out so we don't have to pay Warranty claims.
Vaughn and Loren thought this would be a good way to share their knowledge with the rest of the community.

Sponsored

andysaurus_rex

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great video! And I didn't know that RTR had a spacer kit available. I ended up going with a Rough Country kit.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting. Very informative and not just for Bronco, many points can be used in any lifted application. Glad to see you are working with Weld74 to get their portals out for the Bronc. And remember to take it easy on us common folks when pricing them ๐Ÿ˜„ Many of us do not have an unlimited racing budget. j/k.

Keeping my eyes peeled for the Fun-Haver bumpers by far the best bumper out there. IMO. ;)
Their Jeep portals start at like $24k
https://motorsports.74weld.com/product/jeep-portal/

Bronco site:
https://motorsports.74weld.com/bronco/

I'm wondering if I could go with a 55 offset wheel on the portals to narrow the extended width of the portal gear box.

thecaptain

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Terrific video. Laid it all out in simple, easy-to-understand fashion.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would add , get the correct spring rate especially if you have bumpers and lots of accessories
I know you were working on a spreadsheet that listed the various stock spring rates and from that it was obvious the rates increased with things like a 2.7 vs a 2.3 engine, 4-door vs 2-door but Iโ€™ve yet to see anything showing the actual OEM spring rates. Iโ€™m just wondering if youโ€™ve discovered anything on this topic over the last few months that listed actual OEM spring rates to take some of the guess work out of it or if you completed the spreadsheet.

I increased the weight of my 2-door by about 200# with aftermarket skids, bumper and winch, mostly on the front half, and Iโ€™ve been thinking about a coil over lift or more likely a heavier set of springs to help compensate and get back to stock ride height.

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know you were working on a spreadsheet that listed the various stock spring rates and from that it was obvious the rates increased with things like a 2.7 vs a 2.3 engine, 4-door vs 2-door but Iโ€™ve yet to see anything showing the actual OEM spring rates. Iโ€™m just wondering if youโ€™ve discovered anything on this topic over the last few months that listed actual OEM spring rates to take some of the guess work out of it or if you completed the spreadsheet.

I increased the weight of my 2-door by about 200# with aftermarket skids, bumper and winch, mostly on the front half, and Iโ€™ve been thinking about a coil over lift or more likely a heavier set of springs to help compensate and get back to stock ride height.
I havenโ€™t really gotten anymore info.Felt more like a dead end trying to find actual spring rates.

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So- thoughts on 5100โ€™s or 6100โ€™s vs these options. I have them on a 4 Runner and Tahoe and so far so good, thinking about some for my 2dr

Brak101

Badlands
First Name
Brak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty good info, but they lost me when they said spring spacers changes the spring rate of the spring. That is not possible. The spring rate is the spring rate, and would not ride any rougher, unless the shock bottomed out.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
there is always a conspiracy out there for every scenario

BTW, talk to any off-roader and all of them will agree that the correct way to lift a vehicle is via coilovers and NOT spacers above the shock.

And do you know why most people don't do coilovers? Because it happens to be the most expensive route.

At the end of the day most companies will sell whatever the customer wants to buy and most customers go the cheap route.

Informative video, but I can't help but feel this was Ford going hey guys we need to get some info out so we don't have to pay Warranty claims.

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty good info, but they lost me when they said spring spacers changes the spring rate of the spring. That is not possible. The spring rate is the spring rate, and would not ride any rougher, unless the shock bottomed out.
Spacers are just adding more preload to the spring to stiffen things up and in turn increase lift. It gives you less travel overall before the spring is fully compressed
Sponsored