BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems like Ford is giving us the neutrals and primary colors first, rolling out the secondary/speciality colors for model years beyond MY21 to keep the enthusiasm and demand as strong as possible. Would be nice to see one or two greens, at least one real orange, some sort of violet/purple, and some drabs like tans, browns, olives, etc.

I'm all for Ford releasing some of these on higher end trims and special models as long as Ford doesn't only offer this green on a "Heritage" model that replaces the First Edition at a similar price point. My wife and I simply can't/don't want to spend that much on a Bronco (we'd probably go as high as the Badlands trim to get this green). We will have to settle for something else if it's FE-only, probably go back to our original plan of a BaseManSquatch in Carbonized Grey.
Sponsored

Last edited:

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Definitely getting this color now. Will look great with the Visco retro design decal package.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It sort of stands to reason that it's not two separate colors, primarily due to the fact that there was no reference to more than one color by Levine in response to the tweets and in the initial tweet showing the first can, and I guess it has some similarity in the darker photo when you consider the top of the handles where it hits the sun, but damn I want it to be two colors. Just not sure about this "emerald city" green.
I don't get the topic/talking point of this being two colors (at all, and not trying to single you out, simply quoted your thread as there were too many to multi-quote).

It's a metallic paint. Metallic paints will naturally look drastically different depending on the angle of viewing and light source/direction.

A simple example of this, using green paint colors so as to not get this too far away from those having difficulty with the subject matter:

Feel free to change the playback speed to 0.5 if you want a better demonstration of how metallic paints work with light direction.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's an in-progress render. This color is tricky.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ’š [Update: EVERGLADES GREEN confirmed by Levine?] Ford teases green color for 2022 Bronco Basesquatch Bronco in Everglades Green 2

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good job. Any chance you could do it with a badlands? I'm having a hard time figuring out if the gray grille would look weird with that green or not.
I think it looks pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ’š [Update: EVERGLADES GREEN confirmed by Levine?] Ford teases green color for 2022 Bronco Badlands Bronco in Everglades Green

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hear you Rick, and I do understand that there can be a pretty wide color shift on metallics especially. It's just that to me the low light/shade pictures seem to be so much flatter and darker than the sunlight photo that the shift seemed too great to be the same paint. But at the end of it, it was more what I hoped would be the case (2 paints) rather than what was probably the case (1 paint)

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it looks pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Badlands Bronco in Everglades Green.jpg
Thatโ€™s it! Iโ€™d be happy with an early CO BL, but if I have to wait, thatโ€™s my build right there! Thanks for the rendering!

<edit> sorry, those wheels with the BL build, but in 4dr. My bad.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This morning on IG.

E2A5254D-5D74-402A-8A96-07C899299FAB.jpeg
40D7D17C-2EA3-4B51-B9C8-1887E7F1EB42.jpeg
278E7A5C-DCC7-4BDA-9F8A-F4DB82CB2B24.jpeg
Looks like the same color and maybe even filmed in the same location as the cans. ๐Ÿค” Ford calls the color Forged Green Metallic.

Update: Not sure on same color part. The video of it never gets emerald like the can. Iโ€™m thinking this is just a dark green-gray mix.

Last edited:

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And that's the same color as the second can? if so, wow, that's a pretty dramatic color shift - and for the record, antimatter blue does not change that much in the sun.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks like the same color and maybe even filmed in the same location as the cans. ๐Ÿค” Ford calls the color Forged Green Metallic.
2022 Bronco color L9 option is my vegas bet.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forged Green Metallic or Forest Green Metallic? @Toccoa

*edit... they really went with "Forged" I thought it was an autocorrect, lol. Are they burning copper? I've never thought it a dark green when set aflame, but... I just don't get it.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ’š [Update: EVERGLADES GREEN confirmed by Levine?] Ford teases green color for 2022 Bronco 2021_Ford_Explorer_Timberline_2

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/2021-ford-explorer-timberline/

@peterh it looks about as dramatic as Velocity Blue's change from direct sun to shade, in person, but just my assumption at this point.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend