First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
TL;DR: The firewall on one of my servers was blocking another one of my servers.

One of my worker nodes in my cluster is having issues communicating with the master node. When my app goes to reach out to Ford's website on the worker node, it is having trouble looking up the website. I identified that there was a problem from some graphs I have...

Yellow good; red bad :(

Ford Bronco πŸ” New Bronco Order Tracker (Status, Shipping, Window Sticker & More) 1648245362591

I moved all my apps to the working master node while I tried to fix the issue. There were a few spikes while I moved apps back and forth to test the issue, but generally it's flattened out to a normal level.

I identified the issue to be a misconfigured firewall in my server cluster. I felt like an idiot when I saw it! Apparently that node never worked to begin with haha. I only started seeing the issue yesterday when my server balanced some applications to the misconfigured node and so roughly 50% of people had issues.

Two days ago when the issue first started (app was balanced to another server node):

Ford Bronco πŸ” New Bronco Order Tracker (Status, Shipping, Window Sticker & More) 1648245605203

All good now :D

Ford Bronco πŸ” New Bronco Order Tracker (Status, Shipping, Window Sticker & More) 1648245723528
Sponsored

joelee12

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine was in Awaiting Shipment for the last two weeks or so (I know my vehicle has been built) but now it says Status Unknown? @AndIAreSo any ideas why this may have happened? Anyone else experiencing this?

Ford Bronco πŸ” New Bronco Order Tracker (Status, Shipping, Window Sticker & More) AD67DB28-2D2F-4446-89B4-60A355E474CD

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine was in Awaiting Shipment for the last two weeks or so (I know my vehicle has been built) but now it says Status Unknown? @AndIAreSo any ideas why this may have happened? Anyone else experiencing this?

Ford Bronco πŸ” New Bronco Order Tracker (Status, Shipping, Window Sticker & More) AD67DB28-2D2F-4446-89B4-60A355E474CD
Hey!

You can DM me your information and I can troubleshoot on my end. I recently pushed a change this weekend to correct some errors, but may have zonked something else.

I just released an update today to visualize some of the errors that occur to the user. I'd give it a shot again today.

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
GENERAL PSA

ORDER NUMBERS are not the same as reservation numbers!

I'd say about 10% of users are getting errors due to putting the wrong order number in the search.

An order number is a 4 letter/number sequence.

It will be visible on the sticker (the 4 letter/number sequence in the item # box) or alternatively given to you when a reservation converts into an order. If you ordered (not reserved) a vehicle, it will be on the dealer order summary sheet they give you when you purchase.

There are a few interconnected systems that will pull data from either the VIN, order number, or both. I just released an update to allow these errors to pass back to the user, but it's not yet perfect.

BasSas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry =/
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@AndIAreSo

What does ”Vehicle Status Picked” mean?
This wasn’t on there this morning…does that mean it was actually picked up by the convoy? πŸ€žπŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ
Ford Bronco πŸ” New Bronco Order Tracker (Status, Shipping, Window Sticker & More) 0A3EAEE3-E74B-4490-A629-40F7476A8100
[

Last edited:

Sponsored

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This shipping status is new. It’s said rail and it is shipping by rail…any idea what’s going on here?
Ford Bronco πŸ” New Bronco Order Tracker (Status, Shipping, Window Sticker & More) 866D5781-4DD4-4D32-B2AA-6BC6A59E4FC7

1400A538-58DC-45C2-B550-C46DA67973F0.png

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This shipping status is new. It’s said rail and it is shipping by rail…any idea what’s going on here?
What's your rail car tracker say? Mine started doing this too and CSX indicates it has been released (ie. dropped off at the final destination). He might not have a handler for this particular status.

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey all, I made a change that probably isn't the most ideal. I'll fix that soon.

Basically, if you're vehicle is "In Transit" or later and the shipping information isn't loading, then your vehicle is probably travelling by rail... or...the shipping information just couldn't be fetched at that particular time. I'm working out a better way to display that.

Why did I change this?

I improved the systems that are handling errors in order to bring those errors forward. Before, I was just sending back a best guess. If I couldn't load the shipping information, I just made the assumption it was a "Rail".

I am working on improving these systems to provide more information (like the Vehicle Status under Shipping) and unfortunately I might break something else (like the case above with the error).

Bear with me as I make these better.

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's your rail car tracker say? Mine started doing this too and CSX indicates it has been released (ie. dropped off at the final destination). He might not have a handler for this particular status.
Its shipping via BNSF and the last status I had was a departure from a town in Montana. It hasn’t changed in about 12 hours. I’ve been using the CSX number to track. I wish it was delivered, but I’m in Oregon and it probably hasn’t got here yet.

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜17 4Runner, β€˜16 BMW 328i, β€˜96 Stang GT, β€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks so much for making this app!

Im listed as RAIL for shipping, with a freight number listed. Build is 4/4. Is this freight number of any use to me on other tracking websites, or will this app track the rail delivery?

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It would be helpful to have some kind of legend of what all the acronyms mean. Anyone have something like this?

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll answer a few questions!

As far as the statuses go, I will be mapping them to their actual meaning as they become available. Currently I'm just forwarding what I get from the shipping provider back to the app.

ASN

ASN typically refers to an Advanced Shipping Notice.

This is pretty common in the shipping world to mean that a company has notified that a product will need to be shipped in the near future. They do this so the shipping provider can prepare for future shipments and to allocate trailers and such.

Ford sends an ASN to the shipping provider when the vehicle is moved into the production management system (you get a VIN).

This does not mean that you are in production, just that the order is imported into the production systems and the vehicle will be scheduled soon (soon as in the next month in normal circumstances; a few months in the current climate).

Freight Number

Freight numbers are assigned to most vehicles even if they are traveling by rail and is a number representing your vehicle in the shipping provider.

The shipping section (in terms of tracking) is only relevant to users in which their vehicle is traveling by convoy.

Why does my rail vehicle show up?

Ford uses a shipping provider to move the cars to the rail yard in some cases. At some plants, the vehicles can go right onto the train cars. If not, Ford assigns your vehicle to be shipped to the outbound rail yard.

So for rail users, if you see a shipping detail section, you will actually see when your vehicle is delivered to the outbound rail yard, not to your local depot.

Blend Date

The blend date (starting to be visible to users) comes from the vehicle sticker. I just recently added the ability to read the sticker and pull out useful information.

The blend date is the date when your vehicle will become a vehicle (sort of). It's when the main body will be fused to the powertrain in the production line.

Conclusion

My plan is to add many of these descriptions to the app, but as I have little time to work on it, my progress will be slow. Many features may be unexplained or randomly added as I have time to complete them. I will try my best to add more helpful descriptions as I can. Most of the information I don't even know what it is myself haha.

Other helpful info can be found here.

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Vihecle Status went to Picked last night, then Paired this morning with Destination showing this morning, but it went back to Picked again with destination disappeared. I really hope to know what has been happening. Thanks!

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My Vihecle Status went to Picked last night, then Paired this morning with Destination showing this morning, but it went back to Picked again with destination disappeared. I really hope to know what has been happening. Thanks!
Interesting! That definitely must be something on the shipping provides end. Not sure if I’d be much help.
Sponsored