Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is Ford Corp involved?
This last time I dropped off the bronco, the service manager said they will be opening up a case to involve corporate. I guess the next question would be should I just call Ford motor companies hotline and make my own complaint?
Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This last time I dropped off the bronco, the service manager said they will be opening up a case to involve corporate. I guess the next question would be should I just call Ford motor companies hotline and make my own complaint?
Can’t hurt, I would press them to ensure a real fix and an extended warranty. Can’t hurt to ask.

JerseyGirl in VA

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Harley Davidson Low Rider ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i would. has it been the same issue every time or a different issue? how freaking frustrating.

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i would. has it been the same issue every time or a different issue? how freaking frustrating.
Two times it came up with the same issue misfire on the same side, which is cylinder four and one time it was something to do with the coils and now this time they’re saying it has something to do with the starter. But the diagnosis when I’m driving a vehicle for me is been the same thing. Every time I go to start the vehicle starts extremely rough and sounds like he wants to shut off.

JerseyGirl in VA

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Harley Davidson Low Rider ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two times it came up with the same issue misfire on the same side, which is cylinder four and one time it was something to do with the coils and now this time they’re saying it has something to do with the starter. But the diagnosis when I’m driving a vehicle for me is been the same thing. Every time I go to start the vehicle starts extremely rough and sounds like he wants to shut off.
sounds like a bunch of your parts are going to be brand new by the time they get it figured out lol. hopefully they fix it soon!

Sponsored

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

sounds like a bunch of your parts are going to be brand new by the time they get it figured out lol. hopefully they fix it soon!
Just got it back two days ago, so far all is well 🤞🏽

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, everyone looks like I spoke too soon. Literally I was driving to get me a Starbucks coffee and once again, the check engine light just popped up. WTF

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Well, everyone looks like I spoke too soon. Literally I was driving to get me a Starbucks coffee and once again, the check engine light just popped up. WTF
Lemon Law target man that stinks. Or a major extended warranty. This is absurd so sorry you are dealing with this

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lemon Law target man that stinks. Or a major extended warranty. This is absurd so sorry you are dealing with this
Well I’m not too sure how this works as far as the lemon law goes but I believe if I remember correctly, this will be the fourth time the Bronco has been in there for a misfire.

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, I’m being told one last shot. The dealer is having a special quality engineer come out and look at the vehicle and try to diagnose and fix issue; if this doesn’t work then it looks like bye-bye our bronco. That we waited for so long you will have to be decommissioned, but I will be getting another one mark my words this time I think I might get an eruption green color.

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Well, I’m being told one last shot. The dealer is having a special quality engineer come out and look at the vehicle and try to diagnose and fix issue; if this doesn’t work then it looks like bye-bye our bronco. That we waited for so long you will have to be decommissioned, but I will be getting another one mark my words this time I think I might get an eruption green color.
Even if they fix it I would absolutely push for the Certified Warranty. Otherwise you’ll get a new one due to the buyback. I had to get a buyback once before back in the day and they went sticker to sticker is what they did for me. Bought it back and I was able to pick something else and if it was more I just paid the difference.

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What’s the latest @vicdet?
Got an update Friday evening they had to take down the gas tank get a sample of my gas cause they’re thinking something is contaminated in my tank, so I have to wait until they can get back with the results. This could take up to 2 to 3 days, I would guess that I will have any updates perhaps Thursday or Friday?

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Got an update Friday evening they had to take down the gas tank get a sample of my gas cause they’re thinking something is contaminated in my tank, so I have to wait until they can get back with the results. This could take up to 2 to 3 days, I would guess that I will have any updates perhaps Thursday or Friday?
What the heck, that’s quite an interesting theory can’t wait to hear how that turns out. Do you have a Ring or anything camera wise?

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What the heck, that’s quite an interesting theory can’t wait to hear how that turns out. Do you have a Ring or anything camera wise?
Tell me about it completely confused, doesn’t make any sense to me. It seems like they’re trying to find a way to blame it on me which I really hope they’re not and I’m not putting the blame on the dealership. It sounds like technician is that helping to solve the problem might be covering something up and either trying to put the blame on me for something or perhaps giving it a bandaid fix to pass the warranty on everything so they will not have to be responsible.
I really hope that I’m 100% wrong about that part. Again, this is just my theory not necessarily say any of this is true at all.
Sponsored