First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Talked with my dealer today. I'd reached out to see if he could still see an EDD on his end. He is still showing EDD of 5/7-5/13. I learned that my dealership IS going to participate in the whole "ship uncompleted units" deal, and that it is up to each individual dealership if they participate or not. I asked if he thought this would turn into an out of sight, out of mind situation. He feels confident this won't be the case as the vehicles will still be titled to FoMoCo and don't actually become part of dealer inventory until they are completed. So, hopefully this gives FoMoCo incentive to be as timely as possible. (skeptical)

He does like that the delivery process will already be done and they can just pop the modules in and sell, especially since the whole shipping process to N FL is quite lengthy. He still feels "optimistic" that the May EDD's will hold and that they won't even have to go this route with the Broncos (can't say I share his optimism, but at least one of us has it lol). He's thinking they will more likely be storing incomplete F150's.

I also asked if he has any input on whether they will continue to run the line and complete the remaining scheduled 2022 orders before they start working on ours in earnest. And if they do go this route and run out of chips again before they get to us, then what? Are we just fucked? He didn't have much of an answer (shocker) to this, but believes they will continue working to get us out before then.

And one final thing, I asked if they have a way to get more detailed information about our holds...like an 800 number for dealers. He said no, he just gets what updates in his system and any info from the regional rep. This truly baffles me. Seems to me, the dealer should be able to call FoMoCo, give a customer's VIN, and get a real time update. But, that would make too much sense 🤷‍♀️
Yeah odds are some of us are going to be waiting all the way to fall ... Sadly that's probably what's going to happen since they removed the EDD from the tracker
Sponsored

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah odds are some of us are going to be waiting all the way to fall ... Sadly that's probably what's going to happen since they removed the EDD from the tracker
It's definitely hard to believe they will be clearing all the back log by May.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's definitely hard to believe they will be clearing all the back log by May.
I definitely agree with this. I'm still trying to be hopeful though.

Sponsored

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate you sharing and no hard feelings at all. It’s a really nice build, (essentially spec’d as an OBX) but pass at $10k ADM.
Yep. Totally get it. As I said, I don’t set the prices. I just felt as a member, obligated to share. Coming up on a year since I ordered mine initially myself. I was tempted 🤔🍻

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also asked if he has any input on whether they will continue to run the line and complete the remaining scheduled 2022 orders before they start working on ours in earnest. And if they do go this route and run out of chips again before they get to us, then what? Are we just fucked?
It really feels like this is exactly how this will all play out. Ford won't directly communicate to us, but the actions they take indirectly provide us with quite a lot of information.

For example, Fords actions has communicated quite clearly that completing our builds from January is not a priority. They have shown me that the thing that they feel to be most important is supporting the production line, and make things easier for themselves by avoiding as much rework as possible. They have demonstrated that they lack the organization or strategy to accurately complete dirt mountain Bronco's in order, so if they run out of chips in the 3/21 build week, I shouldn't necessarily expect my Bronco to get completed before theirs.

Based on all of the actions that Ford has taken, do you think they would shut down their scheduled production if they find that they will run out of chips, and stop building so those parts can be installed in dirt mountain? Or would they just keep building and fill their parking lot and dealer network with more and more freshly built Broncos that are "waiting for chips"? I feel that all of Fords actions have communicated quite clearly what they will do. We're fucked.

Last edited:

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yep. Totally get it. As I said, I don’t set the prices. I just felt as a member, obligated to share. Coming up on a year since I ordered mine initially myself. I was tempted 🤔🍻
Do they still sell at this point with 10k ADM?

TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It really feels like this is exactly how this will all play out. Ford won't directly communicate to us, but the actions they take indirectly provide us with quite a lot of information.

For example, Fords actions has communicated quite clearly that completing our builds from January is not a priority. They have shown me that the thing that they feel to be most important is supporting the production line, and make things easier for themselves by avoiding as much rework as possible. They have demonstrated that they lack the organization or strategy to accurately complete dirt mountain Bronco's in order, so if they run out of chips in the 3/21 build week, I shouldn't necessarily expect my Bronco to get completed before theirs.

Based on all of the actions that Ford has taken, do you think they would shut down their scheduled production if they find that they will run out of chips, and stop building so those parts can be installed in dirt mountain? Or would they just keep building and fill their parking lot and dealer network with more and more freshly built Broncos that are "waiting for chips". I feel that all of Fords actions have communicated quite clearly what they will do. Were fucked.
I really am trying to stay optimistic, but as you said, all we have to go on is what has happened so far. And @Tdifonzo just posted a raptor already scheduled for May😡
Not a good sign, imo

Sponsored

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Based on all of the actions that Ford has taken, do you think they would shut down their scheduled production if they find that they will run out of chips, and stop building so those parts can be installed in dirt mountain? Or would they just keep building and fill their parking lot and dealer network with more and more freshly built Broncos that are "waiting for chips". I feel that all of Fords actions have communicated quite clearly what they will do. Were fucked.
Oh I get what you mean ... We probably both know the answer 😭 we will prob get our broncos by November ⚰

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Ford Motor Company can you stop being a lil bitch and build our broncos already . Like it's obvious the people in this build week have no more patience for this BS that Ford has done. It's been 2 months since our broncos been parked in a lot taking the brunt force of mother nature.

lancobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout II, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate twitter and try to limit my use to sports updates but finally tweeted at Ford asking where my Bronco was. They replied asking for a DM with details of my order which I provided but also stated the lack of communication was unacceptable. Ill share any info I get in response but dont expect much.
As I've been in production for two months, I did the same. Here are the handles to tag @Ford, @mrlevine, and @jimfarley98.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do they still sell at this point with 10k ADM?
Yep. Last two sold within hours after hitting the lot. Only two in the past year did we have become available because someone backed out. Not a very big sample size. We had zero “dealer stock” units. Just two mannequins.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really am trying to stay optimistic, but as you said, all we have to go on is what has happened so far. And @Tdifonzo just posted a raptor already scheduled for May😡
Not a good sign, imo
They use the same production line correct? Seems like a wasted launch for a production line that's already tapped out.

Ford should have saved this for 2023/24 and announced it the same day as the 4Runner redesign to throw some cold water on the new TRD Pro. In the meantime they could have figured out how to make the Bronco's they launched 2 years ago.
Sponsored