First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Gear shade can be left on all the time (soft top) and some are even using it to hold a blanket for extra sound deadening/insulation which apparently works well.
Damn I never thought of that... I can see how that would work pretty well!
Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And I wouldn't want the gearshade, which is only useful when the roof is off, right?

Why not let the Turtle Awardee choose what they want? That person is already watching the thread, no doubt.
I'm fine with letting the poor winner choose their prize.

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't really drink much so if I were the unlucky winner – I'd vote for something like a shade, recovery equipment, or anything else for the Bronco.

I'm planning on getting a kit from Factor 55 which seems like a reputable US company. This one might be within our reach.

And I'd be willing to go as high as $20.

https://factor55.com/product/vehicle-recovery-kit-owyhee/
Kit is a good idea. I'd go some extra. As I suggested above, let the winner decide.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Gear shade can be left on all the time (soft top) and some are even using it to hold a blanket for extra sound deadening/insulation which apparently works well.
haha yeah i was thinking to do something similar to that but with 1/2" thick acoustic panels. Need the car first though. one more week supposedly!!! so close

Sponsored

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Monday Update
Sales Manager just called me to let me know the Bronco has arrived onsite and will be ready to pick up tomorrow.

We went over my list of demands and my OCD list.

He was ok with my demands but says they cant really do the checklist but will give me 24 hours to complete the list them after delivery and then they will make right anything that is needed.
He said any of the known mechanical issues will be addressed in their pre delivery inspection.
He did say he was going to keep this list for future reference for his team, but that might have been just to make me feel a bit better about it.

It is a ~60 mile trip to the dealership so I have to work it out in my schedule hopefully tomorrow.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Monday Update
Sales Manager just called me to let me know the Bronco has arrived onsite and will be ready to pick up tomorrow.

He was ok with my demands but says they cant really do the checklist but will give me 24 hours to complete the list them after delivery and then they will make right anything that is needed.
He said any of the known mechanical issues will be addressed in their pre delivery inspection.
He did say he was going to keep this list for future reference for his team, but that might have been just to make me feel a bit better about it.

It is a ~60 mile trip to the dealership so I have to work it out in my schedule hopefully tomorrow.
Yay!

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will they be looking at it today?
It’s being looked at now. I spoke to the service guy just before 9 and am impatiently waiting to hear something. I’ll give them until 1 before I call.

I’m sick to my stomach it’s going to be some back ordered part and I’ll be bronco-less for weeks.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s being looked at now. I spoke to the service guy just before 9 and am impatiently waiting to hear something. I’ll give them until 1 before I call.

I’m sick to my stomach it’s going to be some back ordered part and I’ll be bronco-less for weeks.
Did you get a loaner or will that depend on the length of your B's stay? Fingers crossed they'll have it back to you later and it's a plug that wiggled out or something silly.

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please keep us posted as to what the dealer says after looking at it. This is just the worst!! I am so sorry you are dealing with it.
Thanks 😞 I’ll definitely post updates as I get them.

Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Monday Update

Congratulations !! 5 days early!! There is a Dog.

What were your demands outside the OCD list?

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you get a loaner or will that depend on the length of your B's stay? Fingers crossed they'll have it back to you later and it's a plug that wiggled out or something silly.
I asked about a loaner this morning but didn’t get much response. I’ll be pushing that this afternoon if it’s going to be more than today. I’m driving my old car at the moment but I sold that to my brother so that’s temporary. AND I already know they’ve loaned out their dealership broncos ( they have 2) so…..TBD.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congratulations !! 5 days early!! There is a Dog.

What were your demands outside the OCD list?
Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group 1643044111250

He says the keypad is installed at the Factory, but if not, he will not install it.
He says the rest of the list is reasonable, but I will have to sign a release on the License plate.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Monday Update

You got the call!!!

That is such awesome news, @Alvin Olson

I am happy for you! Excited to see pics!!
Sponsored