Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m planning to set the lock code in mine tomorrow if you’re interested in details/thoughts.
Yeah I’m interested to hear hike it goes.
I had the vault installed in mine. In Texas, (as you know) I needed a place to lock up my “valuable(s)”.
That’s my thinking, especially having the soft top on mine.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

pr0xy

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' 2DR Wildtrak, 79' Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i'm playing catch up as well - and congrats on getting your bronco back!

unfortunately mine is already in the shop after 248 miles.

I created post with more details - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/posts/1222161/.

@Jazer @Alvin Olson @Tarheel_Wes who wants to lend me theirs lol?
Josh, I just read your Exxon Valdez post. That sucks for sure.

I am so timid with the Bronco right now listing for noises and smelling for leaks it is crazy. The wife asked why I was so paranoid, but no way will I admit to my level of Bronco Fever and keeping up with the sad stories here.

I am sure as a percentage of vehicles the problems are in line with expectations of failures due to issues, but when it hits close to home it makes it seem so much worse.

Allegedly

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Josh, I just read your Exxon Valdez post. That sucks for sure.

I am so timid with the Bronco right now listing for noises and smelling for leaks it is crazy. The wife asked why I was so paranoid, but no way will I admit to my level of Bronco Fever and keeping up with the sad stories here.

I am sure as a percentage of vehicles the problems are in line with expectations of failures due to issues, but when it hits close to home it makes it seem so much worse.
2 thoughts for me. I don't care. If mine dies, Florida has a great lemon law. Don't get me wrong, it's a great truck and I don't "want" that to happen but I've already had 2 serious problems in 500 miles and it's definitely not ruining my trip home. Life's short. It's just a hunk of metal.

The problem % might be in line (who knows) but the actual QC is abismal. How does a vehicle leave MAP with an airbag light and how does a vehicle leave MAP and dealer PDI with a completely disconnected GOAT selector and loose fuses (all of them)?

This thing had 40 miles on it. How is it possible that they didn't catch that???

My instinct is that these are going to be fun for 2 or 3 years and then dump it before the real problems kick in.

knownhuman

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 thoughts for me. I don't care. If mine dies, Florida has a great lemon law. Don't get me wrong, it's a great truck and I don't "want" that to happen but I've already had 2 serious problems in 500 miles and it's definitely not ruining my trip home. Life's short. It's just a hunk of metal.

The problem % might be in line (who knows) but the actual QC is abismal. How does a vehicle leave MAP with an airbag light and how does a vehicle leave MAP and dealer PDI with a completely disconnected GOAT selector and loose fuses (all of them)?

This thing had 40 miles on it. How is it possible that they didn't catch that???

My instinct is that these are going to be fun for 2 or 3 years and then dump it before the real problems kick in.
I really hope not. I bought this thing with full intention of keeping it “forever”. I really hope it’s a good vehicle.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anybody else with a MIC (4 door) check to see if on either side in-between each door it looks like there's an inch to an inch and half gap of "missing" rubber lining/insulation under the edge of the MIC..

Mine is like this on both the driver and passenger side.

Wanna see if this is "normal" before reaching out to the dealer.

here's some pics.
Ford Bronco đź›  1/3/22 Build Week Group IMG_3131
Ford Bronco đź›  1/3/22 Build Week Group IMG_3132
Ford Bronco đź›  1/3/22 Build Week Group tempImagex0bRSC

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My understanding is that it is normal. Saw someone post about it the other day on FB and others were responding that theirs was the same.

Allegedly

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Pace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
sorry to hear - can you elaborate? how bad?
Defective airbag and GOAT modes do not work (dial does nothing).

I really hope not. I bought this thing with full intention of keeping it “forever”. I really hope it’s a good vehicle.
To be fair, I don't think many '22 vehicles are "forever cars" too many electronics.
Sponsored