John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@TowBoater
First off, I am glad everyone is ok. That is 99.99% most important.
I am sorry y'all have to deal with the issues but 4K in damaged for a rear end collision isn't too bad. Make sure to claim "diminished value" from the insurance company to compensate for the recorded accident at no fault of you.
Modern vehicles have crumple zones, by design. Ford will know what to check, but they will make it right. Good thing is parts are available for a vast storage yard at MAP :).

I hope everything works out for you guys.
Thanks, it will all work out. Just waiting on a call from the dealership to have us come in for a in depth look over I guess lol. That way they can write down the parts that actually need to be replaced and then we will go from there... luckily of course my wife and kids are safe.. but also lucky it was only minor .. and yea the back door really stood up against the ultimate test. I'm actually really happy it wasn't worse.
Sponsored

Cszmom

Base
First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So has this happened to anyone with their screen? Yesterday my touch screen was frozen and it seemed like every time I came to a complete stop my Apple CarPlay would cut in and out. Now today, total black screen! Not even connected to CarPlay. I shut the car off and back on and that resolved it but…

B5229C3B-FB34-4743-B8A6-B419DDA3996F.jpeg

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So has this happened to anyone with their screen? Yesterday my touch screen was frozen and it seemed like every time I came to a complete stop my Apple CarPlay would cut in and out. Now today, total black screen! Not even connected to CarPlay. I shut the car off and back on and that resolved it but…
I had something like that when my USB music stick was jarred loose. Could that be it?

Cszmom

Base
First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had something like that when my USB music stick was jarred loose. Could that be it?
I didn’t have anything plugged in to the USB port. It was just going over Bluetooth. That could explain the CarPlay going in and out but not sure why the screen would freeze. Then today when the screen was black it was on Sirius. One of my boys said maybe the car is telling you it hates country music and stop listening to it 😂

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn’t have anything plugged in to the USB port. It was just going over Bluetooth. That could explain the CarPlay going in and out but not sure why the screen would freeze. Then today when the screen was black it was on Sirius. One of my boys said maybe the car is telling you it hates country music and stop listening to it 😂
Hah! I don't think Steamboat objects to the 197 Dave Stamey singing cowboy songs on my stick! There have also been problems with loose fuses. Or software. Maybe some CSEE type (computer science electrical engineering) will chime in here. @Aman ?

Sponsored

Cszmom

Base
First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hah! I don't think Steamboat objects to the 197 Dave Stamey singing cowboy songs on my stick! There have also been problems with loose fuses. Or software. Maybe some CSEE type (computer science electrical engineering) will chime in here. @Aman ?
I know for a fact Bella loves country music so his observation was definitely incorrect 😂

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The transplant team seems to think him being my brother increases our chances for success. There were 3 other people who had been tested and matched my blood type, but they wanted to move forward with him as the top option.
@KReich64 called my brother a hero, which I agree. However, I 100% know I would do the same for him. When my wife first posted about my issues on Facebook, 14 people signed up to be tested for donation, including 4 I had never met. That blows me away. It’s really made me rethink my life, and how to be a better person.
Theres a new woman who started at dialysis this week who has no idea what she’s going to go through the next few months.On my way out last night I introduced myself and gave her my email, telling her I’m a pro at this shit and can walk her through anything she wants, even how to navigate around an extremely low sodium diet without eating bland food. Hopefully she takes me up on that.Would really like to give something back.
Wow. Best of luck for a smooth surgery and recovery. These stories remind me to keep my “little”problems in perspective!

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who knew car care products and cleaning equipment was so expensive. I've spent close to 300 bucks in the last 2 weeks just buying products and rags etc. Then I ran across a wall hung self contained pressure washer for 300 bucks that I'm about to buy. It's got a 100 foot hose so it should be plenty. As of right now I have my electric Ryobi on mounted to a 3 tier rolling cart with all my products on it. It's a pain moving the water house an power cord as I move the cart around.
Spent 3 hours cleaning Pops today the wife came out and she had softball practice, I told her she cld drive the Raptor cause shes not getting Clay dirt all over inside today. Straight into the garage it went after I finished.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. It looks pretty good in person. I’m going to keep working on it. I do think with a good polish it will continue to look better. It is just difficult to be as light and smooth with application as you need to be.

Had some catching up to do. B6G rarely gives me notifications for this thread anymore :(

Oh no what a bummer Looks like you did a pretty decent job hiding it though.

So whats the point of using the foamer? My pressure washer has a soap container & nozzle and does a good job covering it with soap. I mean it doesnt foam as thickly but is it really necesary? It still did a damn good job cleaning my car a couple weeks ago.

We have the garden hose foamer but I havent tried it. I gave it to my husband awhile ago. He rarely washes his Stinger and I knew if I got him the pressure washer one hed never use it (too much work to get that thing out AND wash the car, lol!!)

Yep! I got that email too! Just waiting for the next one. I got on the wait list for those like right away. I hope they aren't crazy expensive but ill probably pay it anyways, lol.

Oh wow! I am so happy for you!!!

They look great! I like them angled like that too. I am so not brave enough to be drilling anything in at this point but I bet that is so much better at night.

Oh no :( Im sorry. That is certainly a fear of mine with a replacement being nowhere in site for these if it were damaged bad enough. The good thing seems to be the way that 5th wheel absorbs so much of the impacts. Even if you need a new door, etc, that's not a bad place to be. I bet the other guys car was a lot worse.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This happened to me a while ago but after restart never did it again. Idk.

Ford Bronco 🛠 1/3/22 Build Week Group B5229C3B-FB34-4743-B8A6-B419DDA3996F

Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who knew car care products and cleaning equipment was so expensive.
Rilly! If I bought everything on my ceramic guy's recommendation list--none of which he has a financial interest in--it would have been 500 bucks. I spent about half of that, and the big ticket item was an Amish-made birch and poplar drying rack for the microfiber towels.

Then I ran across a wall hung self contained pressure washer for 300 bucks that I'm about to buy. It's got a 100 foot hose so it should be plenty. As of right now I have my electric Ryobi on mounted to a 3 tier rolling cart with all my products on it.
The video of the guy who evaluated that washer right out of the box?--installed, assembled, demo'd. Impressive! I like the 100' retractable cord.

I also like the cart idea. Might Ask for one on our local Buy Nothing FB site.

Next step, literally, tho, will be the tube step bars & floor mats @ dealer's on Tues. Customer Satisfaction and Ford Points at work.