Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

She's here! Tracker wouldn't load, so decided to drive by the dealer again to check, sweet! Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow because you can't buy cars on Sunday in PA
Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group IMG_6013
Sponsored

firsttimefordbuyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up mine yesterday! This thing is better than I imagined! Couple of Ford quality issues:
  • Ford didn't install the headliner that was optioned (found at dealership, they have ordered it and will install it).
  • Left side camera has a huge blank spot (dealership will adjust camera next week)
  • The netting on the back of the driver's seat doesn't have the orange stripe (just noticed last night, will have dealership replace)
  • 2nd row roof panel sits really high on passenger side at the rear. (Just noticed last night, going to remove and reinstall today, going to dealer if I can't fix)

Super happy about the Bronco, but can't understand how there are so many obvious items that were missed. My standards might be too high though, as I work in aerospace and there are much higher ramifications for poor quality.

congrats! My badlands is still in shipping status and excited to see if I like it as never owned a ford. Makes me nervous that they have such crappy QA to let any of that get past final inspection. Thanks for sharing as I’ll need to take a close look when it arrives. Hopefully that’s all you find and is easily fixed.

Seems like the Ford experience is consistent end to end!

Reactions: cgv

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Picked up mine yesterday! This thing is better than I imagined! Couple of Ford quality issues:
  • Ford didn't install the headliner that was optioned (found at dealership, they have ordered it and will install it).
  • Left side camera has a huge blank spot (dealership will adjust camera next week)
  • The netting on the back of the driver's seat doesn't have the orange stripe (just noticed last night, will have dealership replace)
  • 2nd row roof panel sits really high on passenger side at the rear. (Just noticed last night, going to remove and reinstall today, going to dealer if I can't fix)

Super happy about the Bronco, but can't understand how there are so many obvious items that were missed. My standards might be too high though, as I work in aerospace and there are much higher ramifications for poor quality.

Unfortunately I'm not too shocked by this. My last new vehicles were a Tesla Model 3, 2 different Ram 1500s and a Mustang, and it was a 50/50 chance whether something needed to be fixed after I took delivery. Maybe it's just the American brands, but this seems normal to me at this point (though I get it shouldn't be the norm). With all of those, once I fixed whatever delivery issues were there, they were problem free, hopefully it's the same for you.

Reactions: cgv

broncoam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CSX says that my car is currently in Atlanta which is only 5 hours away and that it's set to arrive here on the 20th. Ford still says my ETA is the 25th-31st and the closer it gets here the more excited I get :LOL:

geodude05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sorry in advance if others have already asked this question before but how can I get the new rail car number after it arrives to Blue Island, IL? My bronco just arrived there but I'm assuming it's getting transferred to Union Pacific because it needs to be shipped to Central Texas.

Sponsored

technerd

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sorry in advance if others have already asked this question before but how can I get the new rail car number after it arrives to Blue Island, IL? My bronco just arrived there but I'm assuming it's getting transferred to Union Pacific because it needs to be shipped to Central Texas.
You have to use the ford chat and ask them or your dealer should know.

sharkbytesmatt

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD on order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like mine is on the same train! Where are you located?

geodude05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

geodude05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very cool! I’m in Dripping Springs!
Nice!! Planning on doing any mods? The first thing I want to do to my base is probably get bigger tires but I still haven’t found someone who can install them for a good price.

Sponsored

sharkbytesmatt

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD on order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice!! Planning on doing any mods? The first thing I want to do to my base is probably get bigger tires but I still haven’t found someone who can install them for a good price.
I’m looking at rims, tires, lift, and side steps to get started. I’m sure more will come later!

Im going to powder coat the rims white and go for this look just with 4 doors!

9F16EA63-8927-4C8D-8C1D-4CC0A04749BC.jpeg

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@geodude05 Mine also transferred to BNSF but will still track with your CSX #.

geodude05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m looking at rims, tires, lift, and side steps to get started. I’m sure more will come later!

Im going to powder coat the rims white and go for this look just with 4 doors!

Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group 9F16EA63-8927-4C8D-8C1D-4CC0A04749BC
Nice! do you have a guy you recommend in town for all this?

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How big are you trying to go?
There's a guy selling Badlands take-offs with TMPS sensors installed on FB Marketplace in New Braunfels for $1,400 (which is less than the cost of the 33" KO2's themselves). Since the TMPS's are still in, you can install those yourself in the driveway just by changing wheels and I think the balancing should still be good too. That'll get you from base 30's to factory 33's!

geodude05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@geodude05 Mine also transferred to BNSF but will still track with your CSX #.
I just checked and you're right! The end destination is "industry". Do you know what that is?
Sponsored