Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I've been posting my overly smart-ass and extremely dramatic posts on here for months as I have waited on my Raptor like so many others, and this past Monday, it finally arrived. (Some quick pictures below).

Before anyone gets prematurely angry that I received my Raptor already, just know that Like most of you, I was reserved within the first 24 hours, and I have been pushed to from a '21 Bronco, to a '22 Bronco, and then got pushed to a '23 Bronco and had to take a $5k price hike in the process.

Here are my initial thoughts and impressions. I've literally got 100 miles on it so I am no expert, but Feel free to ask questions. I'm more than happy to answer as time allows.

• This thing is HUGE. If you haven't yet seen one in person, know that pictures and videos don't do this any Justice.
  • You may or may not like the factory running boards. The non-skid design is great, but tends to stick to longer pants/dresses as you step out.
  • The fender flares aren't as bad in person. Honestly, most of the hate comes from a single unflattering picture angle that so many people like to re-post
  • Again on the flares.... just because they don't look bad in person, doesn't mean they aren't big. They Are!
  • Let's talk about the engine... I'm not disappointed but I'm not overly impressed either. I know all of the reasons that the 3.5 couldn't make it into the Raptor, but it will probably remain a wish of mine until they are able to make it happen.
  • Speaking of the transmission, its buttery smoooooth.
  • Keeping on the engine... The its awesome that the turbos stay spooled up at higher RPM's and speeds... that extra little bit of "Ready to go" is NICE!!!
  • The rear-view visibility isn't really a thing. The spare tire and rear brake easily cover 50% of the back window, and what's not blocked looks to the upper left and right. But the side view mirrors are great.... I just wish they were powered.
  • I opted for the leather seats and they are easily the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a vehicle.
  • Speaking of interior... I also opted for the Blue Onyx and was so afraid I was going to hate it, but the Blue is a dark blue with almost a hint of dark grey... ITS PERFECT!!!! Great Job Ford Design Team!!
  • Yes... per my previous post, the rumors are true. The 2023 model does come with Digital A/C Buttons. The only thing I seem to have gotten out of the $5k Price increase is these stupid little knobs. If anyone with a '22 wants to buy them for the $5k I paid... I am happy to consider that deal.
  • As has been reported before. The wireless charger is pitiful. I have an iPhone 14 ProMax and it hasn't managed to "Charge" it at all. I honestly don't think it even maintains power level... it just allows my phone to die more slowly.
  • The Code Orange is a master of trickery.... I'm not sure how, but in pictures, it looks RED no matter what you do.... but in person, It's a beautiful shade of orange.
  • The steering wheel heater is barely warm... probably as a side effect of the steering wheel being so thick and cushy...
  • Butt warmers are WAY warm.... my butt will not ever be cold again.
  • If you have a vent-mounted phone mount, get a new one... the vents turn left and right so easily that making simply following the road with a phone mounted on them makes it fling your phone left and right.
  • The 12" screen is amazing... especially now that it comes with FULL SCREEN CARPLAY
  • The B&O sound system is something that Ford and B&O should be ashamed of. And yes... The Subwoofer Rattles... Honestly... don't pay extra for it.
  • The interior lighting is abysmal.... The floor lighting does not come on when you open the doors.... its only used for ambient always-on lighting. Good thing there are a number of 3rd party options already.
  • One thing I noticed is that my "Raptor Mode" seems to maintain the status of the Auto Engine On/Off that so many people hate... I just wish I didn't have to select my Raptor Mode each time I got into the vehicle.
Image (7).jpeg

Image (4).jpeg

Image (2).jpeg

Image (3).jpeg

Image (6).jpeg

Image (7).jpeg
Awesome Raptor. I haven't followed all threads recently. So no price protection on those that rolled over?
Sponsored

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Awesome Raptor. I haven't followed all threads recently. So no price protection on those that rolled over?
Not on the Raptors... Raptor orders lost that as soon as we converted.

Leland

Raptor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Mustang MachE GT, Raptor, Subaru (2)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I've been posting my overly smart-ass and extremely dramatic posts on here for months as I have waited on my Raptor like so many others, and this past Monday, it finally arrived. (Some quick pictures below).

Before anyone gets prematurely angry that I received my Raptor already, just know that Like most of you, I was reserved within the first 24 hours, and I have been pushed to from a '21 Bronco, to a '22 Bronco, and then got pushed to a '23 Bronco and had to take a $5k price hike in the process.

Here are my initial thoughts and impressions. I've literally got 100 miles on it so I am no expert, but Feel free to ask questions. I'm more than happy to answer as time allows.

• This thing is HUGE. If you haven't yet seen one in person, know that pictures and videos don't do this any Justice.
  • You may or may not like the factory running boards. The non-skid design is great, but tends to stick to longer pants/dresses as you step out.
  • The fender flares aren't as bad in person. Honestly, most of the hate comes from a single unflattering picture angle that so many people like to re-post
  • Again on the flares.... just because they don't look bad in person, doesn't mean they aren't big. They Are!
  • Let's talk about the engine... I'm not disappointed but I'm not overly impressed either. I know all of the reasons that the 3.5 couldn't make it into the Raptor, but it will probably remain a wish of mine until they are able to make it happen.
  • Keeping on the engine... The its awesome that the turbos stay spooled up at higher RPM's and speeds... that extra little bit of "Ready to go" is NICE!!!
  • The rear-view visibility isn't really a thing. The spare tire and rear brake easily cover 50% of the back window, and what's not blocked looks to the upper left and right. But the side view mirrors are great.... I just wish they were powered.
  • I opted for the leather seats and they are easily the most comfortable seats I have ever had in a vehicle.
  • Speaking of interior... I also opted for the Blue Onyx and was so afraid I was going to hate it, but the Blue is a dark blue with almost a hint of dark grey... ITS PERFECT!!!! Great Job Ford Design Team!!
  • Yes... per my previous post, the rumors are true. The 2023 model does come with Digital A/C Buttons. The only thing I seem to have gotten out of the $5k Price increase is these stupid little knobs. If anyone with a '22 wants to buy them for the $5k I paid... I am happy to consider that deal.
  • As has been reported before. The wireless charger is pitiful. I have an iPhone 14 ProMax and it hasn't managed to "Charge" it at all. I honestly don't think it even maintains power level... it just allows my phone to die more slowly.
  • The Code Orange is a master of trickery.... I'm not sure how, but in pictures, it looks RED no matter what you do.... but in person, It's a beautiful shade of orange.
  • The steering wheel heater is barely warm... probably as a side effect of the steering wheel being so thick and cushy...
  • If you have a vent-mounted phone mount, get a new one... the vents turn left and right so easily that making simply following the road with a phone mounted on them makes it fling your phone left and right.
  • The 12" screen is amazing... especially now that it comes with FULL SCREEN CARPLAY
  • The B&O sound system is something that Ford and B&O should be ashamed of. And yes... The Subwoofer Rattles... Honestly... don't pay extra for it.
  • The interior lighting is abysmal.... The floor lighting does not come on when you open the doors.... its only used for ambient always-on lighting. Good thing there are a number of 3rd party options already.
  • One thing I noticed is that my "Raptor Mode" seems to maintain the status of the Auto Engine On/Off that so many people hate... I just wish I didn't have to select my Raptor Mode each time I got into the vehicle.
Image (7).jpeg

Image (4).jpeg

Image (2).jpeg

Image (3).jpeg

Image (6).jpeg

Image (7).jpeg
Congratulations, I just picked up my Raptor Code Orange, upgrade rims and Black Leather interior. Getting it fully PPF wrapped and everything else Ceramic Coated.

Sponsored

Wild Horses 4x4

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Image (7).jpeg

Image (4).jpeg

Image (2).jpeg

Image (3).jpeg

Image (6).jpeg

Image (7).jpeg
Great looking Raptor love the way you spec'd it! Enjoy it would love to hear some feedback when you get it out on the trails.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats! I've really grown to love these the more I see them, and love you love yours.

I'm just confused by this:

But the side view mirrors are great.... I just wish they were powered.
Are you wishing for power-folding mirrors? Thought power-adjustable mirrors were standard across the board.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The heat level in the steering wheel I believe is adjustable

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Image (7).jpeg

Image (4).jpeg

Image (2).jpeg

Image (3).jpeg

Image (6).jpeg

Image (7).jpeg

Image (7).jpeg

Image (4).jpeg

Image (2).jpeg

Image (3).jpeg

Image (6).jpeg

Image (7).jpeg
It looks like you do have powered mirrors. I zoomed in and can see the controls on the console. They are in a weird spot because the doors come off - when sitting in the drivers seat they are to the right and kind of behind the window controls. It took me a while to find them too.

Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The heat level in the steering wheel I believe is adjustable
hmm really? Mine isn’t very hot. Maybe I’ll look in the settings to see if I can adjust it.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't have the heated wheel but I know I read it is adjustable in the settings

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Saw one at the local auto show.

Sorry, those flares are awful, even in person.

Beautiful interior, though.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So Jealous of the full screen carplay. I have a 22' Raptor and havent received the update yet unfortunately.
Sponsored