First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The $90k+ Keep 392 I test drove prior to the Bronco last March is still at the dealer. Fun vehicle with the hemi, but way overpriced.
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Im spending $100k on a vehicle the engine is gonna be all the way in the back and capable of near 200mph

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gosh, 100K for a vehicle, any vehicle- way out of my price range. Even if I had the money, geez, just way over priced. Even what some you are paying 50, 60K for your Broncos are out of my affordable price range. I shelled everything I had to get my 22 Sas 2 door Basequatch. It was 42K and the most I ever spent for a vehicle and the most I ever will spend.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
and it better have only 2 damn doors!
The irony is that the V8 Wrangler will likely retain its value better. Those 200mph cars lose their appeal after a while. And a Bronco owner posting about Jeep build quality is probably more ironic.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aside from supply and demand, perhaps itā€™s not so much the cost of the vehicle thatā€™s going up, but the VALUE of our currency that is going down.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Jeep #1 we had was a 2000 and never had any issues of any kind. Drove it to a little over 100k miles. FJ Cruiser we had the engine disintegrated at 60k miles in the middle of BFE New Mexico. Replace engine and it failed about 60K later with water getting into the engine. Enter our 2016 Rubicon. Oil cooler goes bad at 60K miles. Replace cam shafts and valves a few thousand miles later. Oil cooler fails again and replaced engine, radiator, all hoses as they were all filled with oily sludge. This engine failed again due to gasket failure after another few thousand and put in a 3rd long block. We go back to Ouray this summer and the transmission starts leaking badly on the way up there. It's towed back to Texas and there it sits. The dealer has had it for over a month. The good news is that we purchased a Mopar lifetime warranty and each repair has only cost a $100 deductible. So in essence we are on our 3rd engine (or 4th if you count the changing of the camshafts and valves) with almost everything under the hood being replaced. It was to be our trade-in 3 years ago when we ordered the Bronco and we still have it 3 years later. On all my vehicles I change oil and do service on or before the recommended mileage. I also have a 2000 F350 with a gas V10 and 340K miles that still runs great. Give me a big block motor anytime.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, but rarely get to drive it.
Ford Bronco $100,000 Jeep Wrangler Build Quality IMG_4653
I live 45min from Tail of the Dragon so when I get a chance to buy one it will be driven frequently.

Sponsored

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yep it is good money for the companies, but it isnā€™t good.

20 years ago, a Wrangler was like $12K for a Sport, so what happened? 2 extra doors and a push for those same people you mention to ā€œlookā€ like something theyā€™re not.

Net effect is these what were meant to be primitive off-roaders have now gone softer and gotten much more expensive for those who will actually use them.

Look, times change and maybe all of this is good because if it werenā€™t for these consumers, there would be no Bronco and maybe Wrangler would be dead too. Most wheelers historically didnā€™t have lots of money and enthusiasts tend to like stripper models and mod the hell out of them into something thatā€™s unique to them. So I see both sides, just donā€™t totally like it.

If you wanna be rugged, then be rugged and I donā€™t feel there is a certain rugged look as I see wheelers and outdoors people of all kinds and itā€™s great.
you know what happened to the Jeep, same thing will happen to the bronco.
people buy it and want more comfort.....heated and cooled this and that... bigger screens, quieter interior.... then it will be the HYBRID crowd. Tech, comfort and unrealistic mpg will ruin the bronco just as sure as it ruined the jeep.
My 2002 TJ has maybe 2 computers the bronco has 21, thats why it was 12k šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Piggy Bank, say hello to Hammer. Hammer, say hello to- šŸ’„ Hammer! Why'd you hit- šŸ’„ Oh Piggy Bank! šŸ˜­

The modern car buying experience.
Sponsored