Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ashamedly confess I paid Admin markup for my Badlands Sas/Lux/4Dr/MIC. Now, the Fab 4 bumper, Warn Evo10 winch, trail & fog lights on the bumper, Trailrax + Heretic trail lights up top, full ThorsLightning compressor + hoses, pull-out cargo drawer.... I'm expecting MEK Magnet body protection to arrive today...you get the point.
Am I at $100K yet? I'm afraid to do the arithmetic--wife might ask. I will admit that outside of real estate, this is the most expensive thing I've ever owned. 🤑

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, you’d be surprised and the number of people who’d line up to pay $100K for a 4xE or 392 Rubicon Wrangler.

Jeep interior trim quality has never been that good, but that video is extreme.

Howver, let me remind you all, the Wrangler has one purpose, wheeling. It literally sucks at any other application besides looking rugged while just sitting there even.

A wheeler would maybe tighten all that stuff up themselves, mod and change it for better stuff, or just not care.

Bronco ain’t no $100K vehicle either, but we’re not far removed from people paying near that for one with ADM piled on. Bronco is for wheeling +, but still spartan.

Interior trim doesn’t affect the overall performance, so it’ll still sell. A previous model year Rubicon could ballon up to near $70K with the Penastar, so this info is only shocking to those new to the off-roader world; they ain’t cheap!

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Man, you’d be surprised and the number of people who’d line up to pay $100K for a 4xE or 392 Rubicon Wrangler.

Howver, let me remind you all, the Wrangler has one purpose, wheeling. It literally sucks at any other application besides looking rugged while just sitting there even.

A wheeler would maybe tighten all that stuff up themselves, mod and change it for better stuff, or just not care.

Bronco ain’t no $100K vehicle either, but we’re not far removed from people paying near that for one with ADM piled on. Bronco is for wheeling +, but still spartan.

Interior trim doesn’t affect the overall performance, so it’ll still sell. A previous model year Rubicon could ballon up to near $70K with the Penastar, so this info is only shocking to those new to the off-roader world; they ain’t cheap!
Have you seen the $120K braptors? There's one born every day, doesn't matter which brand

Sponsored

Bronco Master

Base
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2017 Ford Superduty F-250 STX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who is dumb enough to pay $100k for a Jeep?

Ford Bronco $100,000 Jeep Wrangler Build Quality dumb-huh
FOR REAL!!! The whole entire build quality of the broncos is so much better! Smoother riding, more bang for your buck, just much nicer overall

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I paid $37, 200 for my '21 BaseSquatch. Granted, I waited 14 months from order to delivery, but I can't see an additional $62,800 of value as compared to that Fiat. Sorry, that Jeep.

Last edited:

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco ain’t no $100K vehicle either
Never forget we’re driving Ranger in cooler packaging. Love mine, but paying anywhere 6 figures is ludicrous.

I do see a huge uptick in the wealthy suburbanite families keeping a Rubicon or Wildtrak in their driveway. These definitely are a fun toy for someone who commutes in an S550 all week. Sure it’s far from the intended purpose but good money for Ford and Stellantis.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never forget we’re driving Ranger in cooler packaging. Love mine, but paying anywhere 6 figures is ludicrous.

I do see a huge uptick in the wealthy suburbanite families keeping a Rubicon or Wildtrak in their driveway. These definitely are a fun toy for someone who commutes in an S550 all week. Sure it’s far from the intended purpose but good money for Ford and Stellantis.
Yep it is good money for the companies, but it isn’t good.

20 years ago, a Wrangler was like $12K for a Sport, so what happened? 2 extra doors and a push for those same people you mention to “look” like something they’re not.

Net effect is these what were meant to be primitive off-roaders have now gone softer and gotten much more expensive for those who will actually use them.

Look, times change and maybe all of this is good because if it weren’t for these consumers, there would be no Bronco and maybe Wrangler would be dead too. Most wheelers historically didn’t have lots of money and enthusiasts tend to like stripper models and mod the hell out of them into something that’s unique to them. So I see both sides, just don’t totally like it.

If you wanna be rugged, then be rugged and I don’t feel there is a certain rugged look as I see wheelers and outdoors people of all kinds and it’s great.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For a lot of years jeeps didn't even have interior trim at all. Then the square headlights came and we all should've stopped and reassessed the situation right then and there.

Possibly the best way I've seen yet to spell it

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a lot of years jeeps didn't even have interior trim at all. Then the square headlights came and we all should've stopped and reassessed the situation right then and there.

Possibly the best way I've seen yet to spell it
No idea how to spell that engine at all; never cared to learn. I guess Jeep people like it since it has no turbos. NA engines that aren’t a V8 are just sort of blah to me these days now that I’ve trained myself on driving with turbo engines and throttle control.

You’re right about no interior trim; that part was always fine to me with a Wrangler.
Sponsored