First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2013 Porsche Cayenne, 2016 BMW X6M
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fingers crossed 🤞 My Bronco is off the train and sitting in Pearland waiting for transport. They tell me delivery this week. So, shipped 12.31.22-off the train 1.16.23. Now waiting on truck transport...

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As promised, here's a brief writeup of my Bronco buying experience...

Granger was awesome, starting with pickup from the Des Moines airport. For those planning to arrange their own ride or hotel stay, the dealership is about a half hour from the airport.

My time in the finance area was brief... sign a few papers, give them the check, and done. Since this is my first Ford (Toyota gal here) I did opt for the 5-year extended warranty for $700. They had other options, including cosmetic warranties that cover dings, windshield cracks, etc. They sent the brochures on each option via email before my visit, and once I got there nothing was a hard sell. No pressure. Just a seamless transaction. 20,000 Ford Pass Points were deposited into my account the next day, and the 42,000 points for the purchase will show up shortly.

Samantha had some birthday balloons and a card in the car, and commented that she'd planned to stop at a bakery to get some dog treats for me to take back to the pups but didn't have time. Definitely the thought that counts! We spent some time synching up my phone and going over some of the features and off I went. Both Samantha and Zach followed up with nice emails welcoming me to the Granger Family. Classy. I will definitely send any business their way.

Back to the Bronco...

I averaged 17.8 mpg on the drive home. The road was flat but with major wind gusts. Getting 19 mpg on Atlanta highways where I'm not in a wind tunnel. Where it always felt like I was fighting with my Wrangler on road trips, the Bronco handled it like a pro... super comfortable. At one point I thought I smelled something burning, then realized it was my booty on fire from the seat warmers. Those suckers get HOT!

I do think I'm hearing a bit of the manual transmission noise that's been mentioned in the forums. Time will tell on that.

I purchased the AR stirrups. I'm 5'5" and they definitely make getting up into the Bronco much easier. There were a lot of comments in the forum about AR running behind on shipping. Looks like they've caught up, as I received my stirrups in less than a week... and with the black bolts that finish the classy look.

Also got my Bestop Trektop installed. Note: to get the $250 installation price, you need to call Bestop and schedule through them. Everyone else I called was running $400+. The installation took two people four hours. Mine was only the fourth two-door Bronco top they'd installed. They did mention that there are a lot more parts for the two-door top so be mindful of that. Also, the top needs to be kept in a minimum of 72 degrees to be able to be stretched to fit. They kept it in their truck with the heaters on while they installed the hardware.

A couple of things about the Bestop... it's super tight when first installed. I've read on the forums about people who couldn't open the top once installed. My installer said he's even been asked by a couple of owners to come back and remove the top because they couldn't open it. It took us several minutes to get the latches to release. It helped to pull down on the top while releasing the latches and let them "flick" up on their own and release the mechanism. It definitely took some work but I imagine it'll get easier over time.

The top was also too heavy and stiff for me to open by myself from one side like they show in the videos. That might change over time, but for now I had to put my knees on the console and push it open from the inside.

Other than that, the top is amazing! Very little wind noise even at 80 mph, and I love the versatility of being able to take out the back and side windows.

And for those with big dogs, my Danes will fit nicely into the two-door. In the pic of Chaos, the rear seats are folded down. Once the seats are removed, both he and Havoc will have more than enough room, as the back area will be solely for them.

And that's all I can think of. If you have any questions, ask away!

A couple of shout outs... A HUGE shout out to @JimmyG from my original build week for continuing to check up on my progress and sending positive vibes for my trip to and from Iowa. It obviously worked, as I missed the FAA debacle the day before I left, and the tornado sightings/warnings in Atlanta while I was out of town. Also want to thank @Ohnoohnoooo for posting the rail journey our Broncos take to get to Granger. That took a lot of the guesswork (and stress) out of the process. And a big thanks to @Fedexman1978 for comparing notes as our Broncos traveled the rails together. And kudos to the entire 11/14 and other build week groups I've been a part of, as well as the Georgia Broncos Group... you guys ROCK!

And last but certainly not least, thanks to @Granger Ford and @Zach@Granger for an amazing car buying experience. I don't know that I would've stuck it out for almost three years were it not for your great deal, regular and transparent communication, and exceptional customer service.

This such a great forum, and I plan on sticking around to keep up with the Bronco news and hopefully meet a few of you on the trails!

UPDATE: Forgot to include her name... Artemis! In Greek mythology, Artemis is the goddess of the moon, animals and nature. And in Roman mythology Diana (my name) is also the goddess of the moon, animals and nature. So there you have it... Artemis!

Ford Bronco 11/14/22 Build Week - w/Spreadsheet IMG_1585-1

Ford Bronco 11/14/22 Build Week - w/Spreadsheet IMG_1591-1

Ford Bronco 11/14/22 Build Week - w/Spreadsheet IMG_1601-1

Ford Bronco 11/14/22 Build Week - w/Spreadsheet IMG_1609

Last edited:

1bluedog

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
340i, S2000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GreatDaneMom, Nice to hear you like the Bronco. I sure like mine. Pup looks so happy. Also, love the soft top!

Sponsored

Fedexman1978

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@GreatDaneMom I second everything you mentioned about the Granger buying experience. Hands down my best purchase experience to date. Kudos to the entire team. Thanks for sharing your bronco's journey with me! It helped ease the anxiety and obsession of that final wait and push for final delivery. Lol. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GreatDaneMom, Nice to hear you like the Bronco. I sure like mine. Pup looks so happy. Also, love the soft top!
Thanks! Once I do the rear seat delete this weekend, both Chaos and Havoc will get to ride! And for me, the soft top was definitely the way to go. Glad you like your Bronco, too!

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Granger was awesome, starting with pickup from the Des Moines airport. For those planning to arrange their own ride or hotel stay, the dealership is about a half hour from the airport.

My time in the finance area was brief... sign a few papers, give them the check, and done. Since this is my first Ford (Toyota gal here) I did opt for the 5-year extended warranty for $700. They had other options, including cosmetic warranties that cover dings, windshield cracks, etc. They sent the brochures on each option via email before my visit, and once I got there nothing was a hard sell. No pressure. Just a seamless transaction. 20,000 Ford Pass Points were deposited into my account the next day, and the 42,000 points for the purchase will show up shortly.

Samantha had some birthday balloons and a card in the car, and commented that she'd planned to stop at a bakery to get some dog treats for me to take back to the pups but didn't have time. Definitely the thought that counts! We spent some time synching up my phone and going over some of the features and off I went. Both Samantha and Zach followed up with nice emails welcoming me to the Granger Family. Classy. I will definitely send any business their way.

Back to the Bronco...

I averaged 17.8 mpg on the drive home. The road was flat but with major wind gusts. Getting 19 mpg on Atlanta highways where I'm not in a wind tunnel. Where it always felt like I was fighting with my Wrangler on road trips, the Bronco handled it like a pro... super comfortable. At one point I thought I smelled something burning, then realized it was my booty on fire from the seat warmers. Those suckers get HOT!

I do think I'm hearing a bit of the manual transmission noise that's been mentioned in the forums. Time will tell on that.

I purchased the AR stirrups. I'm 5'5" and they definitely make getting up into the Bronco much easier. There were a lot of comments in the forum about AR running behind on shipping. Looks like they've caught up, as I received my stirrups in less than a week... and with the black bolts that finish the classy look.

Also got my Bestop Trektop installed. Note: to get the $250 installation price, you need to call Bestop and schedule through them. Everyone else I called was running $400+. The installation took two people four hours. Mine was only the fourth two-door Bronco top they'd installed. They did mention that there are a lot more parts for the two-door top so be mindful of that. Also, the top needs to be kept in a minimum of 72 degrees to be able to be stretched to fit. They kept it in their truck with the heaters on while they installed the hardware.

A couple of things about the Bestop... it's super tight when first installed. I've read on the forums about people who couldn't open the top once installed. My installer said he's even been asked by a couple of owners to come back and remove the top because they couldn't open it. It took us several minutes to get the latches to release. It helped to pull down on the top while releasing the latches and let them "flick" up on their own and release the mechanism. It definitely took some work but I imagine it'll get easier over time.

The top was also too heavy and stiff for me to open by myself from one side like they show in the videos. That might change over time, but for now I had to put my knees on the console and push it open from the inside.

Other than that, the top is amazing! Very little wind noise even at 80 mph, and I love the versatility of being able to take out the back and side windows.

And for those with big dogs, my Danes will fit nicely into the two-door. In the pic of Chaos, the rear seats are folded down. Once the seats are removed, both he and Havoc will have more than enough room, as the back area will be solely for them.

A couple of shout outs... A HUGE shout out to @JimmyG from my original build week for continuing to check up on my progress and sending positive vibes for my trip to and from Iowa. It obviously worked, as I missed the FAA debacle the day before I left, and the tornado sightings/warnings in Atlanta while I was out of town. Also want to thank @Ohnoohnoooo for posting the rail journey our Broncos take to get to Granger. That took a lot of the guesswork (and stress) out of the process. And a big thanks to @Fedexman1978 for comparing notes as our Broncos traveled the rails together. And kudos to the entire 11/14 and other build week groups I've been a part of, as well as the Georgia Broncos Group... you guys ROCK!

And last but certainly not least, thanks to @Granger Ford and @Zach@Granger for an amazing car buying experience. I don't know that I would've stuck it out for almost three years were it not for your great deal, regular and transparent communication, and exceptional customer service.

This such a great forum, and I plan on sticking around to keep up with the Bronco news and hopefully meet a few of you on the trails!

UPDATE: Forgot to include her name... Artemis! In Greek mythology, Artemis is the goddess of the moon, animals and nature. And in Roman mythology Diana (my name) is also the goddess of the moon, animals and nature. So there you have it... Artemis!

Happy Birthday Diana!! You and the Bronco look mhavelous dahling! Those AR Stirrups are the shiznit! Badlands for a badass lady! Thanks for the shout out. You had this in the bag long ago. Thanks for allowing me to ride along with you in your journey.

Enjoy that Bronco and that perma-grin. :D

stroix

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Back to the Bronco...

Wooah....that's one nice looking ride you got there! :love:
The pup looks super happy....congrats again Diana!! Happy to hear you had an amazing experience at @Granger Ford

I'm looking forward to picking up my Bronco from Granger (hopefully soon) and will share my buying experience!

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wooah....that's one nice looking ride you got there! :love:
The pup looks super happy....congrats again Diana!! Happy to hear you had an amazing experience at @Granger Ford

I'm looking forward to picking up my Bronco from Granger (hopefully soon) and will share my buying experience!
Awesome! Hope yours comes in soon. Feel free to reach out with any questions in the meantime!

Sponsored

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also got my shipped email yesterday. Due at dealer 2/1-2/7. How do I find my railcar#

Call ford marketing and ask; tracking is a bit wonky though 18003344375.

Anyone else on rail TTGX707707?

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone been on Candian railroad leaving MAP? I got my rail car number and thats the train I am. Heading to MT.

JMullikin51

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang , 2004 BMW M3 , 2022 BMW 330I M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone been on Candian railroad leaving MAP? I got my rail car number and thats the train I am. Heading to MT.
I`m also on Canadian National railcar . By chance this morning while I was stopped at a railroad crossing I noticed a bunch of CN car hauler railcars on a BNSF rail/Engine. Maybe they`re on CN cars and being hauled by other rail operators?
Sponsored