Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
With all things in life, patience is a virtue. Everything will work out in the end so you might as well just enjoy your life stress free until than.
I'm definitely trying ?
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m towards the back of the line, what with my aug 1 reservation. But that might mean I get to see real colors and actually sit in one before I get the call to come pick it up and bring a check. I’m OK with that.

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So Spring is now June.... or is it by June?

tenor.gif
By June is now the beginning of July. But July 2021 is now October 2023, because of a gap between the Gregorian and Positivist world calendars.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be honest, the smart thing to look at in terms of timeline isn’t really production but company earnings reports. Ford is still a regular money making corp and they will set targets based on when it benefits shareholders. Not much more to it than that. Super cynical take, but I’ve worked at companies that needed to show growth and if that meant spreading sales out for sustained quarterly improvement then supply chain was managed.

Tim Cook at Apple became CEO for mastering sustainable sourcing meaning new products were mostly sold without staying on a shelf. No advantage at all for Ford to give everyone a Bronco on day one other than making us happy. Look to the car companies that increased their sales during COVID. They limited supply and ended up selling Kia Tellurides and RAV4s at over MSRP with an average of 2 days on lots!!! Probably the same strategy for Bronco.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I have to wait till spring 2022 will my bronco be a 2022 year model or do have to eat 1 year of depreciation
This is a valid question and one I wondered myself.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I have to wait till spring 2022 will my bronco be a 2022 year model or do have to eat 1 year of depreciation
I assume it will mostly depend on when they announce the next model will be available. I believe you are ordering the 2021 version regardless of when you receive it at least that’s what the paperwork will say. They must be confident in their delivery times. If it’s pushing your date to 2022 they should do more than rename it and just let you transfer the reservation to the latest version. But who knows?

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were Ford and I had too many orders to fulfill in MY1. I would offer some additional colors like...oh green right now for a rollover of the reservation and a guarantee of first ones off the line in MY2.

If I have to wait until Sept for my Bronco..I can wait a few more months for something as silly as a better color and any small bugs worked out from MY1.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If Ford thinks I will order a 2021 Bronco and take delivery in 2022, I have some news for them.

Sponsored

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This won't be a problem for Ford or Broncos for some time, but there's one thing I love - dealer leftovers. They're paying for that vehicle to be on that lot; old maids gotta go. That's how I managed to get a new zero miles 2017 Honda CB1100EX for $10K in 2020. MSRP $12K. I'd have no problems buying a new MY2021 Bronco in 2024. ... Unless there was a problem with MY2021 Broncos...

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This won't be a problem for Ford or Broncos for some time, but there's one thing I love - dealer leftovers. They're paying for that vehicle to be on that lot; old maids gotta go. That's how I managed to get a new zero miles 2017 Honda CB1100EX for $10K in 2020. MSRP $12K. I'd have no problems buying a new MY2021 Bronco in 2024. ... Unless there was a problem with MY2021 Broncos...
You wont see Broncos sitting on lots like that. Thats a guarantee.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So how do I determine which of those 165k I am? My reservation # is like 10,000,000 or so
I don't think there's any logical way to figure that out as of now. The registration numbers definitely seem squed and with some people canceling and never actually ordering the Bronco only time will tell how everything shakes out. I wouldn't put too much into your number.

ELJeffe77

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jefflenney.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think there's any logical way to figure that out as of now. The registration numbers definitely seem squed and with some people canceling and never actually ordering the Bronco only time will tell how everything shakes out. I wouldn't put too much into your number.
awesome, thank you very much… I did only order a month ago, so I certainly do not expect to get mine anytime soon LOL
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.