First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s nothing inherently “junk” about a spacer lift but it does have major down sides depending on how you’re using it. The benefit of a spacer lift is it keeps your exact ride quality/strut performance as you remain right in the middle of the window where the shock was designed to perform. The significant downside is it doesn’t limit downtravel so at full droop you’re now significantly more extended than you would have been otherwise and it puts major stress on your CV’s and Tie rods (which is where folks are having issues when they add spacer lifts and don’t know how to offroad properly). If you simply jam a 2-3” spacer up there and do any real off-roading expect to have issues at some point with tie rods/rack and CV’s. With a front wheel off the ground and severely over-extended and it comes down and makes contact w/ traction when you’re on the gas in 4wd the rest is history. Especially on an IFS vehicle as you don’t have the articulation of a solid axle and you’ll get a wheel off the ground a little easier.
Using lift springs on your factory struts has it’s advantages in some regards as it doesn’t add further down travel and stress on factory components but that’s where the benefits likely stop. What it does do though is cause the strut to ride in its “extended” range and you have basically zero down travel because it’s already there. Ride quality will suffer and off-road performance too. It would likely be fine if you’re just trying to achieve a look and for street use.
Another option are perch collars which basically do something similar to lift coils except they just add pre-load to the spring on the factory strut.
The zone 2” lift takes some of both of these techniques which maximizes the benefits and minimizes the downside. It’s a combo small perch collar lift + small spacer lift. It doesn’t add too much down travel which mitigates damage risk and it doesn’t pre-load the spring to the point of riding so high in the extended zone your ride goes to junk. It’s a solid approach if you already have factory Bilstein’s are are not looking to Replace those with a full coilover setup and don’t want more than 2” lifT over SAS. Lots of folks like to look down their nose at non-coilover lifts but they mostly don’t understand the various types and how they work and the upside/downside of each.
Thank you for such a detail break down of info. It really helped someone like me (beginner) to better understand my options when it comes to a lift/level kits options. Perch collars wasn’t even on my radar until now.

I really appreciate it your time. 👍
Sponsored

Gomezstx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m looking to add a 2” lift to my Badlands Non SAS. 2.7
I want to remove the stock 33”wheel/tires
and add some 35”.

Would I be OK with a
ZONE 2 inch spacer leveling lift kit?

Or do I need to do something like an
EIBACK Pro Lift kit (springs only)

???

besides being my daily driver. I do plan on doing some offroading on the weekends.
I do consider myself a beginner, so I don’t feel like I’ll be doing any major rock crawling trails for now.
but as I gain experience, down the line, I could try some more intermediate / advanced trails.
My badlands comes in next week (none sasquatch manual). I will tell you what i'm doing and also recommend what I would do in priority of cost

I would absolutely not use strut spacer which will over extend the OEM shock length into a region that will stress the CV shafts and steering geometry

In all cases below you will need your wheels to have a more agressive offset than your stock badlands wheels. I am going with zero offset. You will need wheel spacers or new wheels with the below lift options to run 35 tires. When you lift the wheel will "suck" in a bit. I don't like them tucked way inside the fender (I will has sasquatch fenders). If your keeping the OEM none sasquatch fenders you don't need as much offset

I'm keeping the stock suspension and swapping out the springs to eibach springs (should level and provide about 1/2" lift height over a stock sasquatch). Using OEM goodyear sasquatch tires (315). Icon rebound pro wheels zero offset. sasquatch fender flares. rokblokz mud flaps on day one protect sides. Self labor cost about $450

Other options in a general cost priority:
1) No lift. Add wheel spacers/new wheels as others have said. Some combinations may result in slight rub at extreme compression. Sasquatch set up has a bumpstop that is about 0.4" more to limit travel over the badlands none Sas

2) Add preload collar to your badlands bilstien to level out and create lift about 2 inches total in front. I would use a top hat spacer instead of preload in the back. Everything operates inside of original geometry. Self labor cost under $400

3) Sell your OEM take offs. Go Eibach stage 2 adjustable coil over. Will not need to replace upper control arm and you will have a height adjustable system. Self labor cost about $1500

4) Bilstien 5100 or 6100 shocks. Reuse your springs and top hats. I would prefer the 6100 because they hold alot more fluid and will deal with alot of abuse and is an ugrade in performance. (recover no cost for stock components). Do not need to replace upper control arms. Have height adjustable system. Self labor cost about $2000

5) Jump to next level with remote reservoir. Many options. You talk to King and they will confirm that their coilover will provide about up to 2 inch lift and not require upper control arm replacement. Designed to work with the full range of motion that Ford provides in the control arms. (now your in the self labor $4500 price range)

5) Price goes up from there

Last edited:

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm gonna throw a monkey wrench in this thread.
315's on stock BL wheels, no spacers.
Just noticed a bit of rub in the right front, after upper control arm install. I think the tire is contacting the sway bar at full lock.
1.5" spacer lift all around.
The spacers do push the axles and tie rods down. The angles are kinda steep at full droop. Heading to Moab next month. Stay tuned.
Ford Bronco 2” Spacers or springs lift kit? IMG_20230319_151736

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spacer will allow the components to extend beyond what they were designed to do. Street driving that's not a big deal. For off-roading but the different story.

Also...

Dude.. you screenshotted that chart from this video didn't ya lol..... I did the same thing!

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Eibach springs on my non sasquatch badlands. Eibach used my bronco to test fit their springs on a non sasquatch BL. The springs ride really nice. I am extremely happy with the stance. All stock suspension components/geometry with a higher ride height.

I am still running stock 33's. I have 315/70/17 bfg ko2's for it, but have yet to mount them an unfortunately will be a few more weeks until I can do so. Also the bfg ko2's run small compared to other brand 35's so minimal lift is needed to clear them. My original plan was just a zone 1" leveling spacer kit up front. That is until I heard about the Eibach pro lift springs.

Have info on this? Exactly what I want. Small lift and no spacers. Stock 33’s and maybe 35’s when it’s time to replace

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dude.. you screenshotted that chart from this video didn't ya lol..... I did the same thing!

Yeah thanks. I couldn't remember where I got it from. Full credit to them.

Macclone

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Super Duty Platinum diesel.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco 2” Spacers or springs lift kit? IMG_8212

35 12.5 on 18 rims with 2 inch lift. Retained crash bars.

Last edited:

brian626

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche Boxster S, 2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

brian626

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you! Looks great! I have an OBX too, and I am trying to decide on wheels so I can upgrade to 35" tires. If you get a chance, can you please post a photo from either the front or back so I can see how much tire poke you have?

Sponsored

Macclone

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Super Duty Platinum diesel.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you! Looks great! I have an OBX too, and I am trying to decide on wheels so I can upgrade to 35" tires. If you get a chance, can you please post a photo from either the front or back so I can see how much tire poke you have?
Ford Bronco 2” Spacers or springs lift kit? IMG_8213

brian626

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

JPBronco23

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry for the dumb question, but for the bronco, do most people just get a wider tire to get the wider stance? On my jeep I went with a spacer for the wide look, but wondering to go a different route. Looking at Eibach coils, but need to figure out tire situation.

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have a pic of KO2 35s on stock Badlands with non-sas wheels? Or same offset? With or without lift.

OP
OP
BroncoVegas19

BroncoVegas19

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Eibach springs on my non sasquatch badlands. Eibach used my bronco to test fit their springs on a non sasquatch BL. The springs ride really nice. I am extremely happy with the stance. All stock suspension components/geometry with a higher ride height.

I am still running stock 33's. I have 315/70/17 bfg ko2's for it, but have yet to mount them an unfortunately will be a few more weeks until I can do so. Also the bfg ko2's run small compared to other brand 35's so minimal lift is needed to clear them. My original plan was just a zone 1" leveling spacer kit up front. That is until I heard about the Eibach pro lift springs.

I was wondering how the ride/ performance has been up until now with the springs ?

pros ?
cons ?

I’m very close to pulling the trigger on them, but now a friend mentioned that it might be a good option to do do the Eibach Coilover instead.
Sponsored