Sponsored

Anyone run Eibach PRO-LIFT-KIT Springs ?

kingsingh14

Badlands
First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco BL SAS LUX 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://eibach.com/us/2907/E30-35-056-01-22-FORD-Bronco-pro-lift-kit

Has anybody had experience with these?

My ‘23 BL SAS is my first 4x4, and the stock HOSS 2.0 suspension setup more than capable enough for someone of my skill level (I think?) but I definitely still want to have a lift.

I looked at some spacer lifts but I’m worried about altering the geometry and pre-mature wear on the other suspension components, hence why I’m looking into a set of springs rather than the puckstyle lifts.
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, there are multiple threads. I'll try to find.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, I see you're SAS. Only threads I find are Non-SAS.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My ‘23 BL SAS is my first 4x4, and the stock HOSS 2.0 suspension setup more than capable enough for someone of my skill level (I think?) but I definitely still want to have a lift.

I looked at some spacer lifts but I’m worried about altering the geometry and pre-mature wear on the other suspension components, hence why I’m looking into a set of springs rather than the puckstyle lifts.
The link you provided states they are for 1st edition so Sasquatch should be covered. Seems as though I've seen threads with these installed...I recollect they add some stiffness over stock.

You could also look at perch collars as an option vs. puck style lift.

huck2080

Black Diamond
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
had them installed this morning like them so far , ill have to get back with you after I drive it a bit , in the suspension section there is a thread on like page 4 or 5 with about 32 pages of opinions

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingsingh14

kingsingh14

Badlands
First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
had them installed this morning like them so far , ill have to get back with you after I drive it a bit , in the suspension section there is a thread on like page 4 or 5 with about 32 pages of opinions
Awesome. Does your bronco also have the bilsteins w/Sasquatch?

Sponsored
OP
OP
kingsingh14

kingsingh14

Badlands
First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have used eibach springs on my raptor with live valve shocks, but would not recommend them for a sasquatch or badlands bronco.

The problem with spring-only lift is that the sasquatch or badlands bilstein coilovers will no longer work as intended.
  • The bilsteins have 3 fixed dampening zones (normal ride range, compressed, and extended). The damping is increased at the extremes. Search "ESCV" for more info. Adding a 2.3" front spring lift will make it ride in the extended zone (pothole zone) instead of the normal ride zone. This abnormal damping may affect ride quality and shocks may fail prematurely due to excess heat.
  • Ford engineered the front suspension to have roughly 60% up-travel and 40% down-travel (rear is about 50:50). If you add a 2.3" spring-only lift, you will end up with ~88% up and ~12% down. You will only have ~1" of down-travel which is worse than many street-only cars, so expect poor control on washboard road.
  • Having only 1" of down-travel will eliminate much of the swaybar disco benefit.
Any lift will add some risk of premature wear due to increased CV and tie rod angle (you are changing the nominal ride height geometry). A spacer lift adds additional risk at full droop (when tire is off the ground), but it doesn't have the performance issues.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have used eibach springs on my raptor with live valve shocks, but would not recommend them for a sasquatch or badlands bronco.

The problem with spring-only lift is that the sasquatch or badlands bilstein coilovers will no longer work as intended.
  • The bilsteins have 3 fixed dampening zones (normal ride range, compressed, and extended). The damping is increased at the extremes. Search "ESCV" for more info. Adding a 2.3" front spring lift will make it ride in the extended zone (pothole zone) instead of the normal ride zone. This abnormal damping may affect ride quality and shocks may fail prematurely due to excess heat.
  • Ford engineered the front suspension to have roughly 60% up-travel and 40% down-travel (rear is about 50:50). If you add a 2.3" spring-only lift, you will end up with ~88% up and ~12% down. You will only have ~1" of down-travel which is worse than many street-only cars, so expect poor control on washboard road.
  • Having only 1" of down-travel will eliminate much of the swaybar disco benefit.
Any lift will add some risk of premature wear due to increased CV and tie rod angle (you are changing the nominal ride height geometry). A spacer lift adds additional risk at full droop (when tire is off the ground), but it doesn't have the performance issues.
I have them on mine and have no such issues. There was a little bit of break in, but now the ride is perfect. Main issue everyone seems to have w/these is Eibach tried to make 1 spring set that works for all bilstein equipped Broncos, and really they did as good a job as possible, but Broncos vary so much across option levels that say a 4dr v6/at w/tow is not going to get much lift at all, and my 2dr 2.3/MT gets a nice healthy boost. The springs are variable rate, and extremely soft...great for a 2dr offroad rig, but heavily loaded 4dr not as much. Eibach has realized this, and claims to be working on a stiffer set for "4dr overlanding" setups.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have them on mine and have no such issues. There was a little bit of break in, but now the ride is perfect. Main issue everyone seems to have w/these is Eibach tried to make 1 spring set that works for all bilstein equipped Broncos, and really they did as good a job as possible, but Broncos vary so much across option levels that say a 4dr v6/at w/tow is not going to get much lift at all, and my 2dr 2.3/MT gets a nice healthy boost. The springs are variable rate, and extremely soft...great for a 2dr offroad rig, but heavily loaded 4dr not as much. Eibach has realized this, and claims to be working on a stiffer set for "4dr overlanding" setups.
Glad to hear they are working well for you. It is definitely a difficult problem to provide consistent ride height with a progressive spring.

A few people have complained that in daily driving the suspension tops out on bumps and hard acceleration, but I assume that is for lighter Broncos that ended up with the full 2.3" lift.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to hear they are working well for you. It is definitely a difficult problem to provide consistent ride height with a progressive spring.

A few people have complained that in daily driving the suspension tops out on bumps and hard acceleration, but I assume that is for lighter Broncos that ended up with the full 2.3" lift.
Mine felt that way at 1st, but settled in in a few miles. I'm happy with them now. I got about 2" out of them. I needed to add a little to the rear to get it leveled out (basically removed spacers from the front previously installed to level, then installed them on rear), that seemed to balance it out enough to keep the front from topping out on hard accel. They ARE very soft, and best for offroad use, not towing/hauling
Sponsored